It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news actor Robin Williams found dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
A man that brought us so many laughs...leaves us on a sour note? Suicide, nonetheless? Talk about messing with the public's mind. WOW. I feel like i'm living in the twilight zone.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Great wits and madness are near allied and thin partitions do their bounds divide.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Depression.

edit on 11-8-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A sad day to be sure. The world has lost a bright light.
I did not know he suffered from depression. It is most unsettling that he
felt he had no other alternative. He must have been so lost to do this.
He will be missed by many....
edit on 11-8-2014 by Arduous because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: blacktie

Re The Birdcage.......Thank you!! This has always been one of my very favorites!! and i totally forgot!

pax

link   
To all those who feel that this is worthy of a joke, I pity you.

R.I.P Robin Williams you made me laugh so much as a kid that I could forget sometimes how bad my life was. For that there is no recompense, only love, and sadness.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

As I just said in another thread, I just heard the news and I'm stunned.

What a loss ! This is a very sad day. He was one of my all time favorites no matter what he did.

May his soul rest in peace. He will be greatly missed.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well...shazbot.

RIP.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

R.I.P Robin Williams you made me laugh so much as a kid that I could forget sometimes how bad my life was. For that there is no recompense, only love, and sadness.

What a great eulogy. Superb.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
a reply to: blacktie

Re The Birdcage.......Thank you!! This has always been one of my very favorites!! and i totally forgot!

pax

Absolutely my favorite, I watched it a dozen times.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The funniest amongst us are usually the saddest!!!

How many of us can't say he made us laugh many times, & that's a rare and amazing type of person!!!
Great man!!!

Rest In Power Mate!!!

Peace Mr.Williams!!!
Loved Jumanji Pal, There'll Be A Monsoon Of Tears This Evening!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CINY8
I am so sad about this! I grew up watching so many of his movies and shows. I know he had past issues with depression, etc but still shocking.

Oddly enough, just yesterday there was a big internet hoax about him passing away. I can't recall who it was now but I know this same thing happened to another actor that died right after a hoax.

Rumors of the actor’s alleged demise gained traction on Sunday after a ‘R.I.P. Robin Williams’ Facebook page attracted nearly one million of ‘likes’. Those who read the ‘About’ page were given a believable account of the American actor’s passing: “At about 11 a.m. ET on Sunday (August 10, 2014), our beloved actor Robin Williams passed away. Robin Williams was born on July 21, 1951 in Chicago. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.”

Internet hoax

That link doesn't show this but news of today...

Either way that's weird. There was also an internet hoax going around the day before Paul Walker died too.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thank you for a wonderful childhood.

Rest in Peace Brother.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I'm wondering if he DID die earlier, and they had to retract the statements and label them as a "hoax" until the official story could be ironed out?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I see and hear of deaths all the time with little to no emotion in my older age. When I heard this one on CNN a little while ago, I felt genuine sadness, a lump in my throat and dismay. Truly do not understand how a man who has brought millions of smiles, happiness and laughs to so many, for so long could ever feel so dark to take his own life.

I do not know what kind of man he was off screen but I will miss the man we all knew and loved on screen and always wonder why no one noticed he was leaning toward this horrible event and helped him beyond it.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have a different take on a comedians passing. Somewhere out there he is cutting it up with all his mentors, right now.

Laughing his ass off.

I'm laughing right along with him. The last thing he would want of everyone down here is to be sad at anything he did.

So be happy for him, shed a grin instead of a tear. Watch something funny he did and laugh like we always have.

ETA: Thinking of you, "Patch".

edit on 11-8-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
RIP friend.
Was just thinking about "What Dreams May Come" last evening...
Hope you get the best of them!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Bummers, I liked his movies. Hope is in a better place.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I was deployed to the Middle East in 2008 when a USO tour came through with Robin Williams as the headliner. A couple thousand troops in uniform, all standing shoulder to shoulder under a big brown tent in 100 degree heat, all waiting for Mr. Robin Williams to come on stage and do what he does best. There were some other performers on the tour, but everyone was excited to hear Robin Williams entertain. He did not disappoint.

His jokes were off the chart. He made jokes about our government, our military leadership, the state of the war at the time. Everything pushed the envelope, while everyone was laughing. It was a great change of pace in the deployment life. Me being the skeptic that I am, figured once he was done he'd quickly retreat to an air conditioned room and hop on a plane to his next stop.

I was wrong. He took the time to shake every persons hand, said "thank you" to the service men and women with true sincerity. Took photos with us, joked with us, he even went to the chow hall and ate with us. Such a great performer. And despite his personal flaws, still a great human being.

RIP Robin Williams, you will be greatly missed!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

I just heard this on the news a short time ago. I feel very sad.

Several years ago I was in Reno, NV and a friend of mine and I went to a popular club there; we were out on the dance floor and in comes Robin Williams with several of his friends; I think they must have come from Hawaii; because Robin had a bunch of Hawaiian leis and his was dancing acting all happy and silly and putting them on people necks. Then he went around the dance floor and tried to dance with everyone. He was full of life, and love and such happy energy. That is how I will always remember him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join