It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question ATS More…

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Mak Manto

originally posted by: ChiefD
Oh goody, another thread from someone not living in the US slamming US media......yawn.....

Yeah, like I'd rather take a ridiculous "media" like RT, Info Wars, WND, and their batty crazy ilk seriously. How anyone in their right mind can call these legit news sources is beyond me. Along with your drama laden whining as to how the ATS site owners are messed up, this smacks of star and flag whoring.

I think most people on here agree that RT isn't legit, but what they're saying is that ATS is being hypocritical in how they act.

SensiblyReckless, I like that phrase, ATS treason.

This is what I'm a bit miffed at. The staff has taken a view on how bad and biased other sites are, but ATS's # doesn't stink, and to even mention it, you're commiting ATS treason on here.

Ok, what you described is a perceived conspiracy by yourself of the site.

If I walk into a private establishment and tell the owners it stinks, then tell all the members enjoying the establishment it stinks asking them why don't they leave....... Do you get the picture?

All I have is my biased opinion forced upon others.

If I pointed out the dead mice rotting away in every dusty corner and pointed out the cockroaches and cat feces everywhere, then maybe the people would listen and the owners would clean their place up.
You come with your opinion and no irrefutable proof.

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY!

I don't know how many times I have to say this...

There's no conspiracy, people. It's about standards, and how one thing is right, but if you say it against ATS, it's wrong. That's the point I'm making.

Not that ATS is in a grand conspiracy to destroy threads because it's a tool of the government, but just because ATS staff can't handle the truth being thrown at them.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Liberal1984

The good news is we cannot hide forever. Goes for all of creation.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
All I'm gonna add is a healthy "I concur".

We are all in the lime light. I think a lot of us stay on this site because we get enjoyment out of being watched.

Hey Mr. Government, how many fingers am I holding up?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: GrantedBail

Excellent post. I smell a lot of gatekeepers around here. It makes me question this entire website. And that makes me sad.

And what the hell is a "gatekeeper"

Also if it makes you question the website why are you still here

Seriously if I suspected that ATS was "monitoring" me in some nefarious way I just quite simply would stop using this website.

That is what i do not get about all these claims that ATS is a government controlled entity, if you really truly believed that there is not a chance you would ever use the site.

I suspect theres got to be at least those paid to be watching what comes out of sites like this and youtube and such.
Hits go on to certain areas with certain clearances and then certain people get involved and organize things.

You've seen the bourne movies. Relevant agencies and the higher the "nat. security" *threat* the higher priority.

And of course they wouldn't target one of their own.

edit on 8/12/2014 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Liberal1984
In my experience RT is closer to the truth than any outlet I’ve ever found.

Well, the Russian Ministry of Mass Media's long-term plan of building affinity with specific American audiences has certainly worked well on you.

And I suppose, that caused the epic knee-jerk reaction that, just because I focused on one news organization, I must think western organizations are A-OK by omission.

The point I was making was/is/will-continue-to-be completely missed by you and other ATS members because Russia Today has fooled you into trusting it through an expert deployment of confirmation bias strategies. That's too bad. Sad really.

WOW, what a respectful way to discuss a topic. AT no point has they said they trust RT. A little unfair? I would have expected better from you.

Are you sure it isnt YOU that has been slightly hoodwinkled by the western media if you dont think they are as bad as RT?

Remember the BBC and Al Jazeera, setting up a studio set to look like green square is full of anti Ghaddafi protestors.

I fing it shocking that someone like yourself thinks RT is wny worse than the western media.

With all the BS we have seen from the western media lately, you single out RT?
edit on 12-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

Yet you accuse fellow ats'ers that dont agree with you of being fooled into believing RT, who said that??

There have been a number of threads on ATS recently regarding decorum and discussion skills, your reply is ignorant. Very ignorant.

Not only critisizing ALL members that do not agree (grest discussion skills there), but you go on to tell us our thought processes. You read minds too.
This is Ignorance in it purest form.

This are exactly the attitudes and discussion skills that are killing ATS these days. No wonder its reputation is sinking into the mud.

We need a new conspiracy site. ATS is lost.

Sad days.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
RT is propaganda for Putin, I would argue that MSNBC and Fox are propaganda for their parties. The reason certain news doesn't show up is that it's censored on the basis that it would do more harm than good. We don't have a truly free press anymore. They self censor and ally with political parties.

Sites like this have a very high noise ratio, but they also have those bits of truth you're not going to find anywhere else.

And yes, I promise you this site if monitored, it's precisely the type of environment that produces people that various federal agencies are interested in. Largely due to the fact that it's an outlet for foreign propaganda.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I agree with Liberal1984 post but with exception that RT is no worse (not better) than any other propaganda media source, which accounts for 99.9% of all media outlets.

Case being is WMD in Iraq. I'd love someone to do a count on how many times "WMD in Iraq" was mentioned on all media channels so we can identify which ones lied the most. It was like a bl**dy mantra, I am sure I would be saying wmd in Iraq in my sleep if I hadn't turned off the box in the end.

So if you deny RT propaganda then Western Propaganda wins the day. If you deny Western Propaganda then RT propaganda wins the day. One cancels out the other, the truth lies somewhere between.

But the site owner makes the rules, if people don't like it, they can vote with their feet.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Fact is this. EVERY SINGLE NEWS CHANNEL has an agenda.

Fox gets ripped to bits on ATS.
CNN Gets ripped to bits on ATS
BBC gets ripped to bits on ATS
Al Jazeera gets ripped to bits on ATS.
Haaretz gets ripped to bits on ATS
Suprise suprise... RT gets ripped to bits on ATS.

The big suprise to me is that people are somehow amazed that someone called RT out as propaganda. Of course it is. Does anyone think it was created by accident to be impartial?

Are people really that naive?

And why on earth people might get upset about it I'll never know.

The implications are that we MUST trust everyone else more, because RT is foreign, is funny indeed..

Anyone with some judgement knows that most liars that affect you are ALWAYS from within.

RT like it or not, is LEAPS AND BOUNDS more impartial than all of the garbage that is NOT getting ripped.

So you are shocked at a new level of Russian Propaganda, LOL called TELLING MORE TRUTH!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
All I'm gonna add is a healthy "I concur".

We are all in the lime light. I think a lot of us stay on this site because we get enjoyment out of being watched.

Hey Mr. Government, how many fingers am I holding up?

It would be amazing if those who watch this site are not going into a kind of crazy amusement, at the fact that they like us more all the time, we are becoming something none of them could foresee.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

In my experience RT is closer to the truth than any outlet I’ve ever found.

Well, the Russian Ministry of Mass Media's long-term plan of building affinity with specific American audiences has certainly worked well on you.

And I suppose, that caused the epic knee-jerk reaction that, just because I focused on one news organization, I must think western organizations are A-OK by omission.

The point I was making was/is/will-continue-to-be completely missed by you and other ATS members because Russia Today has fooled you into trusting it through an expert deployment of confirmation bias strategies. That's too bad. Sad really.

True sadness comes pouring out from those who can construct such a scripted response, no matter how you phrase it you are saying pick your poisons, cause that's ALL THERE IS.

EVERYONE KNOWS, that RT is a tool for propaganda, we just wish you would see that ALL ARE LIARS, and that they hold no allegiance to anything rational, EVER.

The realization must come, even for those who have been on the losing side of constant lies throughout life, that the only way to stop FEARING something, is to completely get to the bottom of it, not try and decide which one I MUST SUPPORT.

I support NONE, but the trumpets are blaring that we should fear THEM, why? When have you ever been told the truth by anything TRULY IMPORTANT here on this planet, or anywhere else ??

The ability to see things from ALL perspectives is the Ultimate Key, and siding with WEST,NORTH,SOUTH, EAST, any religious group , will ensure No Key, can even be touched, by such limitation.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Mak Manto

Not that ATS is in a grand conspiracy to destroy threads because it's a tool of the government, but just because ATS staff can't handle the truth being thrown at them.

...that's an understatement. This place is SO infested with agenda...

...it borderlines harassment.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

it will take any line automatically that is anti-western particularly if it puts America in a bad light.

don't need them for that.....

...America does that fine on it's own.

So the result of this is that anyone wanting to "prove" 9/11 was a false flag will run to the RT article just like a "OSer" will run to the telegraph.

they might site RT as a source to spark interest to continue investigating, but all you need to show 9-11 the bull it is that is, is taught science, the official reports, and facts from the official investigation.

what any broadcast states doesn't matter, it's up the the person to follow through if they are truly interested.
edit on 12-8-2014 by biffcartright because: I added more...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

completely missed by you and other ATS members because Russia Today has fooled you into trusting it through an expert deployment of confirmation bias strategies.

just as our media has 'fooled' us into believing certain things...huh!

no one can be fooled unless they allow themselves to be.....we can all do our own investigations to see what is real....or at the very least get other opinions/inputs to then make an educated decision.

what does our own media do to anyone whom questions the 'norm'....they ridicule, embarrass, cut off from fully showing their premise, leaving those watching to see a skewed, indecisive view.

just as this place has a purposeful agenda as seen in recent days....all futile....just prolonging the inevitable.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: elementalgrove

Covering certain issues is all fine .... but what makes that coverage trustworthy. That's what I"m asking. The Russian government propaganda outlet covered a few US third party candidates. So what makes people believe that the coverage was trustworthy? Coverage doesn't necessarily mean that there is no agenda and that what is being said is accurate.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I have noticed that all other conspiracy or news outlets be it main stream or alternative are ridiculed here on ATS. There is a feeling of "only our word matters" here and I think it stinks. While I have been coming here for many years pre and post membership because of the interesting information and theories people bring here I feel ATS isn't the great pool of truth I thought it was. I come here now for slightly different reasons than I used to.

I feel ATS stays within the same boundaries of truth everyone else does. By that I mean anybody can come here with opinions, stories or semi facts about something, be it true or false. But should anything of any real substance appear here that could have a serious impact then it would be removed. Accused of breaking one of the many terms and conditions and taken down. Because like most organisations ATS probably began with an excellent idea and the best intentions. Over time those intentions and the idea have taken a back seat to money and red tape imposed by authorities. Unlike a site like wiki leaks which refuses to be silenced and releases information despite threats from government, i feel ATS would fall straight into line should they be told to.

I still enjoy ATS, but hold less confidence in some of the stuff I read
edit on 1314Tuesday142014-08-12T06:14:13-05:001413 8 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I was going to make a thread the other day using the exact same Skeptic quote that the OP did.
I'm glad he/she has done it for me. It takes some balls to call out BS on ATS without being 'pushed out'.
I'm also glad to see that various 'issues' with ATS have been highlighted throughout this thread, in regards to ATS policy on negative opinions about ATS, and the VERY obvious issue of Gatekeepers that we have over here.
Bravo collectively to everyone who can cut through the BS.
The Shills and Gatekeepers have made themselves very obvious in this thread also.
What a beautiful learning curve for the forum.
edit on 12/8/2014 by ObservingYou because: Typo - Like it's any of your damn business

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I wish I could actually name ATS usernames

you don't need to. i suspect my list of 'suspect' names would closely match your own. or that of anyone paying attention. you can call this opinion my biased confirmation.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This may be a bit off topic and I am sure it will be subject to mod removal.

But I am wondering why this thread has not shown up on AboveTopSecret.com/Facebook feed ?

I mean it is front page thread ?

Maybe a mod can answer that for me . ...

Dono just curious...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
all this stuff about gatekeepers and shills really confuses me.

ATS is made up of user created content.

It is the users who create the content, the mods and owners just make sure we maintain some civility in discussion.

The only people in my view who talk about "gatekeepers and shills" are those who get butt-hurt because they don't like it when their threads/posts are "debunked" or the fall fowl of the rules because they cannot behave themselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I still find this talk of shills ridiculous. This is a website with what, a few thousands viewers of each thread on average? Maybe ten thousand active users scattered around the globe? Why on earth does anybody think governments have the slightest interest in messing with the opinions of such a tiny group of people?

Self-inflated sense of own importance much?

Also, why all the fuss? Why are people so upset that RT has been called out for being fictionalised propaganda?

There is a serious point here about confirmation-bias, that I get the feeling an awful lot of people are missing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join