It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Defies Western Warning, Will Send "Aid Convoy" To East Ukraine

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
"Seventy pieces Russian military equipment crossed the border"

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-8-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Humanitarian situation in eastern Ukraine catastrophic — Sweden's FM

BRUSSELS, August 15. /ITAR-TASS/. Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt acknowledged on Friday a catastrophic humanitarian situation in eastern Ukraine, but said the militia and Russia were responsible.

en.itar-tass.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
Humanitarian situation in eastern Ukraine catastrophic — Sweden's FM

BRUSSELS, August 15. /ITAR-TASS/. Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt acknowledged on Friday a catastrophic humanitarian situation in eastern Ukraine, but said the militia and Russia were responsible.

en.itar-tass.com...

Thank you for demonstrating the difference between a legitimate news source (ITAR-TASS) and a propaganda outlet (RT). ITAR-TASS correctly quotes the FM as blaming Russia and the militias. RT, which is not even bothering to run the story, would quote him accurately about there being a humanitarian crisis, but would then editorialize it in such a way that it seemed that he was blaming Kyiv.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
if it is aid convoy under supervision or IRC , why not ?

any side who prevent aid for civilian in disaster zone should be branded war criminals..

if the content is destined to civilian , why hinder it ? no matter who sent it.

at this stage, russian did the right thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: demus

Of course they invited reporters to inspect the contents of the truck; every stage magician invites a member of the audience to inspect his equipment. He can do this with confidence because the audience member doesn't know what to look for. A convoy of 250 trucks is being driven by 250 troops. They are delivering reinforcements, not humanitarian aid. That's why they insist on delivering the cargo themselves: the drivers are the cargo. (The ammunition is welded to the undercarriage, one of the oldest tricks in the book.)

now that is a conspiracy theory! Nice!

"drivers are the cargo"

sounds like something John Bourne would say...

here is a quote from you; right from the spot:

But, with their easy manner, lack of discipline and in some cases physiques that hinted more at beer halls than special forces training grounds, the "little brown men" of the aid convoy are clearly not the highly trained elite troops

Those at the site were dismissive of fears in Ukraine that the convoy may be carrying secret military cargo. Two of the men in brown, who would not give their names but said they were "in charge of the cargo", offered to open any of the trucks picked at random and show what was inside.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Now you just sound ridiculous. At first i thought you knew what you were talking about, but now i realize you are talking just a bunch of nonsense. Either you spend too much time here on ATS or you just hate Russians. Honestly, I'm not sure what is it of those two options, because they both sound really plausible to me.

Must be really hard to believe that Russia would actually send aid to its people, since neither UN or any other organization care about those innocent people that are being slaughter in Ukraine.
That's why members come up with just ridiculous conspiracies.

Do you honestly believe that 250 people can be called a reinforcement against a completely outnumbered opponent? Gee, some people here are just...
edit on 531k2014Fridayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

i think your missing his point it would be easy to hide stuff in that mass of trucks. 2 reporters from the guardian couldnt do an inspection and if they did happen to pick a truck you bluff your way through it. If this was truly aid it would already be in Kiev and be being sent by the IRC with the other shipments.Even worsewhen you look inside alot of the trucks appear to be empty meaning the true shipment indeed could be the people. Why else would Russia send 4 vehicles when 1 fully packed one could hold the stuff. I saw one track that had like a couple of boxes i could fit into my car.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Who on Earth gives a right to some reporters to inspect something? I wouldn't allow them to inspect anything, because western media were real objective when it comes to Russian aid to its people and this whole conflict between rebels and Ukraine army.

And yes, i bet 2,000 tons of water, food, clothes and such things could easily fit in your car...

Because of this whole aid thing, no MSM reported that another 11 innocent civilians got killed during another bombing of Donetsk...

One more thing. Why EU or US doesn't send aid to those innocent people over there? Usually they would, but I'm curious to know why they don't do it this time..,
edit on 539k2014Fridayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Snap!
www.zerohedge.com...-5097479

Things just escalated notably - (Via Bloomberg):

*UKRAINE FORCES ATTACK ARMED CONVOY FROM RUSSIA: LYSENKO
*UKRAINE TROOPS 'DESTROY' PART OF ARMED CONVOY: LYSENKO
*UKRAINE'S POROSHENKO: CONFIRMED APC INCURSION TO CAMERON

edit on thAmerica/Chicago815uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

From Reuters:

UKRAINIAN MILITARY SPOKESMAN SAYS UKRAINE FORCES ENGAGED RUSSIAN ARMOURED COLUMN ON UKRAINIAN SOIL AND "PART OF IT NO LONGER EXISTS"
The result...

Damn

Edit : more :

We await Putin's response...

*RUSSIA CONCERNED AT ATTEMPTS TO DISRUPT AID CONVOY
UKRAINIAN MILITARY SPOKESMAN SAYS UKRAINIAN FORCES HAD TRACKED RUSSIAN ARMOURED COLUMN AFTER IT CROSSED BORDER INTO UKRAINE

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
BBC Radio 2 reporting Russian military vehicles crossing into Ukraine. Second

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

More from Bloomber :

*RUSSIA SAYS IT'S GETTING INFO OF DIRECT THREATS TO CONVOY
*RUSSIA SAYS UKRAINE INTENSIFIES MILITARY OPS TO DISRUPT CONVOY

They have been since yesterday :
www.zerohedge.com...

www.theguardian.com...
While the white trucks came to a halt well short of Ukraine's border, a different Russian convoy did cross into Ukrainian territory late on Thursday evening.

The Guardian saw a column of 23 armoured personnel carriers, supported by fuel trucks and other logistics vehicles with official Russian military plates, travelling towards the border near the Russian town of Donetsk.

EDIT : seems all hell is breaking loose over there:
RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY SAYS UKRAINIAN FORCES ENGAGING IN INTENSE FIGHTING IN EASTERN UKRAINE TO STOP HUMANITARIAN AID TO THE REGION

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

i think your missing his point it would be easy to hide stuff in that mass of trucks. 2 reporters from the guardian couldnt do an inspection and if they did happen to pick a truck you bluff your way through it. If this was truly aid it would already be in Kiev and be being sent by the IRC with the other shipments.Even worsewhen you look inside alot of the trucks appear to be empty meaning the true shipment indeed could be the people. Why else would Russia send 4 vehicles when 1 fully packed one could hold the stuff. I saw one track that had like a couple of boxes i could fit into my car.

I hope you know the difference between MASS and VOLUME.

when loading a truck or your car for that matter you should not overload and if they were transporting wheat, water and similar stuff in those "empty" trucks it can sometimes be heavy while truck still "empty".

but people see what they want to see and think what they want to think.

if you think those trucks are full of weapons and ready to transport troops so be it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If you ask me, It just doesn't seem logical to move your troops at the moment when the whole world is watching what's going on at the borders...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Fingers crossed the Russians will secure the aid convoy be defending it. It's the poor defenseless people that are going to suffer here, hopefully they'll get the convoy to the people on the street. Prayers this happens

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

this one is interesting since Russians said no Russian troops crossed the border.

if that is true than this one was one easy job for Ukrainians.

I mean destroying an imaginary enemy.

didn't they said they have crossed the border in rebel controlled area?

one hell of an army those Ukrainians...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The more I think about this the more i'm inclined to believe that the aid convoy is there to stay for the future deployment of Russian troops.

I found it odd the amount of trucks they send, also this had to be planned for months, you don't just prep 3 km convoy overnight.

President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko had a phone conversation with Prime Minister of Great Britain David Cameron.

The parties coordinated their actions on the response to the information regarding the entry of Russian military machines to the territory of Ukraine that has been clearly witnessed by international journalists, particularly of "Guardian" newspaper. The President informed that the given information was trustworthy and confirmed because the majority of that machines had been eliminated by the Ukrainian artillery at night.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Man some of this stuff really makes no sense.

Directly from interfax :
August 15, 2014

19:12
Poroshenko: Disagreements on Russian humanitarian aid delivery settled

19:07
UKRAINIAN SECURITY FORCES ARE TRYING TO CUT ROUTE FOR RUSSIAN HUMANITARIAN AID DELIVERY FROM BORDER TO LUHANSK PREVIOUSLY AGREED UPON WITH KYIV - RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY

So what they first attack the convoy, destroy part of it, now its settled again? Seriously can anyone keep track?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Who on Earth gives a right to some reporters to inspect something? I wouldn't allow them to inspect anything, because western media were real objective when it comes to Russian aid to its people and this whole conflict between rebels and Ukraine army.

And yes, i bet 2,000 tons of water, food, clothes and such things could easily fit in your car...

Because of this whole aid thing, no MSM reported that another 11 innocent civilians got killed during another bombing of Donetsk...

One more thing. Why EU or US doesn't send aid to those innocent people over there? Usually they would, but I'm curious to know why they don't do it this time..,

Just because RT didnt tell you about it doesnt mean it didnt happen. red cross has already set up distribution points in some cities retaken from the rebels. As for Russian aid this ploy has been done before in Georgia oh and Crimea. They were supposedly sending aid there too but they brought troops along with it and never left. As they say fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Russia or more specifically Putin had the opportunity all along to diffuse this situation and prevent a humanitarian disaster. Instead Putin chose to destabilize the region grab Ukrainian land and send weapons to further the fighting. No amount of aid from Russia is going to make up for the devastation they caused in Ukraine. And of course this isnt the first time the russians brought aid and than ended up staying.

edit on 8/15/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Sure, okay.

I guess Russia organized civil war in Ukraine in the first place, leading to that country falling apart. Oh no wait, it was a plot by west to overthrow pro-Russian oriented president of Ukraine. Reasons for that, i still don't know.

Sorry to tell you, but this was all done by russian citizens living in the Ukraine. They had a help from Russia, but not to an extant many of you are saying it was.

Red cross sent what? It's a lie that UN,EU,US sent any help to innocent people in Donetsk who are being constantly bombed by Ukraine army...

And then you say its Russia who destabilized the region...
edit on 555k2014Fridayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join