It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question ATS More…

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: ObservingYou

Well, if they find information here that they can use, why the hell are they complaining about the forum?

"Hey, theres this resource that I find useful, its totally free and I can choose whether or not I go to it but hey, I'm gonna complain about it and piss all over the carpet"

Its like going to a Sushi restraunt when you don't like Sushi, and expecting it to be different.

Neff , sir with all due respect .

People love ATS Sushi but we don't always like sushi Chef to tell us what to eat .

That's all buddy ..
edit on 0097073180987th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCynic
To recap, you have no support or way to back up this claim of ATS pursuing copyright against anyone for posted material?
I just want to make sure this is your personal opinion with a lack of any examples or solid case for taking it as more than that?

You read my post correctly, and here I am clarifying it for you.

As I always seem to have to do *rolls eyes*.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 12/8/2014 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingYou

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Because it is user generated I think everyone that contributes to ATS should have certain respected rights when posting material.
And part of that is having the right to post material from RT.

ATS have a lot to thank their users for, considering as soon as you post anything ATS automatically gain the MUTUAL RIGHTS over that post with you! I've known people to be accused of copy right infringment for copying and pasting their own work aha.

Heh , accused by ATS ?
That's wild
Surly it was a misunderstanding lol ... I hope so at least !
Humbly

LSH

Yes, the last one was a year or so ago for me (that I witnessed) - I have no evidence to back it up, but I have 'Observed' this forum for nearly five years now, and that is my testimony.

Fair enough and at this point I have no reason to not believe you

That could be subject to change though ....

So don't # it up

Heheh :p

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Because it is user generated I think everyone that contributes to ATS should have certain respected rights when posting material.
And part of that is having the right to post material from RT.

ATS have a lot to thank their users for, considering as soon as you post anything ATS automatically gain the MUTUAL RIGHTS over that post with you! I've known people to be accused of copy right infringment for copying and pasting their own work aha.

Heh , accused by ATS ?
That's wild
Surly it was a misunderstanding lol ... I hope so at least !
Humbly
LSH

Yes, the last one was a year or so ago for me (that I witnessed) - I have no evidence to back it up, but I have 'Observed' this forum for nearly five years now, and that is my testimony.

Fair enough and at this point I have no reason to not believe you
That could be subject to change though ....
So don't # it up
Heheh :p

I fight for truth with truth, I have no fears and no other agenda's.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Liberal1984

So your conclusion is that skepticoverlord uses ATS as a mouthpiece to slam RT (rightfully and deservedly so)....

Whats your point? Do you believe that RT is a truth beacon?

I know western news isnt truth beacons either, far from it, all news media is inaccurate to a degree. I know this from personal experience.

I got some news for you.... there is no 'truth'. You want truth? get off ATS and off TV and go out in person and see for yourself, for real! Not as a journalist or an aid worker.... go and live the life. Otherwise, dont expect it to be fed to you on a silver platter and complain that it is not the real truth!

Didnt anyone ever tell you not to believe what you see on TV?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

You can roll your eyes out the door and down the street. I would expect to always have people demand a bit of proof when accusations of that gravity are being leveled against a public business.

I am interested to insure nothing I write while I am here gets into a jam somehow, but I have seen nothing to indicate ATS has ever done something like that. When I looked at how many former members dedicate scary amounts of time to complaining about a site they do not like, I find it near impossible to imagine an example happening and those people not screaming it regularly to this day.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You can roll your eyes out the door and down the street. I would expect to always have people demand a bit of proof when accusations of that gravity are being leveled against a public business.

I am interested to insure nothing I write while I am here gets into a jam somehow, but I have seen nothing to indicate ATS has ever done something like that. When I looked at how many former members dedicate scary amounts of time to complaining about a site they do not like, I find it near impossible to imagine an example happening and those people not screaming it regularly to this day.

What you expect and what you get are two different things.
ETA: I have a 4 year documented history on this site - you do not.
edit on 12/8/2014 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

But you have a two year old account....

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Coming from Eastern Europe, as you do, you may see the world in a different way than he does. You may consider Fox/CNN etc as propaganda. You may be right. Does that preclude SO from stating his opinion?
a reply to: neformore

At this point .

SO's opinion does matter .

This is obvious by the amount of Attention this thread has gotten.

People seem to be more sensitive to his opinion.

I think most people didn't expect SO to come off like he did .

Owner of the worlds number one conspiracy site fails to address and acknowledge that other MSM outlets use propaganda and bias opinion, when the majority of the conspiracy community Acknowledges this as FACT.

This is why I think people are upset .

When your in the limelight you have to make all the right moves .

Otherwise your PR rating drops .

Lol I do applaud his honesty though

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The same can be said for expecting to be taken seriously with credibility when serious accusations are left with opinion as proof.

You are right. What we expect and what we get are often two totally different things. You had started to worry me a bit with your claim until your replies showed the nature of it.

Thanks for the replies to clarify your feelings.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Go speak to the other staff

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The same can be said for expecting to be taken seriously with credibility when serious accusations are left with opinion as proof.

You are right. What we expect and what we get are often two totally different things. You had started to worry me a bit with your claim until your replies showed the nature of it.

Thanks for the replies to clarify your feelings.

You assume you are aware of my expectations?

Tut-tut.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Coming from Eastern Europe, as you do, you may see the world in a different way than he does. You may consider Fox/CNN etc as propaganda. You may be right. Does that preclude SO from stating his opinion?
At this point .
Owner of the worlds number one conspiracy site fails to address and acknowledge that other MSM outlets use propaganda and bias opinion, when the majority of the conspiracy community Acknowledges this as FACT.

Skeptic is very much aware that his opinion influences the members of this forum, that's why he's always willing to share his opinion when the correct discourses occur.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Now now !

Play nice neffy

No dirty tatics here

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Now now !

Play nice neffy

No dirty tatics here

I haven't miss read my registry date - I'm not the one who needs to 'check their facts' lolol.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

At this point .

Skeptic is very much aware that his opinion influences the members of this forum, that's why he's always willing to share his opinion when the correct discourses occur.

I hear you !

I guess the members were expecting a king that was on par with the majority of opinion.

Now that its becoming clear that this is not the case
Its causing discord.

Maybe the members feel uncertainty now ?

Just saying

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Meh, honestly I stopped relying on major news for my information around the world after 9/11. I turned the TV on, and every damn news station that wasn't local had almost 24 / 7 coverage about that day. And it lingered on, and on for weeks.

That's when I started going to the internet for my news, found sources like Vice, Aljazeera, etc. Although Vice back then was only a subscription magazine, and Aljazeera was crude, they were both very un biased.
I still don't get how people can sit there reading entire articles on CNN or RT and think it's real, yet they have the ENTIRE internet at their disposal. I only go to CNN or big news agencies for headline news, then go else where to find different opinions and look for peoples comments on those headlines, and 90% of the time the big news guys are either WAY off from the story, or extremely biased. Generally the comments call the person out on the article.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: FlyersFan

That is a very good question so i second it.

Why should we trust RT more than other news sources?

Why should we trust ANY news sources? story tellers, my mum used to read me stories made up by the likes of Enid Blyton etc, there is no difference, watch all news channels if you are so inclined, make up your mind who is right, if you are so inclined, perhaps go to the locations and research hard fact, if you are so inclined and have the money. Bottom line ........ do not push any NEWS source as credible down MY throat ...... its all a pinch of salt and each has their own spin. In other words ....... whatever the channel .... its all BS

Good OP Liberal1984

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Fr33domPoet
DENY IGNORANCE

The ATS site no longer advocates the mindset of "Deny Ignorance" and the motto has been erradicated from all but the small print.

Advertising is more important in the money per pixel scenario.

It's up to US to continue the motto and show that we're not all goons.

Well said.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join