It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Robin Williams.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Heartbreaking.

Rest in peace Robin.

Peace and love star child.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

Holy carp! This is really sad news. I have a personal story about Robin. I'll relay it a bit later.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sad sad news. I just heard the news and I'm stunned.

This guy made me laugh, made me cry and made me stand in awe at some of his acting skills.

Rest in Peace, Robin Williams. You will be greatly missed.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Many talented comedian's have sad live's, this is saddening news god bless his family and his soul, he made a lot of people forget there own misery for a short time.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Many talented comedian's have sad live's

So true.

Its almost like the more laughs you have the shorter your will to live, how weird is that.

Should we all just tell less jokes and be more dull?

------------------------------------------------------

F # THAT - if i managed to live half his life i will consider my self lucky - God bless and universes speed Sir. See you on the other side.

edit on b2323725 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Many talented comedian's have sad live's, this is saddening news god bless his family and his soul, he made a lot of people forget there own misery for a short time.

So weird. Laughing makes people feel good and making people laugh should feel good.

They are not laughing at you they are laughing at the jokes.

Seems so strange.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Damn :-(

Very early memories for me of him when he was Mork, up to amazing performances in The Awakenings and Good Will hunting.

RIP another true talent.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There is already a thread on this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: b14warrior

I was basically posting to say RIP. But if there is another thread then it can be closed.

I wasn't aware there was.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

RIP Robin Williams. I hope you have a good afterlife. I have to say you have really awesome movies and were the only one of the other celebrities that were not jerks in a time when we have celebs going down the drain. (Not mentioning their names .)
edit on 11-8-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

It was 1984 and my cousin's bachelor party. A bunch of us took my cousin out to the Wienerwald in Times Square and then out to clubs. Last club we hit was Studio 54. Our group was spread out throughout the club and many of us didn't see one another until closing.

Me and my buddy Tom were hanging by one of the bars. Tom is looking at this guy then walks over to him - a short guy dressed in a green corduroy suit with a matching green corduroy cap. A few minutes later he walks back to me and says, "You know who that is? That's Robin Williams." I had to think about it for a minute, because he wasn't the big star he eventually became. He said, "Let's buy him a drink." So we walked over and did just that. We stood there for 3 or 4 hours, buying each other drinks and getting pretty faced. He told jokes and did impressions. He was actually very real and sincere. We ended up closing the place at 4am as they turned up the lights and asked everyone to leave.

So there we were, outside Studio 54, on the street, with Robin Williams, still bulls$itting and laughing. We asked if he needed a ride somewhere. He said he expected a ride, but would take us up on it if "the guy didn't show". So we waited with him. When people passed by, we said, "Hey you know who this is?", pointing at Robin. People just looked and then kept walking, not knowing who was under the green corduroy cap. Robin got a kick out of it, understanding we were busting his b...s

About an hour later, with the sun just starting to light the sky, a limo turned the corner. As it approached, someone stood up through the sunroof. At first it was difficult to make out who the heck it was. Then as it pulled up next to us, I was like, holy $h!t, it's Rick James! Yup, Rick James, the king of funk. Robin thanked us for a good time and for waiting with him and then drove off into the rising sun with Rick James. Guess we knew what they were going to be up to for remainder of the day

I just remember him being a very real guy with foibles like the rest of us. My favorite movie of his was Dead Poet Society. It seemed to fit his personality - a rebel with a cause who doesn't want the fanfare that goes with it.

Rest in peace Robin! You made us all laugh and for a short time, experience the magic you performed!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sad to hear...last movie I have seen RW in was Night At The Museum... *stunned*

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
He has gone now, I'd just like to think of him as a real person, who acted like a real person. There are the good times, R.I.P. Robin.
edit on 11-8-2014 by smurfy because: ?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread Here

top topics

<< 1   >>

join