It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robin Williams Dies of Suspected Suicide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm shocked, this really blows. He was always one of my favorites. Godspeed Robin.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Very Sorry to hear this. Thanks for the laughs Robin.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Remember to make as many jokes as you can about this situation, Robin would have appreciated them.
If it makes people laugh, it can't be all that bad.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Just heard the news at work, I am in shock and awe.
RIP ROBIN!

Looks like he was on the show "The Crazy Ones" and it looks like that show has been cancelled. That may be a possibility of why he committed suicide, or triggered him to go back into depression.

Wow. Still in shock. I never would have thought Robin of all celebrities would commit suicide. So sad.

edit on 11-8-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm really saddened to hear this news...

I can't help but think his pal Christopher Reeves has greeted him in his new life...

RIP Mr. Williams

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Was super sad when my Mom told me about this. I had heard he was depressed lately (which he has suffered with in the past) but to hear he possibly committed suicide is heartbreaking.

Another legendary man gone before his time.

They were just getting ready to make Mrs. Doubtfire 2

edit on 11-8-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just take a look at all of the comedians who have taken their lives, or died young due to reckless self abuse.
I'm not claiming a pattern, but Robin was funny as hell, maybe a prime target for reality poisoning.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Just take a look at all of the comedians who have taken their lives, or died young due to reckless self abuse.
I'm not claiming a pattern, but Robin was funny as hell, maybe a prime target for reality poisoning.

I agree. July 31 he sent his daughter a Happy Birthday tweet. Doesn't sound like a depressed person. He would have not tweeted that. It is now 10 days after that tweet, he showed no signs of a depressed person. I think it is poisoning as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

I don't know.

To me he seems like a very stable person, family man and relatively successful (not A-list money, but still) not someone who would contemplate suicide without being in extreme circumstances. But of course a persons mind can be their own worst enemy regardless of perspective from outsiders. So I'm not going to judge him for his decision, I'm just going to say it's a shame and quite shocking tbh.

Also if someone as stable and happy looking (to the world at least) it sends a big message about suicide in general about ppl contemplating it, like "if this person had it bad, then I'm certainly justified".

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

Are you serious? You think depression is gonna stop him from wishing his daughter a happy birthday?

My father has a depression. He's had it his whole life thanks to his mother being an alcoholic and drinking while she was pregnant with him. But spending time with him you would never know he had a depression. And his depression would never stop him from wishing his children, family, and friends a happy birthday.

There is no conspiracy here. Robin took his own life, no one else. May he rest in peace.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats
I promise I don't judge, I loved the man and see his loss as a brilliant light extinguished.
I don't think I would have considered him stable though as I have seen waay too much of his stand up.
I think to be a good comedian you have to be a little out there anyway.
Either way he is at peace, and good for him.
This is the one bright thing we get from this loss.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Let me explain something to the majority of you chowderheads thinking this was a conspiracy. Depressed people will ACT happy on the outside to hide the despair we feel on the inside. We are screaming silently while laughing with the rest of you. Just because he sends his daughter a happy birthday tweet does NOT mean hes not depressed.
Do some research on clinical depression, read some interviews from depressed people, they will say the SAME THING.

RIP Robin, you were a great guy, super actor.
My favorite movies of his were:
The Fisher King
What Dreams May Come

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Fine, wont reply because it will haunt me.

edit on 11-8-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Not sure why two threads on it is all that bad so i will repost.

RIP

I ain't never had a friend like him.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well opinions are like... we all have one.

Agree to completely disagree but I will leave you with one question.

What would anyone gain from murdering Robin Williams?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

=

What would anyone gain from murdering Robin Williams?

Gee, I don't know. MONEY

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Actually there were 3. Mine came first and the other 2 not long after just minutes apart, then the others were posted. Not at all surprising when something like this happens.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Money? So you're suggesting his family murdered him for the money they probably already have full access too?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Let the evidence speak for itself.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

What evidence? All you have are assumptions based on zero evidence. The fact is Robin was clinically depressed while also suffering from a bi polar disorder. He recently checked himself into rehab for addiction problems. The evidence says he took his own life.

Please, lets deny ignorance and embrace facts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join