It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather outside police department

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

Are you honestly so cold-hearted that you care more about damage done to replaceable goods over a human life being snuffed out prematurely?

Show me where I said this.

Tell me what point did these criminals prove by destroying their own community?
That's what I'm asking.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc

originally posted by: thesaneone
I say B.S they lost any right to demand anything after they destroyed innocent businesses in their own community, they should have started with city hall.

Oh really? Guess they should all go home then and hope that the trigger happy cop doesn't get excited on duty again.

You heard the man people, you've all been very naughty and need to call it quits and go home.

I don't agree with SaneOne, but we simply don't know if the copy was trigger happy. And neither do the people who rioted. Or the mother calling for the death penalty - although I can appreciate her personal grief may cloud things at this point.

It's very clear that there needs to be a proper, independent investigation into this incident - and it has nothing to do with race, simply that it needs to be understood under what circumstances a young man was killed by an officer's bullets.

It's the rioting I don't get. If you feel somehow that someone of your community was killed by a policeman because of his race, what does the liquor store down the road have to do with it? It's only stuff, but it's still stealing and has no relation at all to what you're angry about. Some tribute.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

If an investigation finds the officer wrongfully fired his weapon and killed the young man, then we will get his name. Right now only a handful of people or perhaps just one actually know what really happen. The officer's name needs to be withheld, his life would be in danger if his identity is leaked.

That said, I think it is imperative than an outside organization does the investigation. No reasonable person expects an internal investigation to bring out all the facts and there is a real concern for the involved police department to protect their own.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The FBI is investigating.

If that means anything anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Equality is always an invitation to supremacy. We all have to remember that. The cop should be charged with murder but if you want to make a statement, attacking a Quick Stop and Taco Bell really won't help all that much.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

There are not the only ones doing an investigation if this story is true:

disinfo.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus

I say B.S they lost any right to demand anything after they destroyed innocent businesses in their own community, they should have started with city hall.

Oh really? Guess they should all go home then and hope that the trigger happy cop doesn't get excited on duty again.

You heard the man people, you've all been very naughty and need to call it quits and go home.

I don't agree with SaneOne, but we simply don't know if the copy was trigger happy. And neither do the people who rioted. Or the mother calling for the death penalty - although I can appreciate her personal grief may cloud things at this point.

It's very clear that there needs to be a proper, independent investigation into this incident - and it has nothing to do with race, simply that it needs to be understood under what circumstances a young man was killed by an officer's bullets.

It's the rioting I don't get. If you feel somehow that someone of your community was killed by a policeman because of his race, what does the liquor store down the road have to do with it? It's only stuff, but it's still stealing and has no relation at all to what you're angry about. Some tribute.

What sentence do you think that kid would have got for killing a copper? The death penalty likely so why shouldn't the cop face the same punishment?

And I don't see how they were destroying their community by smashing up a few shops? If they burnt down houses then yeh

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Raw: Michael Brown's friend gives eyewitness account of shooting

kmov

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Wow. That is a damning testimony. I can understand why the community is so upset now. I'll probably re-watch this on the big screen later just to see if I can get a read on the body language, he seemed honest and not trying to conceal anything in my amateur assessment of his testimony.

The more I read into the case, the worse it seems. I am guessing the community and the police did not get along and this tragic event has sparked outrage.

Hopefully the residents of Ferguson, MO will calm down and let the FBI investigate. I do think it is important that they have some faith in the investigation process and justice system, even if it takes the president to address the issue.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

There's a lot going on in this issue.

I'm sure more will come out as time goes by. Until then, it is all pretty much speculation except MB is dead.
www.vox.com...
www.thetelegraph.com...:-Black-teen-killed-in-Ferguson-was-unarmed#.U-kwXPldXzE

If the residents of the area wan't to protest, that is their right. Glad to see Americans standing up for themselves. But they DO NOT have the right to burn down private property. Did the police screw up? Sure looks that way. Would this be such a big an issue if it were not pervasive? No. Were the looters helping the cause? Heck no. I was glad to see some local business owners protecting their property.
www.theblaze.com...

I have a problem with the demands made by the neighborhood.

1. Identify the Officer who shot MB: This will come in due time. If you want justice, you need to wait until the process works.

2. The Officer fired and charged with murder: The city will retain or fire the guy. I am guessing "fire" after all this. A charge of murder? A court will decide that. A mob cannot demand a verdict.

3. The release of the police handbook: Sounds fair. No issue here.

4. The Ferguson PD to mirror the demographic of the city: It begs another question, is it on the applicants or the city? An audit of their hiring records will determine that. If no qualified applicants which mirror the demographics applied, what it is the city supposed to do? If it is the other way around, the PD may have bigger problems.

A bigger question: What about PD's across the nation seemingly become more brutal? Is it a response to our culture becoming more brutal? Perhaps too passive?

However, I know none of this will gain any traction. This an emotionally charged, all-or-nothing social argument. Nothing but knee-jerk will come from it. What needs to change most likely will not be changed because the emotion will inhibit the ability of those involved to plumb necessary distinctions. Call me jaded....

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

I have a absolute ton of info on this topic, but ATS is so one sided in the conversation that its pointless to even post anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Thank you for the info you have shared so far. The testimony says a lot and it certainly appears the police officer may have been in the wrong, I do not want to jump to an assumption based on scanty evidence or emotions. I am interested in what the police dash cam recorded(if there is one).

Based on the information you have, can you speculate if the shooting was NOT justified?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

On which aspect? I, like everyone, have an opinion but I am willing to listen. Please do not let my jadedness rub off on you

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Well I have heard 3 different but similar story's from civilians. One fact is that he was unarmed, another was he was either running away or was holding his hands up surrendering both of these he was already shot once.

The story that bothers me the most is from the official report.

The officer claims a altercation inside his car were the teen was shot then ran away but the officer finished him off when he was 35 feet away from the patrol car.

I'm holding off judgement but both story's bother me, he was shot and he was either fleeing for his life or surrendering when the cop finished him off...

i have heard from locals that a woman did film the entire shooting incident but was arrested and her phone taken, but this is rumor.
edit on 11-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The reports i have seen say that he grabed the officers weapon. That is very clever wording because we think that weapon was a gun but it was mace i believe. As far as the people rioting and destroying a store there were 30 arrest made so they could only riot in their cell.

You can clearly see a can of mace on the ground in the pics released.
edit on 11-8-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
Did you look at the video of his friend who was walking with him? here is the link

Raw: Michael Brown's friend gives eyewitness account of shooting

kmov

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Op, thanks for sharing,d idn't get to catch much of this yesturday.

Yeah exactly or twiddle their thumbs ranting on FB at the comfort of a cozy home.

edit on 11-8-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Photo: Tear gas overtakes streets in Ferguson, Mo., amid unrest following fatal shooting of teenager by police - @mattdpearce

Getting ugly again tonight! Rubber bullets and tear gas being used.

Twitter feed from the front lines -
mobile.twitter.com...
edit on 11-8-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Its about time. Now, for every single death outside of the black community, for the children at school, for the boy who answered the door with a video game controller in his hand, for the countless murders, and shootings of pets, WHY IS THIS NOT THE TYPICAL RESPONSE, CROWDS DOWN AT THE COP SHOP IN LOUD PROTEST WITH BULLHORNS?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Can't believe you got stars for that. THIS IS LIFE AND DEATH AND A GRASS ROOTS PEOPLE THAT HAD NO OTHER RECOURSE TO SHAKE THE TREE.

They certainly have ALL RIGHT TO MAKE DEMANDS< WE ALL DO< WE OWN THIS JOINT AND THEY WORK FOR US!

Businesses versus a life, scale please. I know the way the world works, all the bankers have really stringent laws against harming property but rape, murder, torture and mayhem, they don't care.

Well sorry, its opposite. Turn that around please! Thank you very much!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join