It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon contradicts Obama, says they’ve been “very clear” about ISIS threat in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Not claiming the death, pain and suffering aren't real, but I get a bad feeling about this. The CNN video is real enough and it has a profound effect. I can't help but wonder if this was allowed to escalate to the proportions it has so there will be little resistance from the public about a full scale deployment into the region again to finish the work our leaders were bid to do by the PTB. That is to go in and take out all the remaining nation states that are not part of the central banking system and put in place a large US presence, justified by the current events. Unlike the Syria situation on it's own, this seems to be touching a lot of sympathetic strings from most and both sides of the aisle are pushing for military intervention. I mean how could they, or more specifically, he, be so clueless and incompetent to allow IS to grow to such devastating proportions?

Also, Hillary is having a Presidential moment, as she has publicly disagreed with Obama on how he handled Syria and has come out criticizing Obama on his handling of the situation with IS. This gives her a platform to look like she is presidential material. Something is afoot here and it ain't what it seems. Let's put it this way, no one in the Pentagon or in Congress will be disappointed if we again go full tilt into the region. Plenty of money will be flowing and Hillary get's to claim she knew best and would have done things differently. This puts her back in the lime light and I'm sure we'll see her in the news more, talking about what she would have done.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

ISIS grew under the watch of everyone ... that much is certain.

Hilary is no exception here. She is an idiot of the millionth degree. ISIS was born in Iraq, not Syria, and she helped along policy to feed them in Syria - so they could gain even greater power and numbers.

And yes, she is using posturing for a new communist America... she is the last person on earth I want to see in office. As a matter of fact, she is the last person who needs to be in politics.

She has less clue about politics, policy, and military strategy than any other idiot who has tried and failed these last years... and certain to make the most mistakes of all.
edit on 11-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Here's one of the things I always had a problem with whenever I was downrange. Many Sunni tribes were part of the "Sons of Iraq" Or also called "The Awakening" program. We paid them to provide security and keep the peace in their towns. We also gave them rudimentary training in the meantime.

While it did give positive results at that time, the Iraqis are paying the price now. The road to hell is paved in good intentions.

Every one and especially Arabs, of all stripes, pretty much know this one tactic. When weak, submit, when those you oppose are weak, attack. Truthfully, that's common sense, but these guys are monsters.

The West didn't look far enough ahead when they conceived their plan. And now with the changes in administrations, they really have little clue as to handle it.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

ISIS grew under the watch of everyone ... that much is certain.

Hilary is no exception here. She is an idiot of the millionth degree. ISIS was born in Iraq, not Syria, and she helped along policy to feed them in Syria - so they could gain even greater power and numbers.

And yes, she is using posturing for a new communist America... she is the last person on earth I want to see in office. As a matter of fact, she is the last person who needs to be in politics.

She has less clue about politics, policy, and military strategy than any other idiot who has tried and failed these last years... and certain to make the most mistakes of all.

you took the words right out of my mouth.

but will the right people (msm) wake up in time?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

The fact is, we should never have gone back into Iraq. Ever. But we did, and this is the consequence of leaving.

Yet... leave we must. Seriously - we cannot afford to stay forever, and I don't think there is ever going to be a good time to leave... you will always be met with this as the end. Especially when your choice of government is not the people's wishes.

We CANNOT control the dynamics in the middle east. we must let the people there establish their own. ISIS is really really bad... but they are also bad enough for the people around them to realize its time for them to come together against it.

And I believe they will... so long as they feel like no one else is helping - and its all up to them. That is my opinion, but I think its worth just watching and waiting... and praying... that they finally do come together to find their own freedom.

A freedom fought for, is a freedom gained. No one can hand out freedom, it must be earned.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes Obama did know back in 2012! He and the administration were warned by the intelligence community, that ISIL was on the move and something needed to be done before the group got out of hand...But in fine Obama fashion he was too busy focusing on staying popular and becoming re elected. Besides, doing anything about ISIL would interfere with his next "Tonight Show" or "Letterman" appearance, pushing his Obama Care!

Yeah, how did that work out for you? Watch and see:

Oh one other thing Mr. Obozo, you say we will not send troops back to Iraq! Well the cat is out of the bag! NO KIDDING!! We won't have to!! THEY ARE ALREADY THERE!! I hope one of the Rangers invites you to jump with them, then you would get a birds eye view and some specialized training in what its like to STAND UP FOR OUR COUNTRY!

Pax

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Obama chose to do nothing because isis is his army.

He armed them in Syria, He took the dictator out of Libya so they could grow.

He supported them in Egypt, but the egyptian army saw right through it.

When will America wake up? When theres a black flage hanging over New York or the white house.

Isis will soon be everywhere including a town near you.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm pretty sure anyone with an internet connection knew this was going to happen. However in regard to all his earlier precedent setting denials and excuses it should be no surprise Obama would try to shift blame, again.

The guy simply cannot take responsibility for anything.

You're the MAN!
I'm borrowing that one, Thanks,,,,,,,
On topic, Naturally, Obama is a Lying P O S.
Every body can read, we all know that he was warned in 2012, he choice to ignore that warning.
So, What does the Obama team and the Obamanites try to get everyone to believe,,,Yes, it's All Bushes fault and Obama didn't know.

ETA: @ paxnatus, Nice work there,,, I'm going to have to work harder in the future,,,,,,,Good

edit on 12-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Of course they knew what was going on, they just chose to not really do anything about it at the time. I can't imagine why not but thats how it went down, now they are doing the finger pointing games for PR points.

If you are an American you should know that's not the way it works...The Pentagon can't do a thing without a yea or nay from Obama...Obama is the CIC and he tells the Pentagon what they will or will not do...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
There is no doubt that the Obama Administration knew that IS was a threat at least as far back as the middle of 2013. The Iraqi Government begged for air/drone strikes against their positions when they were still staging in the Western Iraqi desserts in mid 2013. They would have been far away from civilian populations which would have allowed an unleashing of Hellfire (missiles) without the threat of collateral damage.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: Brotherman
Of course they knew what was going on, they just chose to not really do anything about it at the time. I can't imagine why not but thats how it went down, now they are doing the finger pointing games for PR points.

If you are an American you should know that's not the way it works...The Pentagon can't do a thing without a yea or nay from Obama...Obama is the CIC and he tells the Pentagon what they will or will not do...

of course you understand that when I said "THEY" i didn't say "THE PENTAGON" and I didn't say "OBAMA" why is that? Oh yeah because I was referring to both the Pentagon and Obama as a matter of fact I had already explained that like a post or two below the one you are cherry picking from.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Obama knew about IS back when he received his first National Security briefing before he even became POTUS and was still running for election. And he has probably heard about them weekly until recently when it became a daily thing.

He blew them off as a JV team, remember? Just a bunch of Arab rednecks in his opinion. He probably still can't come to terms in his own mind as to how they have gained so much strength so quickly and have done what they are doing.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

a 30 minute Q&A with shoebat by Michael Savage

everyone knew that AQ splinter groups were too radical way before last year 2013 & ISIS morphing into a Caliphate
there are very few things which cause wet-dreams in the WH
edit on th31140785288212142014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

ADD: when Iraq falls to the Caliph & Caliphate they will only have the arms & equipment that the Iraqi Shia gov't had in its possession...

Russia, China, EU, USA are all against the ISIS Caliphate so only N K could be expected to send the Caliphate missiles or other high tech weaponry....

-> only invasions of States like Turkey or Saudi Arabia or Iran by the Caliphate could resupply/ arm their Army of foot soldiers with more RPGs, rifles, ammo which is in a limited supply to the IS-Caliphate

so, on the visible horizon of potential geopolitical probabilities.... the ISIS Caliphate has an exhaustible & very limited supply chain---
Unless there is a radical change in the present status of the conduct of Mid East Nations...

i.e.: the Turks take over the headquarters of the Caliphate leadership & move IS to Istanbul & move Mecca shrines to the Hagia Sophia & a reborn Ottoman Caliphate becomes the regional power

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on th31140785528312542014 by St Udio because: link

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Your video of the Savage Nation and the interview of Walid shoebat is absolutely terrifying and shocking!
I can only say, every single member here needs to watch THIS!! Forget what you think about war or the USA military
or whose creation ISIS was...This is about the near future and what is coming and why!

I am not a fear monger nor an alarmist, but a realist! We, and I mean every sovereign nation needs to join together to stop this group! The problem of ISIS is not just in the Middle East and you are very naive if you think so. ISIS is here and is growing exponentially. Now, is the time to act before there is a Caliphate upon the entire world! If you do not think this could happen, listen to the words of a former terrorist with the PLO, he knows what he is talking about and he is warning all of us!

Pax

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

But he also relies on his advisers to suggest a course of action. The blame is on a lot more people than just Obama.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nunya13

But he also relies on his advisers to suggest a course of action. The blame is on a lot more people than just Obama.
He hires and appoints the "advisors". We hired him to make intelligent choices. If the Pentagon was telling him ISIS was an imminent threat and he didn't listen, well he didn't make an intelligent choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join