It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushimas spherical cesium 137 bearing particles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ok folks....

Back early on, some people were talking about "bucky balls". I stayed out of that conversation because I didn't understand enough about it to comment one way or another.

As time goes on, more and more comes out.

Evidently there is a problem with spherical particles that were ejected early in the disaster.... these particles contain Cesium 137 amongst other things and ARE NOT water soluble like C-137 normally is. It appears that these particles can hang around a lot longer than normal and are a very strong concern for the Japanese people as the majority of these appear to have been deposited over dry land vs the ocean.

One particle was found near Tokyo.

Strange things are afoot.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www-pub.iaea.org...
edit on R202014-08-11T14:20:39-05:00k208Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R212014-08-11T14:21:11-05:00k218Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

guess u better tie your shoe-laces, then,,,Strange things are afoot.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
They are pretty small, very inhalable, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

touche... never saw the double innuendo woo hoo lol

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I don't think bucky balls are the correct term. Bucky balls in chemistry refer to Buckminsterfullerene molecules that are made up of 60 carbon atoms in the shape of a truncated icosahedron.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Doesn't really matter. Nothing we do as humans matters, because life will adapt and go on. It may become wonky looking or humans may die out or maybe plants grow really big like in Chernobyl. It doesn't matter to life in general. Such is the beauty of evolution and adaptation through sudden mutation of genetic material.

Whatever there is in the air or in the oceans or in our food, something will always survive and the survivers will procreate and pass on their immunity and hey presto: life keeps on going.

Personally I am glad I am already in the second half of my life and have no kids. Humans can not cope with their own technologic advances, because we are just not clever enough. We are but monkeys who understand maths [well not the majority but a good few nevertheless], apart from that we are quite a 'fail' when it comes to staying around for a while.
The dinosaurs managed to stay for a few million years, which makes them far more admirable than us 'great' apes.

Good luck to all the lifeforms after us, may you live in harmony with nature.

I think I said the same thing somewhere else or on here, doesn't matter, still valid.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It may become wonky looking

a reply to: Hecate666

yes,,

and then there is reality,,

Changes in the genes of DNA can result from exposure to radiation.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have often said that I could use another set of arms.
But that would suck, now that I see it... and think about it.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Common,show me the really big plants from chernobyl.....a reply to: Hecate666

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
It appears that these particles can hang around a lot longer than normal and are a very strong concern for the Japanese people as the majority of these appear to have been deposited over dry land vs the ocean.

I don't know where to begin.

First, I guess I have to question how you comprehended the article you posted to say most of the contamination fell over dry land?

The article says nothing of the sort!!!

Secondly I have to question your own logic and understanding of air currents as pertaining HOW such a deposit could have taken place on an east facing coastline of the Pacific rim?

Thirdly, how would they be able to compare how much landed in the sea with what they found on land?

And fourthly, do you really believe only a single one of these particles was to be found "near Tokyo"?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

touche... never saw the double innuendo woo hoo lol

I still don't see either 'innuendo' or 'double entendre'.

Please clue me in.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

It appears that these particles can hang around a lot longer than normal and are a very strong concern for the Japanese people as the majority of these appear to have been deposited over dry land vs the ocean.

I don't know where to begin.

First, I guess I have to question how you comprehended the article you posted to say most of the contamination fell over dry land?

The article says nothing of the sort!!!

Secondly I have to question your own logic and understanding of air currents as pertaining HOW such a deposit could have taken place on an east facing coastline of the Pacific rim?

Thirdly, how would they be able to compare how much landed in the sea with what they found on land?

And fourthly, do you really believe only a single one of these particles was to be found "near Tokyo"?

Our simulation indicates that the spherical Cs-bearing particles mainly fell onto the ground by dry deposition.

says ground, not water

Page 6 of the linked pdf in OP. The wind was not always blowing to the east during the initial crisis... it was blowing directly over Japan for a while. It did blow south southwest for a period of time.

Don't know, doesn't matter...bad either way. The study focused on land based contamination.

Nope

Maybe I will just post stuff about my shower being hotter than normal due to Fukushima... that seems to be the trend lately.

Anytime "core material" is ejected from a nuclear reactor and found over 100 kilometers away... its a bad day. Especially for anyone who lives in the area.

Nothing to see here... particle 5 only came in at 200,000,000,000,000 bq per kg of radioactive material. Harmless.

edit on R592014-08-11T16:59:52-05:00k598Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R012014-08-11T17:01:41-05:00k018Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R092014-08-11T17:09:04-05:00k098Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R162014-08-11T17:16:21-05:00k168Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R202014-08-11T17:20:01-05:00k208Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R252014-08-11T17:25:43-05:00k258Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Can't...I'm clueless

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

RickinVa,

When they wrote "most of the particles fell onto the ground by dry deposition" it means, OF the particles found on land most were deposited there dry, as opposed to being deposited in rainfall.

It doesn't mean most of the particles fell on the land.

Clearly most of the particles would have fallen from the atmosphere into the sea as the sea has thousands of times more surface area than the island of Japan.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

not arguing that point.

Hot particles have been found in numerous places in Japan, up to 500 Km from Fukushima.

Its becoming more apparent that Fukushima is way way worse than Tepco or the Japanese Govt are willing to admit. (Surprise Surprise)

The fact that they are finding particles from the core of one of the reactors out side of the reactor is very bad news, esp considering that it is scattered over who knows where.

Plus the fact that these spherical things are not water soluble like normal radioactive cesium is of a major concern... how does this fit into the projections of cesium from Fukushima moving through the ocean? Do they now have to be adjusted for the fact that there is now a non water soluble issue going on....I suspect that it will be transported much further than regular radioactive cesium.

Time will tell... it always does.

"Clearly most of the particles would have fallen from the atmosphere into the sea as the sea has thousands of times more surface area than the island of Japan."

All depends which way the wind was blowing that day. They clearly stated that these were in the first plume only... no traces of these were found in the second plume. I am sure there is information out there on the wind and direction during the first plume.

edit on R002014-08-11T21:00:31-05:00k008Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R002014-08-11T21:00:42-05:00k008Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R032014-08-11T21:03:45-05:00k038Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R052014-08-11T21:05:43-05:00k058Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R082014-08-11T21:08:22-05:00k088Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R102014-08-11T21:10:37-05:00k108Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R142014-08-11T21:14:03-05:00k148Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Hot particles have been found in numerous places in Japan, up to 500 Km from Fukushima.

That is misinformation disguised as understatement.

Hot particles from Fukushima Daiichi have been found throughout North America.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I tend to focus on the effects on Japan only.... that is where the bulk of the problems lies.

But Fukushima isn't quite done yet.... wait til they pop that kevlar tent off of reactor 1.... they are already warning that there will be large releases of more radiation. I just hope the wind keeps blowing out to sea.... for how ever long they try to do something with reactor 1.

No way the wind could shift and blow back over land while #1 is uncovered for a few days/weeks/months.

People tend to forget that there are still airborne releases going on at Fukushima... it's not just the water flowing into the Pacific Ocean that's a problem.

Watch the Tepco webcam that covers reactor 1. When you see those vent flaps at the top of the tent over reactor 1 in the open position, that ain't Febreeze coming out of there... that I can promise you. You can see the flaps physically going up and down on occasion which means that something is being vented, whether on purpose or not.

Day# 1,249 and counting.

edit on R272014-08-11T21:27:49-05:00k278Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Day# 1,249 and counting.

And just 2,172 days until we send our fastest and fittest to Tokyo, 125miles from Fukushima, for the Olympic Games 2020.

I don't think it's going to happen.

They'll change the venue or cancel them before Tokyo ever hosts the games.

Of course, if we are in the middle of WWIII, six years from now, the games would automatically be cancelled; and the bluff would not need be revealed.
edit on -05:0001148512014-08-11T21:51:01-05:00 by Psynic because: grammar

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Looking at the chemical composition of these spheres, I wonder if this was caused by pouring salt water on the reactors in the days after the tsunami??

Oxygen, Sodium, Silicon, Chloride, Iron, Manganese, & Zinc......

The O, Na and Cl are probably from the salt water, and the rest of the stuff from the structure or containment vessels themselves.

^^The above is a totally nuclear-dumb assumption with no real understanding of the chemistry behind the incident.

top topics

join