It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana State Passes Law to Legalize Shooting Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Indiana !! sheesh you almost gave me a heart attack , thought it was a state down here

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If law like this would have pass all around the country, or in Indiana case, wonder how that will change crime rate.

First of all, if you consider police overuse of force, just imagine how much more abuse you might have if they feel threatened all the time.

Secondly, how would you find new candidate for police force, how many people would take a job knowing that 3 people doing something wrong can always justify killing cop as defense or to prevent cop's abuse?!

Lastly, with less cops, or cops becoming more aggressive, what will happen with crime rate?!

This is just ol' "wild west" thinking, and we see more and more evidence that not everyone should have a gun... but that does not work well with those trying to sell everyone gun, does it? It is billions dollar industry with strong lobby....

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I don't foresee this happening. Someone will always have them. If the law-abiding give up theirs, the criminals and criminals (read, criminals and gov't) will have theirs and will force their will upon the unarmed, as they will have the clear advantage of force.

Take a look at what's happening in 'gun-free' zones, police brutality....need more be said or shown?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Its time for EVERYONE to put ALL the weapons down! Enough!

Its time for people with a power trip to put down the weapon!

everyone else is fine!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
"“If I pull over a car and I walk up to it and the guy shoots me, he’s going to say, ‘Well, he was trying to illegally enter my property,’ ” said Joseph Hubbard, 40, president of Jeffersonville Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 100."

The Fraternal Order of Police are linked with Free Masonry.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
But i have a question, i've always wondered, is your car considered private property? is it legal for cops to take you out of your car without a warrant or am i just seeing too much tv? I mean people almost always cooperate, but, could people argument that their cars are an extension of their homes property wise???

and...IF the bill passes and a cop illegaly enters your home, is there any repercutions like a trial even though it was illegal entry?

Im sorry i dont know much about laws and it would be helpful to others if anyone knows what to do... THANKS!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
If law like this would have pass all around the country, or in Indiana case, wonder how that will change crime rate.

First of all, if you consider police overuse of force, just imagine how much more abuse you might have if they feel threatened all the time.

Secondly, how would you find new candidate for police force, how many people would take a job knowing that 3 people doing something wrong can always justify killing cop as defense or to prevent cop's abuse?!

Lastly, with less cops, or cops becoming more aggressive, what will happen with crime rate?!

This is just ol' "wild west" thinking, and we see more and more evidence that not everyone should have a gun... but that does not work well with those trying to sell everyone gun, does it? It is billions dollar industry with strong lobby....

Laws exist as a deterrent, both laws that prohibit and allow certain activities (same thing, just written a different way). This law does NOT just open up "ol 'wild west thinking," as you claim, but what it does is remind cops that there is no grey area anymore--you keep skirting personal-property laws, warrants and making avoidable mistakes, it may just cost you your life. Be better cops--that's what this law says to me.

You act like, now that this law exists, every homeowner or vehicle owner in Indiana is rushing out to grab guns and installing little openings on the door like armored money trucks have so that they can just stick the barrel out of the opening and shoot any cop that approaches them. Stop with your crap that most gun owners are trigger happy--legal gun owners are more responsible with thier weapons than you are with your suppositions.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ladykhyra

Yes, in many (if not most or all) states, personal vehicles are considered a dwelling when you are inside and fall under castle laws (if they exist).

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't believe LEO are properly trained. If you consider all the people in the community with serious or even everyday behavioral health issues. The average LEO is not equipped to recognize and properly (legally and humanly) handle even a simple anxiety attack.

Until working with the public that's actually here is part of the regular training, the public will continue to hate and fear LEO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join