Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Flashback: What Obama Said About Taking Vacations in 2008 Video is a Real Howler!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Liar Liar pants on fire. His quote.

You have to understand that if you seek that office, then you have to be prepared to give your life to it. Essentially, the bargain that I think every President strikes with the American people is, ‘you give me this office, then in turn my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure, is gone. I am giving myself to you.’

www.ijreview.com...

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
This is all George W Bush's fault and you are a racist.

Just beating the Obamapologists to the punch.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

And the liberals laugh and scoff at us for wanting to impeach him. Smh. Obama is one of the worst presidents to ever call himself the leader of this country. And the left supports him. Its absurd.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
What Obama Said About Taking Vacations in 2008 Video is a Real Howler!

OMG you said howler! You subconsciously chose that word because you equate Obama with monkeys!

RACIST! BIGOT!

/endsarcasm

And that ladies and gentlemen is a snippet of your average liberal's thought process.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yea another non story brought to you by your local right wing nut, no president has EVA taken a vacation when a crisis happend. Also no politician has ever lied before EVA.

Come back to me when you guys are voting for jeb bush in the next election, and how you feel about romneycare not going anywhere.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Yea another non story brought to you by your local right wing nut, no president has EVA taken a vacation when a crisis happend. Also no politician has ever lied before EVA.

Obama is a LIAR! Why do you want to downplay a thread that exposes a lie? Do you prefer liars run this country? You're basically saying, "All politicians lie, so its okay. No big deal when they lie, its just what they do." "Why you right wingahs is mad at Obama?" "Shooot."

Come back to me when you guys are voting for jeb bush in the next election, and how you feel about romneycare not going anywhere.

HAHAHAHA! The left thinks Jeb Bush is a contender! Hahahaha!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Non-issue. NO president is ever truly on vacation. But if you're going to count "vacation" days, the last 3 Republican presidents took more than Obama.

President Obama was on vacation for 26 days during his first year in office (2009). Ronald Reagan spent 42 days on vacation during his first year in office (1981). President George H.W. Bush was on vacation less than his son, 40 days, in 1989, his first year in office. President Obama was on vacation less in his first year in office than the previous three Republican Presidents.

politic365.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Oh no..facts..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This comes while Congress is on it's 5-week vacation. Never-mind Obama has taken the fewest vacation days of any recent presidency. Another ginned-up non issue.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

If your lot thinks that obama going on vacation is a big deal, its called faux outrage and it stinks of sour puss.

Oh and like i said earlier i cant wait for you guys to go vote for jeb bush as your savior lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
This is all George W Bush's fault and you are a racist.

Just beating the Obamapologists to the punch.

lmao

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If your lot thinks that obama going on vacation is a big deal, its called faux outrage and it stinks of sour puss.

Except this thread isn't about Obama's vacations. Its about Obama's lie.

Oh and like i said earlier i cant wait for you guys to go vote for jeb bush as your savior lol.

Except we're voting for Ben Carson.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I must of missunderstood the title that said that obama lied about is vacation.
edit on 11-8-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I must of missunderstood the title that said that obama lied about is vacation.

Its okay. I know how easy it is for the left to hear what they want to hear and create points they want to talk about rather than what is really being discussed.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

See thats where your so lost, i wouldent vote democrate or gop, i called you out on how much of ajoke this thread is, and all you got is im a leftist.

So why is it so important to scream out loud that obama lied about something i dont get.

Your mad cause hes on vacation, did he ever say he would never go on vacation.

All im seeing is people implying that obama is so evil hes letting the world die while hes sippin pina coladas.

Is he all seeing or is he a schmuck its hard to understand with your lot.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
That was in 2008.........

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

See thats where your so lost, i wouldent vote democrate or gop, i called you out on how much of ajoke this thread is, and all you got is im a leftist.

Really an irrelevant point.

So why is it so important to scream out loud that obama lied about something i dont get.

Are you saying, "I don't get why people care that the leader of their country lies to them"? That's what it sounds like you're saying. If you don't know the answer to that question, then you are too far gone.

Your mad cause hes on vacation, did he ever say he would never go on vacation.

I'm mad because he lied. I'm mad because he said, "‘you give me this office, then in turn my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure, is gone. I am giving myself to you.". If his need for these things were gone, they'd be gone and they wouldn't exist. It's not about which side has took the most vacations. Its about a guy saying that the need for vacations would be gone once he got in office, but after he took office, his actions told a different story. So he's a liar.

edit on 11-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Most are taught before they are 3 or 4 years old that telling lies is a bad thing. What did your mommy teach you? Looks like they left out a few important things. I feel pity for you.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Why are all of you Obama supporters upset with the past presidents for taking Vacations?
They did not make any such Statement For The Record as your Messiah did.
Of-Course he was Lying to get your Vote, because he knew you all were Simpletons and He Told You Exactly What You Wanted To Hear!

Here's his statement as it was recorded and captured for all to hear..

The future president was talking about how those running for president need to be prepared to “give their life to it.”

“The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”

Obama went on to say that “the American people should have no patience for what’s going on in your head because you’ve got a job to do” and that people should only run for president if they’re willing to make that sacrifice.

When asked by the host if he could imagine himself making that kind of commitment, he said, “Sure.”

LINK
You All Applauded That, Because You Believe a Bold Face LIE! ,,, How Stupid!!!
We're Not Talking About Any Other Presidents,,, No Other President's Told You Such A Bold Face Lie, Of-Course Not Even Slick Willie Thought You All Were That Stupid!!!! What The Meaning of is,,, is,,,, or what ever!
edit on 11-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If the next GOP President takes 200 days of vacation it does nothing to dismiss Obama's lie. That's what we call a logical fallacy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution