It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana State Passes Law to Legalize Shooting Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

All too often, we see examples of cops breaking into the wrong house and shooting the family dog, or worse, killing a member of the family.

Well, Indiana has taken action to “recognize the unique character of a citizen’s home and to ensure that a citizen feels secure in his or her own home against unlawful intrusion by another individual or a public servant.”

This special amendment is no revolutionary new thought, only common sense.

Bill: www.in.gov...
Article: thefreethoughtproject.com...

The first case of a police officer being killed at the hands of an unlawful entry, maybe what America needs?, will be blast on MSM day in and out... and well, maybe rightfully so?

I cannot complain for the Police in my city of Calgary have the highest approval rating in North America at 97%, but all these cases of police brutality from homeless being shot and men choked out to death, tasered in peoples own homes due to wrong address on search warrant is rather scary. There was a story last year in Calgary about a US Cop who went to the media in Canada and USA because he didn't feel safe without his gun, when he was confronted by Natives asking him if he was here for Stampede, and he wanted to be able to bring it with him next time.. ugghh the mentality.

Anyways, call me a victim of too much tv or youtube, or whatever, but I am actually kind of fearful to go US incase something happens, or I get brought into something.. and who knows, maybe I left my ID at hotel. Chances are I'd be locked up until the embassy could deal with it.. or just something else so benign lol
edit on 11-8-2014 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Aug 12 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: changed "Indian" to "Indiana" in title

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

they really hate it when their privileged status is threatened

Of course cops have already begun to fear monger the passage of this bill, “If I pull over a car and I walk up to it and the guy shoots me, he’s going to say, ‘Well, he was trying to illegally enter my property,’ ” said Joseph Hubbard, 40, president of Jeffersonville Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 100. “Somebody is going get away with killing a cop because of this law.”
Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

as opposed to the usual cops getting away with murder?

congrats you're my 1st F&S
[SNIP]

[ooops seems i can't flag till i've gotten my 20 in
i owe you a flag]
edit on 11-8-2014 by Lestranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/11/2014 by kosmicjack because: snipped ot content

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Its time for EVERYONE to put ALL the weapons down! Enough!
edit on 11-8-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: Recap and readjust

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Has this bill definitely been passed?
The link points to a page with this identity;www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2012/SE/SE0001.1.html
The first thing I note is the date 2012. The page itself confirms that it relates to the 2012 session (so why hasn't it been in the news before?)
Also it is included among "bills"; to me, this implies an act which is being proposed (in 2012) rather than one which has been passed.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
All i gotta say is... Drastic times...... Call for Drastic Measures...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
No idea if it had passed but if it did,
looks like Indiana won't be having too many "no knock" raids

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It is a bill from 2012, I wonder what happened with it. Nothing on the link says if it got accepted or denied.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

This is the simple answer but unfortunately you can never have everyone put the weapons downs and if you have one side put them down and another side keep them then that doesn't work .
And I don't mean 'law abiding' v 'criminal', cause there would be some from both sides that would not give up the firearms.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

please correct your title, i thought you were talking about india (the country). you would get many more hits if it said indiana. that is, if this turns out to be true. would love to see this law passed everywhere, i have been harassed enough by crooked cops and would love to get away with sending them where they belong.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Looks like its legit
link

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think the best part of this law is the clause that you can stop an officer from acting unlawfully from a bystanders position.

(i) A person is justified in using reasonable force against a public servant if the person reasonably believes the force is necessary to: (1) protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force; (2) prevent or terminate the public servant's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle; or

From op source

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well, thats the way its been in the uk for many years, and now the police are starting to roam are streets wearing guns!

So, no guns rule = guns only for the police.
edit on 11-8-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

originally posted by: fixitwcw

please correct your title, i thought you were talking about india (the country). you would get many more hits if it said indiana. that is, if this turns out to be true. would love to see this law passed everywhere, i have been harassed enough by crooked cops and would love to get away with sending them where they belong.

Please this.

First I thought it was about the country of India. Then I saw something about Canada and thought it was about Native Indians/Canadians on reservations.

But wow, the only time that a Bill like this passes is when the actual representatives think that THEY might be affected. I guess they're as concerned as we are about our increasingly militarized and violent police force.

Kind of like the SCOTUS ruling that a warrant is needed to search a cell phone. They were worried about their own privacy, not ours.

To be honest, a Bill like this shouldn't be needed.

Our right of self protection, to be safe in our person, in our homes, isn't suspended simply because its a cop whos infringing on those rights.

Not sure how, when or why that changed...

edit on 11-8-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Well, thats the way its been in the uk for many years, and now the police are starting to roam are streets wearing guns!

So, no guns rule = guns only for the police.

Yes very true, bristol is full of armed police driving around in there blacked out bmw x5s and range rovers

And they say there broke lol it's a joke

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lestranger

“If I pull over a car and I walk up to it and the guy shoots me, he’s going to say, ‘Well, he was trying to illegally enter my property,’ ”

Yup.

Not unlike the many instances cops have used this same tactic to justify their murders.

We should have the same rights.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If true, Imo, the reason it hasn't been news is they simply tried/wanted to keep it hushed. Imagine how many cops would have been shot since 2012. Its for the courts to know not the people. Only reason I can think of anyway.

Edit to add : I'm saying its for the courts in their minds not mine.
edit on 0631Mon, 11 Aug 2014 19:14:06 -0500142014-08-11T19:14:06-05:003106u08 by Strictsum because: Add

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Old news they passed this law back in February. Still good news for innocent civilians.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Yeah that will happen. Lol, seriously how can you be this naive.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
a reply to: Lestranger

“If I pull over a car and I walk up to it and the guy shoots me, he’s going to say, ‘Well, he was trying to illegally enter my property,’ ”

Yup.

Not unlike the many instances cops have used this same tactic to justify their murders.

We should have the same rights.

Peace

yup

"after he nearly ran me over, he got out of the patrol car, and he came roaring at me, all red in the face, and was going for a gun, and I was in fear of my life, so I shot him, your honor..."

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Keep cameras at your home and defend it from all criminals.
I was not aware someone had to write a law for me to exercise my rights.
I don't care which costume you wear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join