It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Defies Western Warning, Will Send "Aid Convoy" To East Ukraine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I do not think there is anything suspicious in this convoy. If Russia had to smuggle in weapons or soldiers, then that can be done very easily via open border at Luhansk. No need to send it hiding in a truck convoy.

Some reports say that convoy did not even leave Veronezh as terms could not be finalized with Kiev. All sorts of speculations out there.

edit on 13-8-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: MrSpad

The rebels have the arms they need, what they needed is the support of the local population. With that support a smaller more poorly armed force could have dragged this our for many years.

Complete support to the levels of 1000s of fighters available at one call..............is not there from the locals.

However, any other support like food, shelter, medication, transportation, communication is all there. Even with such support, it can be dragged on for years and more so because Russia is supplying the real tools i.e. weapons and mercenaries.

Cease fire has been called for time and again but Terrorist Kiev Junta would not accept.

Russian intervention and NATO arming and supplying Junta with weapons and tools will call the same point raised..............i.e. whom does the local population support? S-E Ukraine as per the referendums have already supported Russia so when local population is hostile to "separatists of the west" then other than few incidents it would not last long.

People in Ukraine have learned that Terrorist Junta has NOT brought them anything good other than war and destitution.

NATO supplies weapons to Nazi Junta and Russia supplies weapons to Taliban in Afghanistan. Go figure the results.

Don't worry, it WILL NOT be Afghanistan for Russia in S-E Ukraine. But real Afghanistan will heat up for US/NATO in a hurry.

Well we know the local population does not support the rebels and petty much see them as theives who steal everything in the name of protecting them. A rebel force with the backing of locals does not much to be able to operate for a very long time hitting the enermy where he is weak and the blending back in with the population. Without that the only hope the rebels have is a Russian invasion which will make the local population even less happy.

For some reason Putin though he has support in that are. Maybe he did and the rebels were such creeps that they destroyed it. Maybe it never existed at all and somebody was cooking the books to make it seem so. Either way that support no longer exists and thus the rebels quick defeat.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Well we know the local population does not support the rebels and petty much see them as theives who steal everything in the name of protecting them.

You've said this multiple times. I've read a lot of stories on the Ukraine crisis and have not seen this mentioned. Would you please provide some sources to support this? Serious request, I'd like to see this from all perspectives.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Refer to my link about excellent article from Dugin. A sentence with 'Lie" has been bolded.

In the American culture such practices are commonly put to use by both Elites and Slaves. That is the only few of the ways Slaves can feel little bit like an Elite.

Biggest example of a "Lie" is the US Presidential order to not show any 'body casket' of soldier killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. This is called a "Lie" because it is an attempt to hide the real facts.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The humane actions of Russia to help people deprived of basic necessities is being scoffed at by the West and the puppet Kiev.

If Kiev is so concerned, why it is not doing what Russia has offered to do.

Who are people living in Donetsk or Lugansk? Are they Russians or Ukrainians? Who is responsible for these people.

Only fools can miss the facts so clearly laid on the table.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

If Kiev is so concerned, why it is not doing what Russia has offered to do.

The only thing Kiev is concerned about at this moment is the destruction of anyone they believe is pro-Russian or anti-Kiev. Since they are using ballistic missiles, artillery and shock troop urban attacks against the eastern Ukrainians I doubt they have any real concern for humanitarian pursuits.

Except maybe to confiscate what's on those Russian trucks. Guess we'll see about that soon enough.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: victor7

I love the way Dugin keeps repeating the word "hate." It makes his philosophy very clear.

Thankfully , it is better than the ever-repeating hate that has been spewed all over the earth by those whom he "hates".

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Since they are using ballistic missiles, artillery and shock troop urban attacks against the eastern Ukrainians I doubt they have any real concern for humanitarian pursuits.

Anyone who did not take advantage of the humanitarian corridors to flee the besieged towns can be considered to be collaborators with the Russian occupiers. They presumably not consider themselves to be Ukrainian.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Anyone who did not take advantage of the humanitarian corridors to flee the besieged towns can be considered to be collaborators with the Russian occupiers. They presumably not consider themselves to be Ukrainian.

OK, so for any of those evil collaborator men, women and children who can't or won't leave their homes or business Kiev finds it justifiable to slaughter them where they stand. Oh yes and anyone not considering themselves Ukrainian will probably be shot twice.

So how many collaborators are left to kill? Millions?

And forget about Russian (or any other) humanitarian aid because..
    "No soup for you, have an artillery attack instead!"

What a waste.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

OK, so for any of those evil collaborator men, women and children who can't or won't leave their homes or business Kiev finds it justifiable to slaughter them where they stand. Oh yes and anyone not considering themselves Ukrainian will probably be shot twice.

You seem to be very sure of what is going to happen. Are you a member of the Ukrainian High Command?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You seem to be very sure of what is going to happen. Are you a member of the Ukrainian High Command?

No but I can read.

DONETSK, Ukraine — Residents say the eastern Ukrainian city of Luhansk is dying. The power grid was completely down Monday, the city government said, and fuel is running dry.

Store shelves are emptying fast, and those who haven’t managed to flee must drink untreated tap water. With little medicine left, doctors are sending patients home.

As Ukrainian government forces slowly tighten their ring around the city — one of two major pro-Russian rebel strongholds — traveling in and out has become a perilous undertaking.

“As a result of the blockade and ceaseless rocket attacks, the city is on the verge of a humanitarian catastrophe,” Kravchenko said. “Citizens are dying on the streets, in their courtyard and in their homes. Every new day brings only death and destruction.”

East Ukraine city dying under siege

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

No but I can read.

Selectively.

Ukraine’s government accuses the separatists of entrapping the civilian population in besieged cities like Luhansk and has pushed for the creation of humanitarian corridors.

Their priority appears to persuade as many people to evacuate cities in advance of attempting full incursions.

“We urge the peaceful population to abandon territory seized by terrorists,” Andriy Lysenko, a spokesman for the government’s military operation in the east, said Monday.

Those choosing to stay behind and assist people in need are facing a desperate plight.

“Doctors can do nothing but cry. Every day, wounded people come in and we can’t help them. We lack even basic medicines,” said Fyodor Solyanik, a doctor in the Luhansk regional hospital.

Speaking briefly over a crackling landline connection, Solyanik said patients who were due for long-planned operations are being sent home.

“This is a nightmare situation,” he said. “It’s not just medicine we don’t have. We don’t even have food and water.”

With prices for basic staples rising fast, the elderly deprived of their now-suspended pension payments are hit especially hard.

Local authorities are inundated with pleas for help that they are helpless to address. In just one day last week, a recently created crisis center received 1,800 appeals for assistance.

According to official figures, around 100 people have been killed since fighting began in Luhansk. With public services in total disarray, the reliability of such figures is questionable.

While the local government that existed before the current conflict began is attempting to provide basic services, real authority lies with the gunmen leading the separatist government that dubs itself the Luhansk People’s Republic

Your own source.

The Russian carpetbaggers will fight until the last Ukrainian is dead. Then they will go back to Russia.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I'll not argue the point with you anymore other than to say you suggested the civilians flee through the "humanitarian" corridors allowed by the Ukraine army and militias. I showed you that that was now extremely dangerous and that the Ukraine forces were rocket attacking civilians and murdering them in the streets and their homes. You said something and I responded to your statement.

I get it though, Russia is the total bad guy, separatists are evil and Putin is the devil. That's fine with me. Can I get a set of those rose colored glasses? No, never mind.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
International reporters following the convoy say the convoy goes to Rostov and after that towards Lugansk.

That would mean through Separatists hold area and against Kiev wishes.

nos.nl... S%20Teletekst%29

edit on 14-8-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
International reporters following the convoy say the convoy goes to Rostov and after that towards Lugansk.

The only reason to do that is to cause trouble.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It looked like Kiev was going to hold them for a week, it might just be a big fat finger to that.

Kiev/US is provoking Russia all the time.
edit on 14-8-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

It looked like Kiev was going to hold them for a week, it might just be a big fat finger to that.

I did not see that can you show me where they said that?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

"No humanitarian convoy of Putin will be allowed to go to the Kharkiv region", warned Avakov. "This is official."

www.volkskrant.nl...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

"No humanitarian convoy of Putin will be allowed to go to the Kharkiv region", warned Avakov. "This is official."

www.volkskrant.nl...

I can't read that, but the quote does not say what you claimed. No convoy from PUTIN is allowed .. nor should it be. An international agency should do it. If Putin is doing it himself it's because he is trying to intentionally cause major problems.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

www.volkskrant.nl...

I can't read that, but the quote does not say what you claimed. No convoy from PUTIN is allowed .. nor should it be. An international agency should do it. If Putin is doing it himself it's because he is trying to intentionally cause major problems.

I read it somewhere yesterday (don`t no where anymore), but this proves Kiev isn`t allowing it to go through anyways, so Russia seems to have said, "We just got through Separatist hold area now."

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join