It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawless Attempt to Stop Arrest of Illegal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Sunday in Tucson AZ, an illegal immigrant with no drivers license was pulled over for a routine traffic stop over an illegal right turn.

However, that traffic stop led to police and Border Patrol officers being swarmed by a spontaneous protest.

Lawless Attempt to Stop Arrest of Illegal

-
NO Driver's License ... AND obviously NO Insurance!

THEN

A "Lawless Attempt to Stop The Arrest of Illegal" ???

-
OPINION: American Citizens ARE Being ... ATTACKED!

( i.e. this "illegal" was a "threat to public safety" )

edit on 11-8-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I hate cops but I hate loud pushy outlanders even more. This would have been an appropriate use of riot police.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Where's police brutality when you need it? I hope we see at the very least obstruction charges. If it was in my power I would deport every single one of those protesters.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Putting up with crap like this, day after day after day. And people wonder why LEOs are snapping? They're only human after all.

I know I could never be a LEO, which is a good thing for every one, as I'm not wired to take abuse on a daily basis and just blow it off.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Illegals always seem to be above the law. I'm not at all surprised that they weren't arrested.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This isn't the first time people in Tucson have protested over this issue.

Tucson Police officers pepper sprayed a crowd after a protest against Border Patrol agents.

Officers with TPD confirmed with KGUN9 that a routine traffic stop was performed at 22nd Street and 10th Avenue Tuesday night after officers noticed a vehicle with a license plate light that was out.

While the officer was talking with the driver and passenger, they told the officer they did not have any identification, or driver's licenses.

The officer then learned that the two were undocumented immigrants.

Source
edit on 8/11/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You don't know they didn't have insurance, cause they very well could have. No license does not equal no insurance.
You can easily get it with out a license, I have done it

I agree the protestors were out of line for crawling under the cars but well within their right to protest as long as they don't get physical with the cops. And I didn't see any thing to that nature or read about it in the article.

And please with the american citizens are being are being attack cause the man was driving down the road.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Illegals always seem to be above the law. I'm not at all surprised that they weren't arrested.

So the illegal did get arrested but he is above the law??
Or are you assuming that everyone protesting was illegal ?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
The moment they interfered with the arrest they became criminals, I hope they get a "hanging judge".

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh right that pesky first amendment, bane and crutch of xenophobes everywhere.

So when y'all gonna try and pass the repeal of that damn amendment so that these protesters get the beating as one poster put it, by riot cops, y'all seem to think they deserve.

Now what I want to know is was the driver profiled?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
The moment they interfered with the arrest they became criminals, I hope they get a "hanging judge".

Protesting is not interfering, I hope that is not what you are getting at.
I agree those that crawled under did interfere tho.
And to bad the cops, you know the ones that were there didn't think they needed to be arrested.
Cause in reality it was still a form of protest, a non violent one as well

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80 Crawling under the cars was. Guess they're lucky TS wasn't driving.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I just read where it said the guy was stopped. I didn't know he was arrested. Been kind of kind of speed reading through the threads trying to catch up.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I will tell you from personal experience in California they drive without insurance. When I had my crew working on construction sites and I was there, many times there would be an accident at the corner we were working on and they would jump from the car and start running. It didn't matter the condition of the the other driver, fire, nothing they could have cared less. I always sent my guy after them, and held them for the police. Let everyone argue that, I was there it still goes on, and so do the intentional crashes they cause to be able to sue. It has gotten so bad many companies don't have signs on the side of their trucks anymore because of it. Been there done that worn the T-Shirt inside out and moved to VA to get away from it. Now they are starting to appear here. The construction guys are already complaining about it. There is no where to hide from this stupid policy of no border control.
edit on 11-8-2014 by MarlinGrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well... I am not going to get into a whole immigration debate but I do want to point out a few things...

First- did anyone notice, in both examples linked in this thread, that what these immigrants were pulled over for is pretty lame? Potentially bogus?

1. Improper right turn. How many times have we seen this used as an excuse to pull someone over? Think carefully about the actual charge. How hard it is to turn right? Did he fail to signal by 300 feet prior to the turn and instead signaled at 10 feet?

2. License plate light out. Is this really a danger to anyone? Is it a danger to other drivers? Again, this is such a bullcrap excuse to pull someone over much less give them a ticket for. I have had it happen to me a few times, and I can honestly say that this was an excuse used to pull me over because the cop was simply suspicious of me for whatever made up reason he had in his head.

As far as being an issue of being a threat to public safety because the driver had no license, no insurance etc... I can honestly say, that idea is beyond stupid.

There are millions of citizens who drive on the roads who have no insurance, no license. They get to where they have to go with no issues at all. They are not a threat to public safety. Some may have a license, but no insurance. Others have insurance, but no license. The way the DMV suspends drivers license's it should not come as a shock. I myself drive with no insurance and no license and I have for 10 years. Why? I cant get insurance cause I have no license. My license is suspended in another State for reasons they admit are a mistake, but I have to pay the fines anyway. Plus, this State wants me to take a class I have already taken and paid for a second time over, at my expense. Total cost of fines and class? $1500.00 and I simply can not afford it. It has also been my experience that drivers who are not legal to drive, actually drive more carefully than people who are legal to drive. The reason for it is simple, illegal drivers dont want to get pulled over. So they do the speed limit. They use their signal. They come to complete stops at a stop sign and count to 3 before moving. They are usually in no big hurry and piss off all those legal drivers who are usually speeding, switching lanes at the last second without signaling, slowing down and rolling through the stop sign instead of stopping, who drive like complete selfish pricks who think they own the road and you need to get out of their way.

So pardon me if I laugh hysterically at your whole "threat to public safety" argument.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

You see where I said that I agree with you there??
And obviously the cops didn't think it was very illegal as they didn't arrest them.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I just read where it said the guy was stopped. I didn't know he was arrested. Been kind of kind of speed reading through the threads trying to catch up.

Well at least you admit your mistake.
But ya maybe go off more then just the headline and the section quoted

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Sremmos80 Crawling under the cars was. Guess they're lucky TS wasn't driving.

Crawling under the car was not interfering with the arrest. At the point protesters were under the car, the man had already been arrested and taken from the scene according to the video.

That being said, the whole point of a protest is civil disobedience. It is to be a big pain in the ass of the system. Think back to the countless sit ins during the 60's. Do they sit at some field where they did not disturbed others? Or did they shut down downtown Birmingham causing traffic issues, crowd control issues and general chaos?

I'm not getting into the immigration part of this debate, but I certainly will not condemn people for demonstrating a right, and remember rights come from God not Country or Citizenship, that Americans have seemed to forget they even have much less how to properly use it.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The cops didn't arrest the protesters in order to diffuse the situation, that's not to say they don't issue a warrant and arrest them later away from prying eyes.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal Crawling under a law enforcement car is very illegal. Felony interference with an emergency vehicle and obstruction of justice, just to start. Then resisting arrest and maybe an unlawful assembly charge to boot. Luckily these cops used their heads and diffused the situation, that is a lot different than them not breaking the law.
Like I said these arrests may still come later.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join