It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robin Williams Dies of Suspected Suicide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Oscar-winning actor and comedian Robin Williams has died at age 63, according to police in Marin County, Calif.
The full statement is below.

On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 a.m, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63-year-old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Division s of the Sheriff’s Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1 call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.
More to come…

I love this man! Suicide? Say it ain't so!!

Rest in peace funny man...

edit on 11-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

As I was reading this it was confirmed on my local radio station.

Kind of bummed now. Rest in Peace Robin.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Suicide?
Really?

Come on, hoax maybe?

X

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Bummer.

He was funny, and everyone could stand to laugh a little more these days.

Some of his best stuff.
Golf:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

A funny man once said "keep em laughing so they wont notice your tears".

Many comedians wrestle with depression.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

Definitely not a hoax. He's passed and the coroner says it was a suicide.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
And another one goes to the great beyond. The world just got less funny, RIP Robin.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
O hoax...a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom
No hoax...

RIP Robin...

You have made me laugh with your life and a bit sad in your death..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What? Weren't expecting this one.

'Good Morning Vietnam'

'Good Night Mr. Williams'

Oh, well. Another one bites the dust!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

"At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made."

Dang, one of the best actors of all time IMO.
edit on 11-8-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Man... I loved Robin Williams. He was a comedic genius. And it's a great loss. I know from living with it myself and from many other comedians who have come forth that many of them suffer with extreme depression. They cover it up very well with making people laugh so nobody quite notices the sadness that is always in the eyes.

My condolences to his family and friends. I will miss him myself.
edit on 8/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Oh no, awful news. He was a funny, funny guy. I can't believe he's gone, he's like an institution. I know lots of times comedians suffer from depression, but I wouldn't have thought he did. Just seemed like he had fun doing it.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Bye Mork from Ork

Nanu Nanu
edit on 11-8-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

link   

"Reality, what a concept"

link   

Apparently he suffered from severe depression. As someone who also suffers from this horrible ailment, I can tell you that often times, suicide seems like the only way to stop the suffering. That being said, as someone who has kicked any and ALL depression medications, I truly believe that these drugs could be the reason he actually did this. I hate to think what would have happened to me had I kept on taking that medically prescribed poison I was taking. These medications have also been linked to many, many mass shootings as well. Very dangerous. RIP Mr. Williams

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Too sad, he seemed like a very nice person.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Oh god...i normally don't cry at celeb deaths, and i may put too much rum in my Rhianna dreamsicle, but holy macaroni are the tears coming down. Robin is one of my idols and i adored him as Genie in Aladdin and Mork from Ork. He also did a fantastic performance in Death to Smoochy amd his comedy...

Excuse me i need a moment...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Definitely not a hoax. He's passed and the coroner says it was a suicide.

How can they rule it a suicide with out an autopsy and the accompanying toxicology tests this fast?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
May you have a pleasant journey.

Thanks for the laughs....

Rest in peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Rest in peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join