It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback: What Obama Said About Taking Vacations in 2008 Video is a Real Howler!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

So you think when he's on "vacation", that he is completely cut off from everything? No phone, no staff around, no ability to respond to proposed legislation, enemy threats, or any other national crisis? Really?

I will repeat myself. NO president every truly goes on vacation. Not like some Joe Shmoe who works in a factory goes on vacation. He didn't lie. It's part of the job.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So you think when he's on "vacation", that he is completely cut off from everything? No phone, no staff around, no ability to respond to proposed legislation, enemy threats, or any other national crisis? Really?

Did I say that?

I will repeat myself. NO president every truly goes on vacation. Not like some Joe Shmoe who works in a factory goes on vacation. He didn't lie. It's part of the job.

And you know what Obama's itinerary looks like when he's on vacation, how? You got a source? Or are you just an obamapologist who believes and wants everybody else to believe that King Obama can do no wrong?
edit on 11-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Oooookay, so you admit that when he's on vacation, he is still in touch with what is going on, and can react as necessary, right? He's never out of the loop, he must be available at all times to respond to any important issue that comes up, no matter where he is. And those important issues come up daily. You realize that right? This is the definition of not truly being on vacation.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Oooookay, so you admit that when he's on vacation, he is still in touch with what is going on, and can react as necessary, right?

How many times are you going to put words in my mouth tonight? I didn't say that.

He's never out of the loop, he must be available at all times to respond to any important issue that comes up, no matter where he is. And those important issues come up daily. You realize that right? This is the definition of not truly being on vacation.

I'm never out of the loop either, but that doesn't mean I'm not sitting in my recliner not doing crap about any of it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

www.youtube.com...
Straight from Obama himself -

Bottom line .. he said his personal time and vacations would not happen because he'd give his life to the American people 24/7. Obviously, that isn't happening. Either he had no clue what he was getting himself into in 2008 and he had no clue that he'd need vacations .... or he doesn't care that he made that 'no vacation' promise and he's taking advantage of all the free perks that come with being POTUS. Or more likely - both. IMHO

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I haven't been on a vacation in two years. At all. Neither have my kids.
Obama can cry me all the effing rivers he wants to..... He is full of poo.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
it seems, that i am again in the minority here...

i'm one of the few who can cut through the B.S. and comprehend reality...

he says, on the record "this is how you're supposed to do it", and when asked at that time if that is how he would be willing to do it, he says "yes", then after he gets in office, he does the opposite.....this is the issue, boiled down, and distilled to it's most basic, most understandable form...

who gives a fig what president took what vacations? who gives a flying firetruck what "W" did, as far as vacations go? i certainly don't, because we're not talking about him....we're talking about something the current president said when he was campaigning, and then disregarded once he got into office....

how is it that people don't get this?
edit on 8-12-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

i know, right?

he thinks he might as well blow things off in a nice place, instead of his office.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Every time I see one of these posts complaining of any and everything you can find about Obama, you remind of this meme. Ya know, if you guys spent as much time finding any and everything you can to hate about any of the former presidents, it would further your argument that you don't hate Obama for any other reason, other than he has run a presidency comprised of fecal matter.

Personally, I think the subject matter of the Op's ire directed at Obama is a non-issue anyway. Think about this for a minute, nearly everyone of us at least once, has said we would do something but in the end we couldn't uphold that promise and we ended up eating crow.

files.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Well, you're not working when you post here - and you post here quite a bit, so......

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Anybody notice how fast presidents age? Obama is no exception to that. We've all seen how gaunt and gray he's gotten, just in 4 years time. How many of you have aged that fast? Do you think that someone who goes off on vacations and doesn't work most of the time would age that fast? Think, people, think.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Well, you're not working when you post here - and you post here quite a bit, so......

Obama's not working when he's posing for a photo with a golf club in his hand, and there are quite a bit of those photos.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Anybody notice how fast presidents age? Obama is no exception to that. We've all seen how gaunt and gray he's gotten, just in 4 years time. How many of you have aged that fast? Do you think that someone who goes off on vacations and doesn't work most of the time would age that fast? Think, people, think.

I'd probably age fast too if over half the country hated me.

You're trying too hard to come up with a reason for people to not hate Obama. Its not going to work.
edit on 13-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

If you think that's why all presidents age fast, then you haven't got a clue what the job entails.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

If you think that's why all presidents age fast, then you haven't got a clue what the job entails.

lol. okay. All I know is, apparently, if you're Obama, it entails repeatedly lying to 300,000,000 people and betraying their trust so that his political agendas will be successful.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I am not a public servant, so what I do with my free time isn't a concern to the entire population of the US... or any individual for that matter.
I am not the President of the United States with a trail of broken promises, blaming everything on the previous POTUS and racists either..... am I?

edit on bu312014-08-13T07:22:20-05:0007America/ChicagoWed, 13 Aug 2014 07:22:20 -05007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I am not a public servant, so what I do with my free time isn't a concern to the entire population of the US... or any individual for that matter.

You're right. So why did you post that you haven't had a vacation in two years (poor you
)? What does that have to do with ANYTHING and why do you think we care?

Look, everyone is (intentionally) missing the point. His original point was, once you become POTUS, your time is never really your own. No matter what you're doing, you're still "on the job". Yeah, I get it - you don't think he's done his job well. Fair enough, but I still say that no matter where he goes or what he does, he's still thinking about the job, decision-making about the job, worrying about the job, talking about the job - just like all presidents have to do. You are never really off the clock. THAT was the point.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So why did you post that you haven't had a vacation in two years (poor you )?

Because I felt like it.
Guess what? I am not complaining or crying about my lack of vacation. I am making a point. I didn't tell my boss that I would refrain from taking vacations when I took my current position. I am dedicated to my job and have lost leftover vacation that I didn't use.

I was bragging.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

If I recall this (I do!) correctly, I laughed.

If yo examine the facial features of every POTUS over the expanse of their reign, they age greatly. Especially in the second term.

The job wears them down. One reason is that EVERY vacation is a working vacation. The way you who think that this President is unaware and just Mr. Stumblebum is a core belief. Your insistence that he somehow surpass all aspects of humanity demonstrates a cant that is based on something other than what is observable.

It's not that this POTUS is so inadequate, it is your ability to put him into proper context due to your relevant belief system.

Mind you I am not stating that you are a bigot, but blind instead. With the worse Congress and SCOTUS ever (Political bias announcement, I am a progressive.), this dude is pulling the sleigh without much help. I could not carry that load he 'enjoys' for very long.

So march in those shoes and tell me how many do you think could survive this workload?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Except we're voting for Ben Carson.

I'd vote for Robin Williams! A dead comedian and most excellent dude is orders of magnitude better than a braindead puppet, like the last lot of Demolicans and Republicrats.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/13.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join