It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the wide world of sports are these? Scary hairy things :O

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

Good job, i think you got it spot on

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
What surface is that on? It looks a bit like a mold called brown stemonitis.

Have a brownie my friend ok have a star instead!
Perfect fit!
edit on 12-8-2014 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
As another pointed out, its a fungus/mold thing. I've seen it on old dead wood here. If you disturb it, it goes into a puff of dust/spores/whatever. I wouldn't breathe it in haha

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wait....what's going on?! Did he poke it with a stick yet?!!
I don't want to miss it!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
That's obviously a

Terra firma foliage concoctus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here ya go..

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&channel=rcs&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei =3BvqU6vPJ4vrigLu4oCIAQ&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=763

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Gasoline and a match... Then more gasoline and more matches until there's nothing but a pile of ash. Maybe some motor oil for long burning. Just kill the dawn things before they take over! What was that one movie where the meteor hits in the guys yard and slowly covers everything with fuzz? Creepshow? Or one of those?

Evolution...better kill it now, before it turns into this!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Poke it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Driftwood is full of nasty stuff. I boil it before putting in the aquarium/terrarium.

It may have been ok in the house, weather/humidity probably kick started the growth.

I agree with Philippines it could release dust/spores.

Personally I couldn't resist poking it with a stick. I'd keep the thing down wind, pour bleach on it then poke it with a stick. Most likely it'll turn to goo, put the driftwood in a garbage can/soak it in boiling water or boil the whole thing over an open fire. It'll keep coming back if you don't treat it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
What surface is that on? It looks a bit like a mold called brown stemonitis.
Bingo! That has to be it. After reading the various sources on this stuff, it seems that is the most likely candidate. The sticky secretion fits as well. Thanks for the reply!

Now I'll get out by mold spore poking stick and satisfy the mad sadists of ATS LOL

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hit it with a shovel. If it bites you, it's probably an animal, if it just splits in two, it's probably vegetable. If it does both, you have a problem and may have doomed humanity......

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Splash a little milk on it.

Dust it with some flour and corn meal.

Throw it in a deep fat fryer until it floats for a few seconds.

Get a glass of red wine.

Have dinner.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I was hopig for this sorta thing

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Did you poke that bastard yet?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I can hear the chant of the growing crowd: "(Poke-It-With-A-Stick!) (Poke-It-With-A-Stick!)"

Easy for them to say, they're all miles away from "ground zero"

If you're not in a hurry to risk all of humanity, I'd suggest you consult a local professor. You could probably just send an e-mail to see if anyone is interested. It is probably a common fungus, but you never what those guys might find interesting.

BTW: If you do decide to poke it with a stick, make sure you get an HD video of it. You know...just in case something does emerge and dissolve you into alien food paste.

Dex

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I had something like that in my yard last spring. When I broke it open it was full of larvae. I think its from mud dobbers.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Glad to see so many pro stick people. I think it's an ATS thing.

Poking things with sticks was crucial to human development. Brave men/women throughout history have not only poked things with sticks, they tasted whatever oozed out.

If not for those brave souls we wouldn't have medicine or such a diverse menu.

Abandoning such ancient methods has spawned generations of sissy humans who've lost the stick poking desire. Now scientists poke things with sticks for us. Oh the humanity.

We all need to rediscover our stick poking ways. Start with bugs/icky stuff while we work our way to the big nasty, politicians.

edit on 8-13-2014 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
in a one Russian village, no one had cancer entire village drank tea from chaga in Russian version this article en.m.wikipedia.org... chaga prirodasibiri.ru... seemed mtdata.ru...

edit on 14/8/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yeah I'm gonna go with mold or fungus. I like the color it's pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Cynic

I have to agree smacking it with a shovel rather than poking it with a stick would be a bit more scientific.

Hey it works in the Walking dead

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join