It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question ATS More…

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I hear you .

To be fair I am neutral on this thread .

I fully understand the OP

But I also Understand that its a privilege to use ATS , its not my website thus we must follow the rules and respect them.

However lol......

Because it is user generated I think everyone that contributes to ATS should have certain respected rights when posting material.

And part of that is having the right to post material from RT.

I was a bit surprised to be honest when I found out their was behind the scene talk about possibly banning RT from ATS ..

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
all this stuff about gatekeepers and shills really confuses me.

ATS is made up of user created content.

It is the users who create the content, the mods and owners just make sure we maintain some civility in discussion.

The only people in my view who talk about "gatekeepers and shills" are those who get butt-hurt because they don't like it when their threads/posts are "debunked" or the fall fowl of the rules because they cannot behave themselves.

Apple never falls far from the tree OSOT.

We know these Shills and sock-puppets exist - we are covering old ground - Love your collection of stars by the way.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
I was a bit surprised to be honest when I found out their was behind the scene talk about possibly banning RT from ATS ..

Add that to the LONG list of already BANNED sources... ahahahaha.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Why on earth does anybody think governments have the slightest interest in messing with the opinions of such a tiny group of people?
Self-inflated sense of own importance much?

No - It's proven fact.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ObservingYou

We know these Shills and sock-puppets exist - we are covering old ground - Love your collection of stars by the way.

They are Shiny

I like shiny things

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
all this stuff about gatekeepers and shills really confuses me.
the mods and owners just make sure we maintain some civility in discussion.

They go a few steps boyond that...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
After a while, one starts to comprehend the propaganda behemoth that has befallen mankind - there is no need to single out News Agencies or even countries.

Real Eyes.....Realize......Real Lies.

Hell, even a broke clock is right twice a day - you just have to be ready to catch it in those rare moments that "Truth" manifests itself.

It shows up in the most peculiar places - even in the enemies camp.

Question everything, listen to your instincts.

edit on 12-8-2014 by Sublimecraft because: meh

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Anyone trying to compare ATS to Russia Today needs desperately to work on their understanding of "web forum" and "international media outlet" because - frankly - its like comparing apples to coal.

ATS is an independent online forum made up of a collection of members from around the world, all of whom see things in slightly different ways and who come here to express their opinions.

Russia Today is an international cable and satellite "media outlet" running on an annual budget of circa $300million with a global reach utilising 22 satellites and over 230 operators, which provides a distribution reach to about 644 million households in more than 100 countries

Finally, - bluntly - anyone who wants to use SO's expression of his opinion about RT to carpet piss about the site and staff can feel free to log out and not come back to the site. You obviously don't like it here, so why stay around?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

edit on 0426063184286th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 0486063184886th by LightningStrikesHere because: sometimes you just mess up

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
You obviously don't like it here, so why stay around?

This one's used a lot over the years.

I'm not speaking for myself, but on behalf of others, I think's it's reasonable to assume that even is somebody didnt 'like' ATS, they may still visit the forum for infomational purposes.
edit on 12/8/2014 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Finally, - bluntly - anyone who wants to use SO's expression of his opinion about RT to carpet piss about the site and staff can feel free to log out and not come back to the site. You obviously don't like it here, so why stay around?

Forgot to add , 77 stars for the OP

Seem to disagree with SO's opinion.

That's allot of people that need to logout ......

Just saying neff...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Forgot to add , 77 stars for the OP
Seem to disagree with SO's opinion.
That's allot of people that need to logout ......
Just saying neff...

Thats a very astute observation...
ETA: I have sent you a PM LSH.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I think you have misunderstood what people are trying to say.

When a site owner says RT reports on bunch of BS, while saying nothing about CNN, BBC and others, people here including me started questioning the "independency" of ATS...Am i wrong?
edit on 253k2014Tuesdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Because it is user generated I think everyone that contributes to ATS should have certain respected rights when posting material.

ATS have a lot to thank their users for, considering as soon as you post anything ATS automatically gain the MUTUAL RIGHTS over that post with you! I've known people to be accused of copy right infringment for copying and pasting their own work aha.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Well, if they find information here that they can use, why the hell are they complaining about the forum?

"Hey, theres this resource that I find useful, its totally free and I can choose whether or not I go to it but hey, I'm gonna complain about it and piss all over the carpet"

Its like going to a Sushi restraunt when you don't like Sushi, and expecting it to be different.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingYou

ATS have a lot to thank their users for, considering as soon as you post anything ATS automatically gain the MUTUAL RIGHTS over that post with you! I've known people to be accused of copy right infringment for copying and pasting their own work aha.

Heh , accused by ATS ?

That's wild

Surly it was a misunderstanding lol ... I hope so at least !

Humbly

LSH

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Well, if they find information here that they can use, why the hell are they complaining about the forum?

"Hey, theres this resource that I find useful, its totally free and I can choose whether or not I go to it but hey, I'm gonna complain about it and piss all over the carpet"

Its like going to a Sushi restraunt when you don't like Sushi, and expecting it to be different.

It's actually very different from your 'Sushi' analogy - we are discussing information, not protein.
At risk of saying things I don't wish to held liable to say - this is where I will end this particular converstion.

ETA: Most of us don't like Obama, and we complain about him, does that mean we shouldn't listen to his speeches or policies?
Of course not, because we need to remain informed at all times and at all costs - that includes enduring things that are unpleasent.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingYou

Heh , accused by ATS ?
That's wild
Surly it was a misunderstanding lol ... I hope so at least !
Humbly

LSH

Yes, the last one was a year or so ago for me (that I witnessed) - I have no evidence to back it up, but I have 'Observed' this forum for nearly five years now, and that is my testimony.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

The question is, on a site where those other agencies you mention are routinely questioned - does he actually need to say that?

Is he not allowed to express his opinion about a particular organisation?

if it was Haaretz, or Al-Jazeera that he mentioned, would people have been making such an over dramatic fuss?

You didn't mention several other agencies in your post there - does that mean you automatically favour them?

Coming from Eastern Europe, as you do, you may see the world in a different way than he does. You may consider Fox/CNN etc as propaganda. You may be right. Does that preclude SO from stating his opinion?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

To recap, you have no support or way to back up this claim of ATS pursuing copyright against anyone for posted material?

I just want to make sure this is your personal opinion with a lack of any examples or solid case for taking it as more than that?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join