It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robin Williams Dies of Suspected Suicide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

He was back on it according to Articles read on MSN.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical

originally posted by: g146541
Just take a look at all of the comedians who have taken their lives, or died young due to reckless self abuse.
I'm not claiming a pattern, but Robin was funny as hell, maybe a prime target for reality poisoning.

I agree. July 31 he sent his daughter a Happy Birthday tweet. Doesn't sound like a depressed person. He would have not tweeted that. It is now 10 days after that tweet, he showed no signs of a depressed person. I think it is poisoning as well.

You'd be amazed at how well depressed people can "fit in" with society. I know, because mi one of those people. It's not at all unusual that he would've sent his daughter a Happy Birthday message. I've attended parties for friends, smiled and laughed and acted the part, and gone home to contemplate ending things. He was an incredible and gifted actor, this would have been easy for him to pull off.

Severely depressed people often hide behind a mask. There's even a condition known as Smiling Depression, where the person hides their pain behind a mask of laughter.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: St Udio

I had a similar thought about "asphyxiation". It isn't suffocation, but it could be carbon monoxide poisoning or strangulation.

I immediately thought of David Carradine and the way he died.

ETA: What made him star in the movie, "World's Greatest Dad" in 2009? That was a story based around an auto erotic asphyxiation death.
Thought I'd add here that I don't consider such a death as suicide, but as an accidental death.

looks like we are the only two on the site so-far to consider the provocative initial statement on the cause-of-death

accidental suicide seems reasonable
edit on th31140785231712052014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Why do funny people get so depressed?

Cause they realize they are telling the truth and people are just laughing at it.

Thought this deserved another airing. Very true
Depression is an insidious killer.

RIP Robin, thanks for the smiles

"Mr. Williams, your table is ready!"
edit on 8/12/14 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
See there are two active threads so I'll post the same thing in this one.

Such a funny man. Love his movie Jack. The part where they are in the tree house and the tree house falls to the ground is great!

He was in such a deep dark place in his life. They said he went to rehab recently but looking back now it was too late for him. He had gone too long. It saddens me that a man great at making other people feel good and laugh was unable to do so for himself.

The old me would criticize him for being selfish and greedy for taking his life. I am at peace with this however. I knew he fought hard for many many years. It's a disease and it finally caught up to him. I truly believe he is in a much better place. This was not the Robin Williams that killed himself...it was a shell of Robin Williams, an impostor.

A pic from last month. Looking at it now you can see the sadness in his eyes. RIP Robin you will be greatly missed

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Oscar-winning actor and comedian Robin Williams has died at age 63, according to police in Marin County, Calif.
The full statement is below.

On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 a.m, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63-year-old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Division s of the Sheriff’s Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1 call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.
More to come…

I love this man! Suicide? Say it ain't so!!

Rest in peace funny man...

Absolutely love your avatar. Such a great picture.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: smyleegrl

originally posted by: Diabolical

originally posted by: g146541
Just take a look at all of the comedians who have taken their lives, or died young due to reckless self abuse.
I'm not claiming a pattern, but Robin was funny as hell, maybe a prime target for reality poisoning.

I agree. July 31 he sent his daughter a Happy Birthday tweet. Doesn't sound like a depressed person. He would have not tweeted that. It is now 10 days after that tweet, he showed no signs of a depressed person. I think it is poisoning as well.

You'd be amazed at how well depressed people can "fit in" with society. I know, because mi one of those people. It's not at all unusual that he would've sent his daughter a Happy Birthday message. I've attended parties for friends, smiled and laughed and acted the part, and gone home to contemplate ending things. He was an incredible and gifted actor, this would have been easy for him to pull off.

Severely depressed people often hide behind a mask. There's even a condition known as Smiling Depression, where the person hides their pain behind a mask of laughter.
Oh agreed Smyleegrl 100%

My nickname at work is actually "Smiler" and a lot of the people I see on a daily basis ask me "Do you ever stop smiling?"

It's a mask, it's not that difficult to do.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

He had that look in his eyes a lot throughout his life. Go back through his pictures over his lifetime and it's almost always there. I always thought he acted wild and crazy not because he was a super happy guy but that it was a whole lot better than crying.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sheriff's Report Details Robin Williams' Suicide

It was not apparent suicide. This absolutely confirms that he did, in fact, absolute kill himself. It also indicates that this was not an impulse based on the cuts on his wrist. When one failed, he tried another. He had that chance of perceiving the failure of the first as being a sign of continuing living. He opted out. He was determined.
edit on 12/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I can't think of a single celebrity that I have more respect for or whose death would affect me like Robin Williams.

I hope he has found peace.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I feel/felt a deep connection as I'm going through the same thing...depression along witn ptsd. In fact all the comedians i like had the same problem- Rodney Dangerfield (poor childhood), John Belushi ( drug use to cope) amd Wisconsin homeboy Chris Farley (struggled with weight and drug abuse...apparently when he died, his last words were don't leave me to a prostitute he paid to be friends with him).

Even comedians still with us: Jim Carrey and Stephen Fry have talked openly about tneir struggles. It's hard. Depression sucks, even when treated with medicine. I guess all it comes down to is support to get air while the water pulls you down.

But at least now with Robin gone, there's going to be more open discussions about depresskon in media

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Same. PTSD and depression. I actually attempted suicide while on lithium and very nearly succeeded. I spent a bit in an ICU thoroughly poisoned and being forced to drink charcoal every hour. When I tried refusing it, they told me that they would simply stick the tube that had been down my throat when I finally woke right on back down there again and force it down me that way. I was in one hell of a fury. It took a couple weeks of drinking charcoal to get me to reflect on the choice that I had made. I realized that odds were that stories of what happens after are just that--stories. This is it. My one life and I was going to recklessly let what I thought was going to be have me throw away that one chance I had to live, breathe and experience all the beauty the world had to offer. I became a fighter that day.

I do still feel the drowning sensation from time to time but then I just get angry. I fight and pull myself right on up out of those waters because I will not be beaten. Come what may, I will die when my time comes and not a second sooner. I live my life to the maximum.

That's how I've beaten the beast. Get angry and fight. It's a fight you don't want to lose.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

Definitely not a hoax. He's passed and the coroner says it was a suicide.

How can they rule it a suicide with out an autopsy and the accompanying toxicology tests this fast?

An the best Answer is

Probably because they Found Robin His Belt Around his Neck and The End of it Wedged between the Closet Door and Frame ! the Last Report I heard.. Suicide Sounds Right but Who Knows

Saturday Night Live Curse . Suicide

Another SNL Member for a questionable Suicide is

Charles Rocket

Rocket was found dead in a field near his Connecticut home on October 7, 2005; his throat had been slit. The state medical examiner later ruled the death a suicide. He was 56 years old.[

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Rocket

Drake Sather

Sather died of a gunshot wound to the head on March 3, 2004. His death was ruled a suicide.[1] He had four children with his second wife.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Robin also tried slashing his wrists but it didn't work. That's when he chose the belt.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I retract my earlier conjecture that this was auto erotic asphyxiation. The evidence presented on the evening news indicates he had committed suicide. As sad as his suicide is, I'm glad it wasn't auto erotic related.

I still wonder why he wasn't on some kind of a suicide watch if he was so depressed. Maybe he has threatened or attempted suicide a number of times and his closest relatives and friends didn't react to the signs. Truly sad at his passing and I wish I had been there to talk him down, as impossible as that would be because I never even met him. I think he would have found he had something to live for if someone had been there for him.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
My guess, it is because of the three wives, that decided to take everything from this poor guy, that did him in. His third wife, did not stay in the same bedroom as him. That is not a marraige. Plus, his show cancelled. I would be depressed too. They sucked him dry and used him. He was almost bankrupt. I am still in shock and awe from this. He stopped coc aine cold turkey after John died because his son Cody, I believe, was born, one of the children. So, that is not the reason. It's his choice of women, that did this poor guy in.

Still sad. RIP. RW.

I have the upmost respect for Tom Hanks wife after her comment. She knew him in the 80's.

Still sad.
edit on 12-8-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

Your statement deserves it's own thread. I've known a number of suicidal people and relationships were always involved. It makes me think sometimes that the males of our species have more affection and passion for the females than the other way around. It's probably evenly matched though, but I don't know any gold digging males that married for money.

Too many selfish people out there and not enough real affection in relationships these days at any rate.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

My ex husband was routinely called a gold digger by certain people within the family business. Was pretty insulting to me, I thought, because it seemed to imply that my own person wasn't attractive enough to want to marry me. They assumed that, because I had a chronic illness, I wasn't marriage material apparently. Couple of busy body idiots and when my ex-husband and I divorced, he didn't ask for a single penny and I got the house.

So yes, men do get accused of being gold diggers based on my experience and they definitely do exist. Happens a lot with celebrity women and older wealthy women in their 50's. Heck, literature is filled with cases where an enterprising young man with noble lineage but empty pockets is pushed towards a wealthy woman for marriage to rescue the family estate.

Here's a few potential ones from a scandal rag: madamenoire.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: Wolfenz

Robin also tried slashing his wrists but it didn't work. That's when he chose the belt.

Correct ! Ive Read that too...

sad a Man that even Helped Saved lives from Depression and Helped People with Depression...

For example after Actor ( Superman ) Christopher Reeves Tragic Accident Robin Williams Disguised himself as a Doctor Did things like what Doctors Normally do Disguised his Voice had a Face mask On and rubber gloves and Scrubs .. Did wise Cracks to Reeves and made Reeves Laugh! fir the First time after the Accident ! and Finally Revealed Himself to his Best Friend Christopher Reeves ! .. let alone did the Homeless Charity Funding thing with Whoopie Goldberg and Billy Crystal with Homeless Depression... lowest of the lows! and DID Patch Adams a Movie that Cured or Relived the Sick with Laughter ... including People that had Mental Depression

But for the Most Disturbing Movie is a Movie Called ( What Dreams may Come ) .. Played ( Williams ) a Man that Died and is in Limbo/ Heaven Trying to Get his Wife into Heaven from Hell as His Wife Commit Suicide ! after a tragic Auto Accident that Caused the Death of Her Husband and Children

Chris Neilson dies to find himself in a heaven more amazing than he could have ever dreamed of. There is one thing missing: his wife. After he dies, his wife, Annie killed herself and went to hell. Chris decides to risk eternity in hades for the small chance that he will be able to bring her back to heaven.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I have never cried over a celebrity's death, like I cried when Robin committed suicide.

Multiple sources at the time said he was deeply in debt due to greedy wives, and had run out of friends to borrow from. (Hindsight is always "100% brilliant," but I wish one of these loaning-friends would have instead paid for a good lawyer to rewrite his divorce decrees.) He also had early-stage Parkinson's, which meant he knew he only had a short time left to perform and make money to feed those gobbling "alimony machines".

"Divorce is expensive. I used to joke they were going to call it 'all the money,' but they changed it to 'alimony.' It's ripping your heart out through your wallet." Robin Williams (from BrainyQuote)

But the media is now bending over backwards to blame his suicide on an evermore convoluted "legal" chemical stew, (since it just came out he had NO illegal drugs or alcohol in his system upon death). Nothing about how frantic he was over his mounting debts. Instead, we are now being treated to "a chemical focus" to "rehabilitate" the view of his wives in the eyes of the suspicious public.

Original reports said his current wife had gotten up that morning in a separate bedroom and left the house. And Sheriff's reports stated that Robin's assistant had found his body a few hours later. Now the "finder story" has morph'd to say that his current wife had really found the body:

www.newser.com...
DEMENTIA-LINKED HALLUCINATIONS "REALLY" DROVE ROBIN WILLIAMS TO SUICIDE

No! It were those holes in his heart, finances and future!

"I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone." Robin Williams (BrainyQuote)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join