It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How (un)popular Putin is really in Russia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000hhow can you not see that putins in the right and the russians are free they have been in the uk for years free to move about europe and the world,dont be misled ,ive got drunk with russians here in the uk,there not opressed,your still thinking russia is in the cold war times...deny ignorance

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Again, misleading. During the takeover that base, not one soldier got killed.

What's misleading?

When armed soldiers go onto another countries land and take over buildings and bases that is a military action, nobody has to be killed for a military action to take place.

And also, there was a vote in Crimea to join Russia. Again, not a single dead person.

Ah yes the farce of a vote...not a good one to use trying to make your point.

And what is it with you and not one person was killed, what does that have to do with anything?

Then, the Russian military men retreated, and then the Ukraine got their Nazi government and then they went into crusade against Russian civilians with a couple of Russian soldiers that came there on their own will to help protect innocent people against raging Ukrainian army.

Wow what conflict have you been watching?

The Ukraine did nothing to the Russian civilians as that was a lie by Putin to justify his invasion. Also know the UN has asked Putin to provide proof of his assertion and guess what he couldn't produce said evidence.

And those couple of Russian soldiers didn't retreat they just moved to the south and east to kick off troubles there. And there were more than just a couple of soldiers.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

how can you not see that putins in the right and the russians are free they have been in the uk for years free to move about europe and the world,dont be misled ,ive got drunk with russians here in the uk,there not opressed,your still thinking russia is in the cold war times...deny ignorance

How is Putin in the right?

I didn't say anything about them not traveling, but in Russia they have few freedoms compared to those who live elsewhere...except China and NK.

Of course those in the UK aren't oppressed, but in Russia things aren't like they are in the UK. I don't think Russia is in the cold war, but under Putin that is where they are headed.

Freedoms are being taken away at a fast pace, such as the media being taken over by the state and his laws concerning the internet shows he is repressing the citizens and god forbid you are a gay man or women in Russia.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h so our freedoms are being taken away to, uk internet providers all block sites now,,they also slow torrents down,uk media is controlled to ,the illusion of democracy here and in the u.s.a.
we are all opressed and its time we stood shoulder to shoulder to take down our fake democracies of war!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I wouldn't bother. Trying to discuss things with people who's minds are as closed as these is like banging your head against a brick wall. They are completely taken in by Putin's propaganda.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: iskander683
more like your completely taken in by obama and eu illusion of democrazy,fact is the petrodollar serves only america its an outdated model of economy that needs to go,and it will go.....
why do americans see russia as this evil state,why are you all deluded into thinking your way is right....
1)why make the uk buy oil in petrodollars our economy and pound is worth nearly twice your dollar,i believe we could get a better price from the russians new setup and avoid using the dollar completely...
2)in the uk our laws are now overiden by the eu how is this a democrazy,fact is its a dictatorship to ,dont believe the hype

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Different kinds of oppression are the world over, of course you can pick your kind, like the one you have running around in your head, the one that tells you , that you are free.

Free to decide which level of garbage most suits you,

Consider this carefully,

No Choices Exist in Freedom.

And you can all TRY to get over the fact that the hate is dropping for others around the world, WE LOVE EVERYBODY, and not a dam thing you can do about it !!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Read my post again. I said nothing good ever comes out from western DEMOCRACY. Were i wrong? I mean just look at the countries that received "help" from US and NATO. Look at Serbia, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Lybia, shall I continue or do you get my point now?

I look over at Germany, Berlin Wall gone.
How about Poland, out of the Iron Curtain and into the Free World.
All of them formerly repressed Iron Curtain satellites seem to choose Freedom over Russia's Iron boot. Ukraine would be gone to the EU if it wasn't for Putin's meddling. It most likely will end up as a Western Democracy by the will of it's people given enough time. The days of Soviet domination are over, people want open societies.

All them countries you listed are plagued by this little thing called radical Islam bent on enforcing Shiria Law with a rusty sword.

Poland is now in the hands of sheer lunacy, and the economy is as bad as since WW2, in fact much of the country that can see BEYOND the total Mainstream media policies of fear about "BIG BAD RUSSIA", are actually realizing that they more they listen to America, and adopt its style, the worse off they become!

Those people were happier, had more, of EVERYTHING IN GENERAL, but the Grass is Always Greener Right.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

wow, you just can"t seem to hold your hate for the Russians back eh, give me a break, every Ukraine/Russia thread you spew the same old nonsense, do you have proof that putins lyin, do you have proof the Russian people don't like him, funny my Russian neighbor tells me a different story, her and her husband have family still in Russia, they think people like you are bonkers and that your fed nothing but propaganda from western media, so far I tend to agree, and yes I have read every thread on Ukraine Crisis to see this with my own eyes.

Why don't you and your anti-Russian shills start a thread on Why you hate Russian People in General- then you wont waste other peoples time with your bs.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Luckily there's this thing called the Internet where you can find anything you want. Unless that evil Putin isn't controlling the Internet also!?!?!?!

He is .....

www.themoscowtimes.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

so our freedoms are being taken away to, uk internet providers all block sites now,,they also slow torrents down,uk media is controlled to ,the illusion of democracy here and in the u.s.a.

So I have to ask...

Do you have the freedom to decide on who you want to watch for your news, because in Russia they don't.

Also what types of sites are being blocked?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Read my post again. I said nothing good ever comes out from western DEMOCRACY. Were i wrong? I mean just look at the countries that received "help" from US and NATO. Look at Serbia, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Lybia, shall I continue or do you get my point now?

I look over at Germany, Berlin Wall gone.
How about Poland, out of the Iron Curtain and into the Free World.
All of them formerly repressed Iron Curtain satellites seem to choose Freedom over Russia's Iron boot. Ukraine would be gone to the EU if it wasn't for Putin's meddling. It most likely will end up as a Western Democracy by the will of it's people given enough time. The days of Soviet domination are over, people want open societies.

All them countries you listed are plagued by this little thing called radical Islam bent on enforcing Shiria Law with a rusty sword.

Poland is now in the hands of sheer lunacy, and the economy is as bad as since WW2, in fact much of the country that can see BEYOND the total Mainstream media policies of fear about "BIG BAD RUSSIA", are actually realizing that they more they listen to America, and adopt its style, the worse off they become!

Those people were happier, had more, of EVERYTHING IN GENERAL, but the Grass is Always Greener Right.

That is a big cup of Kool-Aid you are offering.

Since communism collapsed in 1989, however, Poland has experienced a remarkable reversal of fortune. After leading the protest movement that toppled the old regime, the trade union Solidarity won democratic elections and initiated aggressive, market-oriented economic reforms. The communist Polish United Workers’ Party turned into the capitalist Democratic Left Alliance, which won elections in 1993 and 1995 and led the country into NATO in 1999. And in 2004, Poland joined the European Union as a full member, cementing its close alliance with Germany, its erstwhile antagonist.

The Polish economy, meanwhile, has grown rapidly for two decades -- at more than four percent per year, the fastest speed in Europe -- and garnered massive investment in its companies and infrastructure. Poland’s is now the sixth-largest economy in the EU. Living standards more than doubled between 1989 and 2012

Source
edit on 12-8-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

On one hand you talk about the people not being able to speak out in Russia and have freedom for their own self determination. The next you are condemning Russia for annexing Crimea when it was the Crimean people who demanded just that.

I hope you are getting paid to come up with this BS. If you are not then you have some serious comprehension issues.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

That is not fair.

Most of the people living in Crimea were of Russian decent, having replaced the Tatars who were ethnically cleansed by Stalin. The "referendum" was held at very short notice with no oppportunity for debate, all Ukrainian media blocked and replaced by Russian media, and pro-Russian militia barricading the streets.

Do you really think that was a fair and open referendum? Would you be happy if your next election are held on the same basis?

And bear in mind that Putin bans all discussion about Siberia having more autonomy ..... Is that something you would be happy about in your country?

edit on 12-8-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Different kinds of oppression are the world over, of course you can pick your kind, like the one you have running around in your head, the one that tells you , that you are free.

And how exactly am I not?

Free to decide which level of garbage most suits you,

And yet you say I am not free...how does that work?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

On one hand you talk about the people not being able to speak out in Russia and have freedom for their own self determination. The next you are condemning Russia for annexing Crimea when it was the Crimean people who demanded just that.

So exactly how many in Crimea demanded that, because the vote in Crimea was a farce and far less actually wanted it.

www.forbes.com... oted-for-annexation/

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I hope you are getting paid to come up with this BS. If you are not then you have some serious comprehension issues.

Sorry but I don't get paid, and my comprehension skills are just fine...are yours?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yes, Russia Today is going to convince me that Putin is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Cuentame una de vaqueros.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

You can't ask and then answer the question using RT.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

They demanded it? Really? Because it kind of seems the were occupied then told to vote. And we all know what happens if you do not vote the way and occupation force wants you to. This would be like Japanese forces sending in occupations forces into the parts of the Kuril Islands that the Soviets took at the end of WW2 and then holding a vote. Which of course would go which ever way the Japanese wanted. So I suppose you would support that as well eh? Other wise your entire argument would hold no water. Kind of like Putins in the East since the locals regected the Russian back rebels leading to thier defeat.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I don't see why not. It's a video not some article or statistic.

Do you think these videos are fake or staged? Is it hard to believe that Putin actually have very big support in Russia?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join