It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted Steubenville Rapist Returns To School Football Team

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Good for the kid, it is fine that he will be getting his life back on track.
It is not like anyone died, in fact there are people in this world murdering swaths of fellow human beings and being paraded as "heroes".
But this kid has served some of his sentence, others can get a reduced sentence, and they have killed!!!
On the brighter side... If the victim has the will, she will turn this negative into a positive and have a wonderful life, right?
An eye for an eye only leaves the world blind, amirite???

Wonder if you would feel that way if it was your daughter? Probably.. Troll

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude
a reply to: g146541

Do me a favor and don't agree with me.

I never abided by that "product of my environment" crap.

Both my father & grandfather were raging alcoholics, and abusive.

I don't drink, and my children aren't afraid of me.

And everyone involved in this scenario (including those that support the HS football team) should be ashamed of themselves!

It appears that this time you did "abide".
And good for you for turning out a good person, not all have the strength to turn a bad thing into a good.
I am glad you had a chance to be a good father, the world certainly needs many of these.
Star to you.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

is the rest of the team that pathetic that this POS was needed?

but hey, if the community values this douche more highly than their daughters , let it be OP,
this WILL come back bite them in the ass. As he'll no doubt rape again,
and again,
and again,
only he and friends will be more careful to cover it up in future.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

It is not like anyone died, in fact there are people in this world murdering swaths of fellow human beings and being paraded as "heroes".
But this kid has served some of his sentence, others can get a reduced sentence, and they have killed!!!
On the brighter side... If the victim has the will, she will turn this negative into a positive and have a wonderful life, right?

maybe offer him a beer and talk football...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Both the wife and I paid attention to all 6 of our kids, the 4 boys and the 2 girls.
I guess growing up in my house gave them the presence of mind to stay away from potential trouble.
Of our 6 kids out of the house now, none have even ever been to jail.
I think we did awesome!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Would you say the same if it where your sister? your mom? your little girl?

edit on 11-8-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
Would you say the same if it where your sister? your mom? your little girl?

I guess it is a moot point any of this speculation.
The state has let this person go, his dues are paid.
Please don't be angry with me as this is wholly out of my control.
I believe ALL criminals should be punished, and when the crimes are atrocities, they should be put to death.
The state essentially sponsors atrocities by either giving short sentences or completely turning a blind eye, sometimes they are even complicit for financial reasons.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Want to get rid of rape culture? Get rid of scantily clad girls and roided out football players.

I mean really. Do you really believe that lol. If we made laws to get rid of all scantily clad clothing. Rapists will just get turned on by ankles instead of thighs. They will still rape. Then you will have to make a law to cover woman from head to toe in fabric. Hmmmm wonder if that has been tried anywhere.

edit on 11-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Just answer my question.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
this thread is going to get ugly fast

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth

Just answer my question.

If you look above your previous post you have been provided with an answer even before you asked.
And it is not like the kid escaped prison, he was "lawfully" discharged.
Hope it helps

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

What about the victim? Think the victim will ever get their life back? No, the victim is in essence dead. A rape victim doesn't get to pick up the pieces. The rape victim ends up in years of therapy. It is something you never get over.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I very rarely (if ever) think mob justice is caused for, but in this case I feel that if the judicial system can't put the man behind bars, the rest of us should make it so he can never do such an act ever again.

I hope justice is served one way or another, I would be boycotting anything and everything to do with his school and football!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

Agreed. I really do think what they did is worse than murder because of the trauma and the scars that poor girl will have to deal with for the rest of her life.

I am walking away from this thread now so I don't break T&C due to another poster.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

You didn't answer the question you walked around it. But that in its self answered my question and confirmed my thoughts.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

What about the victim? Think the victim will ever get their life back? No, the victim is in essence dead. A rape victim doesn't get to pick up the pieces. The rape victim ends up in years of therapy. It is something you never get over.

What about the victim?
There are many women who have been strong enough to not let this kind of thing define them.
Murder victims do not get the option to pick up and move on, yet some applaud them as "heroes"...Odd.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom
I think you nailed it, those who would control our lives are corrupt and out of control, they allow atrocities, some even press for them.
We are so divided in our petty squabbles, we allow this to happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

There are bad people in society, they must be removed from society or they will continue to cause grief. Some might say rape is a more horrible crime then murder as the victim must deal with their ordeal every day of their life, kind of hard for a corpse to feel fear, don't you think? This kid willingly participated in a gang rape, society should shun him for good reason, laws and football culture be damned.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Syyth007

There are bad people in society, they must be removed from society or they will continue to cause grief. Some might say rape is a more horrible crime then murder as the victim must deal with their ordeal every day of their life, kind of hard for a corpse to feel fear, don't you think? This kid willingly participated in a gang rape, society should shun him for good reason, laws and football culture be damned.

I would not disagree that some of the trash in this world should be taken out, especially the trash that continues committing atrocities.
But while rape is horrible, there are many women who have been raped who are glad to still be alive, I'm sure the majority of women who have dealt with rape were much stronger than to let it define them as a person.
I do agree society should shun him, but his conviction and release was all the courts doing.
Just maybe this is a statement about those who put sports and cash above human life and liberty.
The "football culture" people it would seem are willing to overlook a lot of things for their bread and circuses.
"As long as it doesn't happen to me" is the way they see things, but silence is consent and your family member just might be next.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

He will be run out. He will and deserves every horrible thing said to him on the line of scrimmage and hopefully it destroys his career when he can't play due to the pressure.

He won't be picked up by any pro team.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join