It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't there a kill switch on vehicles?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hi,

There’s a show on tv called “Bait Car”, it’s about a program various police organizations use to capture car thieves. After some ‘innocent’ person drives away in a “bait car” the police are able to remotely disable the vehicle. They just shut it off and lock the doors. (The person is typically screwed.)

Why doesn’t the United States Military install a similar device in the vehicles they leave behind?

I think the technology is available I’m not positive but…..

Seriously if they had the option to disable all of the vehicles we left behind after we left Iraq then it wouldn’t be such a huge issue today.
Just think we could remotely kill all vehicles we left.

What would ISIS do if they couldn’t drive the tank?

edit on 11-8-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

You know, minus, that is one very good question.
For that matter why not just put a bullet through the block?

link   
There is a device developed for police that can blow all of the solid state ignition controls in a car. It is a pad that they throw down on the road like they would do with a spike strip to flatten your tires. It delivers a small EMP to the area immediately above it and the car stops running.

BBC News The one at this link is not the pad one that I had read about before. It has a range of 164 feet.

edit on bu312014-08-11T15:02:37-05:0003America/ChicagoMon, 11 Aug 2014 15:02:37 -05003u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

link   
That sounds really safe for the driver and all innocent other cars that have to deal with a suddenly stopping vehicle. I am sure nobody could ever get hurt in such a stunt. /end sarcasm

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Because others would eventually have the ability to shut down their vehicles.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Using leftover US hardware is part of the plan. Notice how they were instantly trained and marching in formation? LOL

I hear Hillary Clinton talking about ISIL now asserting Obama's "mistakes". bigger LOL

They just need something to take people's mind off the illegal surveillance state during the 2016 election cycle.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Laser EMP mounted drones do they exist?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Seems to me we should be taking that expensive equipment back with us when we leave. I suppose it is the taxpayers money, they don't care.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Lol, irony.

On my oldest car, that wouldn't even be noticed.

On my newest, I would be dead, everything, suspension, brakes, throttle, steering are all electronically controlled...and the description says that the electronics behaved erratically...not just shut down.

Does erratically mean that I am now at WOT with no steering or brakes,while my suspension pushes and retracts all over the place?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
They just need something to take people's mind off the illegal surveillance state during the 2016 election cycle.

Using leftover US hardware is part of the plan. Notice how they were instantly trained and marching in formation?

Good point. They have been trained.

Could this be an honest 2 goodness full blown conspiracy?!??

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420
From the BBC link that I posted:

As the vehicle entered the range of the RF Safe-stop, its dashboard warning lights and dials behaved erratically, the engine stopped and the car rolled gently to a halt. Digital audio and video recording devices in the vehicle were also affected.

It stops the engine.
As you said, old cars would get through unscathed.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Cool.

thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Perhaps these vehicles were left there for this very reason. I mean after all, IF, ISIS is a CIA run rebel group, like many people theorize, that would make sense.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Perhaps these vehicles were left there for this very reason. I mean after all, IF, ISIS is a CIA run rebel group, like many people theorize, that would make sense.

Sure it would make sense.

It would make sense to install a kill switch.

My point is......you decide.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Seems to me we should be taking that expensive equipment back with us when we leave. I suppose it is the taxpayers money, they don't care.

Most of that equipment had it's toll taken on it by the conditions there, for which a lot of it wasn't all that well-suited to beging with. It would have cost us more to transport it that it's worth.

As for a kill switch for it? Some was left for the Iraqi military and law enforcement, and some should we need it in Afghanistan or other areas of that region again.

What's the issue here?

As for kill switches law enforcement uses, why did you put "innocent" in quotes? I'm confused.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I think you missed my point. The US/CIA WANTED these vehicles to be used by this "rebel" group, THAT is perhaps why they would/did/will not put a kill switch on these vehicles.
edit on 11-8-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Why don't they have kill-switches on people-. . . ooooh!

Cool idea for a thread!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
We all need to develop the kill switch to our minds.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
For left behind military equipment, you don't think they could just remove the kill switch? Replace a few modules and your back in business. It will take a lot more than that to demilitarize equipment.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Something like this would be found after the first one and de-installed. They should drop a grenade on the engine and call it a day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join