It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask Jesse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Fellow truth seekers,

Today I have 2 different topics that I want your questions and comments on:

1) What are your thoughts on outsourcing? Isn't that what's really responsible for taking jobs away from Americans? Machinist Union to file lawsuit against Spirit over outsourcing

2) Seems like the media favors fear tactics over real solutions. What about the real issues? Will we hear the truth? Conservative media hysteria explodes: Muslims! Ebola! A xenophobic fiasco

Stay tuned for my upcoming shows on the topics and make sure you watch to see if I answer your questions or comments in the show. And always remember, to stay vigilant!
edit on 11-8-2014 by JesseVentura because: fix links

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

What about Iraq? Are you so programmed that you ignore the real problem?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

1) The idea of outsourcing is repeatedly drilled into ALL major business major curriculum these days, It is not something going away. What is really responsible for taking jobs away from americans are drugs/narcotics combined with television driving our society into despair.

2) When has the media ever in history offered a real solution to anything? What was that Einstein said about insanity?
When news stories are essentially mini sketch dramas played out out by troupes of undercover actors on a payroll how could you expect anything good to come from a situation like that?

btw Jesse, what is your real name?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Outsourcing:

I think outsourcing IS the American way. We are the land of finding a cheaper method of producing what we want. It is simple costing analysis. It can never be changed unless the cost of living in the US changes. Simplified, if a US citizen or company can do the same job as an outsourced company then they will have to match the price of that outsourced company or offer something more at the same price to win the deal. The only way to do that is to cut the cost of living in the US.

There are plenty of jobs out there, but many of them do not pay enough to live the way Americans either want to live or can live. There is nothing holding anyone back from starting their own company and making however much they decide to make either.....simple supply and demand here. Come up with something that pays you more.

Firms outside the US hire companies inside the US all the time as well, simply because they are the best at what they do. The fact is that the US has some of the best and brightest in every industry. There are plenty of jobs worldwide out there with a lower cost of living. Companies hire from the US for contract work on a regular basis. It is done the world over.....everyone outsources. I don't get all the hype around it. The companies that outsource are simply pricing their goods/services for a much larger profit and much smaller overhead cost....why wouldn't they?

And no, I don't think that is taking jobs away from Americans. I think many Americans are lazy or don't want to put in the effort to be the best at what they do. Many believe certain jobs are beneath them and feel entitled to more without having the education to do more.

Guess that is about all I have to say.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Outsourcing has been detrimental to the jobs situation in America over the last couple of decades but I think we've seen the tide starting to turn on this. I believe a much bigger concern and one which gets disproportionately less attention, is automation. Unlike with outsourcing, I doubt the robots are going to demand better pay and working conditions so there's virtually no chance of ever seeing jobs lost to automation going back to human beings. Furthermore, with increasingly better AI's, speech recognition, etc, I think we're set to lose tens of millions of service jobs in the next few decades.

As for media fear-mongering: Fear sells and often solutions are boring and unpopular. If we want better news, we're going to have to demand it and we're going to have to pay for it. There's very little news that isn't primarily or entirely supported by advertising revenue. In the dominant model, the advertisers are basically the consumers and the viewers attention is the product.

EDIT:

Here's some information about automation:

Slate - What if technological innovation is a job-killer after all?

Additionally, the Slate article points to a 2012 NY Times op-ed from two MIT researchers that is worth reading:

NY Times - Jobs, Productivity and the Great Decoupling

As the jaws of the snake opened, wages suffered even more than job growth. Adjusted for inflation, the average U.S. household now has lower income than it did in 1997. Wages as a share of G.D.P. are now at an all-time low, even as corporate profits are at an all-time high. The implicit bargain that gave workers a steady share of the productivity gains has unraveled.

edit on 2014-8-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Outsourcing was one of the business strategies employed in a greater global corporate plan. Now we're at the foreign worker import part of wherever that plan is intended to lead us all. I had reason to drop into a place yesterday that only had foreign workers from Nicaragua and Honduras, and there is no way in hell that I will believe they could not find locals to do that work. The place was centrally located, on many bus routes and the tips would be great. I am way up in Canada, Jessie, and part of the business strategy seems to be to invest in a property and oblige to workers to live in that apartment or house. So the corporation gets added revenue, etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Seems Obama called ISIS/Islamic State the JV league terrorists, and even the Dems are turning hawkish against his policies. His foreign policy basically amounts to don't interfere with his golf schedule and big money donation plate fundraisers.

The pot is stirred and heads are rolling literally so no going back to isolationism. How does this effect your stance of being Libertarian on foreign policy Jesse?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

1) What are your thoughts on outsourcing? Isn't that what's really responsible for taking jobs away from Americans?

In some areas of the workforce yes outsourcing is taking American jobs. Not long ago when I worked at on of the big tech companies they outsourced our department to China, then India. Out of about 400 employees only around 30 of us survived the shift. I kept my job but to this day I still don't really feel all that lucky.

Had one of the VP's look me right in the eye and tell me they didn't care as it would save them money. Outsourcing is evil IMO.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

how irritating is it that you can't just answer the bloke. if this were my site i'd ban your a$$.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

Jesse is the one asking the questions here, please contribute.

---On topic----

1) I don't like outsourcing one bit. I can see how it helps developing countries, but at the same time my dad (who is in the computer department), has had so much trouble getting laid off because of outsourcing that he had to become a contractor and get paid a lot less then what he was making. We use to live in a house, now we're stuck in a 2 bedroom little condo.

2) Fear is powerful when you want to control masses. All the things we have been seeing in the news serves to show that everything is falling apart. How bad? I'm not totally sure because I don't trust the media. You never really know what the truth is these days because there's always people out there spinning it to their advantage.

Thank you for your time Mr. Ventura.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyteeny

how irritating is it that you can't just answer the bloke. if this were my site i'd ban your a$$.

Out of line much?
He clearly stated listen to his shows, he may answer questions or comments as part of the shows.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

My question on outsourcing is; what is the root cause of it? what are ALL the factors involved in making the decision to outsource? and would it be a good idea to implement some sort of penalty against companies that decide to outsource jobs?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hi Jesse,

You asked for comments so here goes.

I'm in the UK but I think that our experience of outsourcing in some areas can be a lesson to all.

I work for a huge financial institution and the majority of our contact centres are abroad. Do the customers like it? No - they hate it. Do the staff like it? No - they know it causes them to lose jobs. and they get frustrated clearing up the mess that some offshore centres cause. We've recently had two areas move offshore to India - one of which carries out quality work, assessing staff on how well they interact and communicate with customers. How can someone sat in Mumbai possibly gauge the rapport built between two people from Newcastle? I don't believe they can.

I've had colleagues go out to India to train the people who are taking the jobs away from their colleagues, their friends. It is a dreadful experience. The only thing it benefits is profits - and I'm sure that that will only be in the short to middle term.

My last thought on the subject - if my computer has an issue, I have to call up Eastern Europe and speak to someone there. They will then send an email to a guy sat on the floor above me who will come and fix it.

It's mental. Truly.

Peace,

Cado

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Slash
That's funny
Title of the thread is "Ask Jesse"
I came here to ask him about his lawsuit against the murdered sniper, but then realized that this was just an advertising bit about Jesse, not an actual conversation

That said
-Derogatory insult directed directly at the O.P. removed to stay in the T&C's that I have not read but still follow :-) -

X

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: ladyteeny

Out of line much?
He clearly stated listen to his shows, he may answer questions or comments as part of the shows.

nowhere does he say he's listening to his shows in that post. therefore i thought HE was out of line not sticking to mr ventura's topic at hand.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

Dydw i ddim yn meddwl ei fod yn deall eich pwynt.

That's the only reason I can see for a response like that.

Peace.

Cado.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hi Governor Ventura,

Congratulations on winning the lawsuit, I can't imagine what you've gone through with that and I've supported you the whole way.

Outsourcing - My job of 30+ years was replaced by a voice recognition computer program (!), AKA 'technological unemployment' but the way I look at it, people globally have a right to a living wage and everyone's time is just as valuable. Just because someone is born in an overpopulated poverty stricken part of the world, doesn't mean they should have to work for a few dollars a month for their entire lives, and Americans aren't automatically worth tens of thousands a year, either. We need to rethink capitalism from the git-go in other words, and I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement's take on things - resource based and caretaking of the planet AND the people, not profit based without a thought as to the ramifications of endless consumption. The outsourcing companies are probably doing what they have to, to stay competitive which means simply open for business at this point in time. The odds are against any given company, especially the small ones that can't bribe Congress or be in cahoots with the Pentagon.

As far as fear mongering goes, the CDC and other health professionals have been waking up in cold sweats for years worrying about another pandemic; while they pretty much figured it would be H5N1, this Ebola outbreak is a nightmare having a nightmare; I don't think they're fear mongering enough, I think they should have shut down global transportation especially passenger plane flights several weeks ago. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are out of the barn, at this point. It still remains to be seen if infection rates will go exponential, and we may never know if it was weaponized, but containment at this point is far from an assured condition.

After working all those years in hospitals, believe me when I tell you that only three days after (possible) Ebola cases are seen in any given hospital, whether rural or city, the personnel and supplies will be completely overwhelmed. Just the hypochondriacs alone presenting with vague symptoms will be a mess to sort out and I'm sure that's already starting to happen.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Fellow truth seekers,

Today I have 2 different topics that I want your questions and comments on:

1) What are your thoughts on outsourcing? Isn't that what's really responsible for taking jobs away from Americans? Machinist Union to file lawsuit against Spirit over outsourcing

2) Seems like the media favors fear tactics over real solutions. What about the real issues? Will we hear the truth? Conservative media hysteria explodes: Muslims! Ebola! A xenophobic fiasco

Stay tuned for my upcoming shows on the topics and make sure you watch to see if I answer your questions or comments in the show. And always remember, to stay vigilant!

1. I do not like outsourcing. If it was being done because there was no one left unemployed to work the job, than yes outsource. However, that is not the case. There are people who could use the work. I also very much dislike how it is mostly done because it is cheaper to higher someone else from a country that has problems with cheap labor & bad safety regulations/protocols. ((ex: Bangladesh Factory Disaster))

My question is: Do to the U.S corporations number 1 goal of making money, is it possible to make sure outsourcing doesn't happen, or it if does, to at least pay the same wages as in North America?

2. Propaganda, propaganda, propaganda, fluff story. That's what news is these days & it's depressing.
I've come to realize that there are lots of events where we will never know the truth about, unless a whistleblower pops up. Ex: Malaysia flights & the different war/conflicts going on ((ISIS & the Ukraine mess))

My question is: I know somethings can be released through Freedom of Information but sometimes there is a lot of stuff that is blacked out. Is there a bill that can be passed that makes it so when information is released, all of it is shown? Or do you think that is impossible because of how much bad, shady things the government is doing for that to happen?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

1) What are your thoughts on outsourcing? Isn't that what's really responsible for taking jobs away from Americans?

This is an easy one to answer the blame goes to NAFTA. The free trade agreement is what helped to kill production in this country combine that with politicians that give tax breaks to companies that move jobs out of the country was a death warrant to our economy.

2) Seems like the media favors fear tactics over real solutions. What about the real issues?

Breeding fear increases ratings and ratings equal money. Most real issues are just simply too boring and isn't the headline grabber that the media wants. Also seeing how the media wants to aline itself with political parties their reporting goes along with the agenda their party wants.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

I stand corrected, just tired of people attacking others.

Please forgive me for letting it get to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join