It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Defies Western Warning, Will Send "Aid Convoy" To East Ukraine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Besides if Russia was going to "invade" I believe Putin would just go in. Not smuggle troops and weapon into Ukraine in Red Cross supported trucks. Actually that would look almost pitiful.

Even in small amount, everyday Russia is sending weapons and mercenaries to DPR. So to send Russian soldiers in would not require them to be hidden inside these trucks. There are lots of pro-Russian assets already in place in DPR to smuggle in and get the soldiers where ever they want to.............with much ease and safety.

Russian intervention should come by the way of air force. Bomb the concentration of the Kiev Junta Terrorist army and weaken them enough to not able to carry out attack on major cities. That is what NATO did to Gaddafi troops in Libya. Rebels have offered cease fire to save civilians from getting killed but Terrorist Junta does not want to agree.

Russia has every morale right to intervene here and bring peace and stability to people.

edit on 12-8-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Even in small amount, everyday Russia is sending weapons and mercenaries to DPR. So to send Russian soldiers in would not require them to be hidden inside these trucks. There are lots of pro-Russian assets already in place in DPR to smuggle in and get the soldiers where ever they want to.............with much ease and safety.

So your finally admitting that Russia has been doing what much of us have been saying all along.

Bomb the concentration of the Kiev Junta Terrorist army and weaken them enough to not able to carry out attack on major cities.

You do understand that if Russia sends troops into Ukraine that would be a massive wrong move to make.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

So your finally admitting that Russia has been doing what much of us have been saying all along.

Like mentioned before, I tend to focus on MACRO issues and not split hairs like teenage gals poking tongue at each other for small issues.

My concern is that Russia is not doing enough shipments of weapons and men to help the rebels against the Terrorist Kiev Junta. Rebels need more heavy yet mobile weapons and more men with military training along with lots of body armor and similar tools.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Russia should unite the Slavic world under one banner. Russia is best suited to do that.

I for one fully support him.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

My concern is that Russia is not doing enough shipments of weapons and men to help the rebels against the Terrorist Kiev Junta. Rebels need more heavy yet mobile weapons and more men with military training along with lots of body armor and similar tools.

So you really want more bloodshed, because that is all you will get if that happens.

Why can't I say I am amazed by that post?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
So you really want more bloodshed, because that is all you will get if that happens.

Why can't I say I am amazed by that post?

I hope you aren't delusional enough to think that the west isn't doing the same?

I can tell you first hand that there were multiple crates in the last Canadian shipment that were not allowed to be opened...or scanned...or weighed.
edit on 12-8-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

I hope you aren't delusional enough to think that the west isn't doing the same?

Doing the same as what?

I can tell you first hand that there were multiple crates in the last Canadian shipment that were not allowed to be opened...or scanned...or weighed.

First hand as in you were present when these crates were packed and shipped?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
First hand as in you were present when these crates were packed and shipped?

First hand as in watching them get delivered and loaded onto the aircraft.

No inspections, no scans, and absolutely no opening. Straight off the truck and onto the aircraft.

Kind of fumbled that reply...

Same as what? Same as the Russians. We supply to 'our side' and they supply to 'their side'. Which side is right or wrong, or good or bad, is subjective. I'm fairly certain that both sides feel like they are the 'good' and the other is the 'bad'.
edit on 12-8-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I am not heading to frontlines or even populated area lines if SHTF. Sorry, bloodshed is only for media purposes, I will be far away from population, economic or military base etc.

Main reason: I am not a slave of the Bankers, 1%ers, Oligarchs, Elites etc. Your types will serve them well, not me!! Go ahead and coddle your banker and oligarch heros and get slaughtered

Btw, if the convoy is stopped or not allowed through into Ukraine in next few hours, we might have an official start to something big here. Hope not !!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Like mentioned before, I tend to focus on MACRO issues and not split hairs like teenage gals poking tongue at each other for small issues.

The rebels have the arms they need, what they needed is the support of the local population. With that support a smaller more poorly armed force could have dragged this our for many years. However no rebel group that does not have the support of locals is going to last long.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If Russia moves officialy across the border with its forces the political fall out will be very bad for them. To make matters worse NATO will take that as indication that they should now full on arm and train Ukraines forces.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The rebels have the arms they need, what they needed is the support of the local population. With that support a smaller more poorly armed force could have dragged this our for many years.

Complete support to the levels of 1000s of fighters available at one call..............is not there from the locals.

However, any other support like food, shelter, medication, transportation, communication is all there. Even with such support, it can be dragged on for years and more so because Russia is supplying the real tools i.e. weapons and mercenaries.

Cease fire has been called for time and again but Terrorist Kiev Junta would not accept.

Russian intervention and NATO arming and supplying Junta with weapons and tools will call the same point raised..............i.e. whom does the local population support? S-E Ukraine as per the referendums have already supported Russia so when local population is hostile to "separatists of the west" then other than few incidents it would not last long.

People in Ukraine have learned that Terrorist Junta has NOT brought them anything good other than war and destitution.

NATO supplies weapons to Nazi Junta and Russia supplies weapons to Taliban in Afghanistan. Go figure the results.

Don't worry, it WILL NOT be Afghanistan for Russia in S-E Ukraine. But real Afghanistan will heat up for US/NATO in a hurry.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is what can happen:

Ukraine stops the convoy and does not let it through

Russia declares it has no choice but to use force

Next thing is SHTF...............and I run to the woods

Btw, why does not Russia send the convoy via Luhansk border which is not in control of Junta at the moment. It's where the 72nd Brigade surrendered and cross over to Russia.

Hopefully, upon denial of the convoy, Russians turn to Luhansk border and enter from there.............instead of using any force.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Tsar Bomba - Largest Nuclear Device Ever Tested (50MT)

oct 30 1961

53 years ago,,,wounder what advances since then?

This is NOT your average invadable country. in case anyone has forgoten.

edit on 8/12/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Here is what can happen:

Ukraine stops the convoy and does not let it through

Russia declares it has no choice but to use force

Next thing is SHTF...............and I run to the woods

Btw, why does not Russia send the convoy via Luhansk border which is not in control of Junta at the moment. It's where the 72nd Brigade surrendered and cross over to Russia.

Hopefully, upon denial of the convoy, Russians turn to Luhansk border and enter from there.............instead of using any force.

Because Kiev and the West has warned them not to do that...?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

As per my calculations, in next 1-3 days Russians will "have to" use force officially.

Entering from Luhansk border, road to Luhansk city is mostly clear i.e. under DPR forces, but for Donetsk there is heavy fighting going on at one point and there are lots of Kiev forces atleast near by.

To reach Donetsk would require a) no attacks on convoy from Kiev Junta b) if there are attacks then atleast air cover from Russia.

If "B" is required then official war between Russia and Ukraine has started. Worst point is even if 1 attack occurs the chain reactions will follow.

Junta will be wise enough to NOT attack the convoy. That would be a "very very dumb" thing to do.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Just fell on this by chance...........Dugin makes lots of sense here !!

Alexander Dugin: Letter to the American People on Ukraine

openrevolt.info...

The American political elite has tried in this situation as well as in many others to make the Russians hate Americans. But it has failed. We hate the American political elite that brings death, terror, lies and bloodshed everywhere – in Serbia, in Afghanistan, in Iraq, in Libya, in Syria – and now in Ukraine. We hate the global oligarchy that has usurped America and uses her as its tool. We hate the double standard of their politics where they call “fascist” innocent citizens without any feature resembling fascist ideology and in the same breath deny the open Hitlerists and Bandera admirers the qualification of “Nazi” in the Ukraine. All that the American political elite speaks or creates (with small exceptions) is one big lie.All that the American political elite speaks or creates (with small exceptions) is one big lie. And we hate that lie because the victims of this lie are not only ourselves, but also you the American people. You believe them, you vote for them. You have confidence in them. But they deceive and betray you.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Kiev wants them to hand over the goods at Ukrainian controlled area, and the Russians seems to have agreed to that.

edit on 13-8-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

As per my calculations, in next 1-3 days Russians will "have to" use force officially.

You really are dead set to see Russia send troops into Ukraine aren't you...why?

You do understand that Putin will not risk his approval ratings by sticking Russian troops into a situation that will not end well for them, or him.

Putin thought he could do this in the beginning, go in take Crimea easily and the rest will be just as easy and he got a big surprise now he is just trying to save face in the eyes of the world.

It seems the sanctions are doing their job or he would have already sent troops in to help the separatists.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The convoy is on its way for its last leg, will arrive this afternoon at border.

"It seems they made an agreement to have the convoy come under the Red Cross supervision and switch to Ukrainian license-plates."

Border-proceedings may take some time.

nos.nl... letekst%29

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I love the way Dugin keeps repeating the word "hate." It makes his philosophy very clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join