It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All I want for Christmas is an Rossi E-Cat, a BLP Sun Cell, and an EM Drive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It seems like this year will be landmark in energy technology.

Andrea Rossi has been hard at work developing the latest and greatest in heating solutions, the E-Cat.

Randall Mills has been making demonstrations of the power of the plasma, the Sun Cell.

And our boys at NASA decided the EM Drive has "anomalous" thrust.

All these great inventions seems to be running the lap of January to December and the finish line is finally in sight. Just a few more months and we should see a whole new energy and transportation grid develop.

I'm excited, are you excited? I know your excited.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

Only if they find a way to kill off all the oil & gas energy conglomerates first!
They will fight with their last breath before making these system commonly accessible to any of us.

But that doesn't mean we can't do it ourselves!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Not my area of expertise but isn't the Rossi one pretty much a proven hoax?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think it will be 50 years before the power paradigm changes. You look at these things like it could revolutionize today's world but in reality the big boys laugh at those toys, after they've redirected them. haha lol

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

Only if they find a way to kill off all the oil & gas energy conglomerates first!
They will fight with their last breath before making these system commonly accessible to any of us.

But that doesn't mean we can't do it ourselves!

If consumers start making them themselves they will label them terrorist and raid their homes. Theywill say its Un patriotic to make your own infinite fuled engine,or to live off the grid using a free to use tech.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I guess my solution to the. . . unemployment problem isn't going to work then, damn!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Don't get to hopeful about the EM drive. The report said they experienced the same results with the test when they disabled the drive. That means or should mean that their test was flawed in some way.

You know. If their instruments were telling them their was some thrust being measured even when the drive was off/dissabled then there is definitely something wrong somewhere.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
EM Drive.

Dr White's presentation to the Mars Society Symposium

starts at about 22 minutes on the third video down. Day two of the symposium.

The first part is on the Warp bubble detection effort. then he goes into excruciating detail on the Schayer EM drive testing they did. you get everything about the test. the null articles and every thing. you just have to put up with crappy sound quality, some d0od dying of TB in the background, and an angle that makes most of the slides unreadable.

new.livestream.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

no. not to my knowledge. (It's been about a year since i looked into it) but at that time Rossi had finally consented to independent testing. the problem is Rossi did not make it easy to believe him at least up until that time. however he has spoken of commercial contracts with various entities to include entities in the united states.

Rossi may be a hoax. lots of people think he is. he did present the profile of the typical hoaxer for a long time. but lets be honest here; people are panning the EM drive that has NASA confirmation as well as confirmation of similar devices by several different universities and private individuals. i looked at their critiques and they were saying they didn't do stuff that the papers and the conferences proved that they did in terms of controlling for false positives and sources of error. it is the critics that are being unreasonable when it comes to the EM drive. So that makes me wonder about the Rossi critics. not of his suspicious behavior (thats a legitimate issue) but of their science reasoning.

edit on 11-8-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Academics are critical of the em drive because the testing to date is FAR from conclusive, yet the press release (and supporters on this forum) make it out to be a done deal.

Academics are critical of Rossi's "testing" because it was neither transparent nor independent

Tbh I'm not seeing the link between the two here.
edit on 11-8-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Don't get to hopeful about the EM drive. The report said they experienced the same results with the test when they disabled the drive. That means or should mean that their test was flawed in some way.

You know. If their instruments were telling them their was some thrust being measured even when the drive was off/dissabled then there is definitely something wrong somewhere.
Thats not exactly true. the ygot a small signal with the null tests. but this was part of a small systemic issue. it's not the same as confirming the null hypothesis. The largest part of the thrust signal appears to be genuine.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Academics are critical of the em drive because the testing to date is FAR from conclusive, yet the press release (and supporters on this forum) make it out to be a done deal.

Academics are critical of Rossi's "testing" because it was neither transparent nor independent

incorrect. testing on the device has been very good. especially if oyu youcount variations on the theme by several different inventors and testing egimes. E.G; Dr Woodward's tests involved a faraday cage torsion ballance and a .5 milliTorr vacuum environment.

the results for all of these are satisfactorally above Sigma results. the signals in the null for the shayer test were significantly smaller than the energized legittest article. it's down to a fractional systemic error that they accounted for. some of the null article testing produced no signal. you should watch Dr White's presentation of the Shayer device. it addresses these issues.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The testing is not conclusive. Nasa have preliminary identified tiny "anomalous thrust". Anomalous being the operative word, here. Just like how the LHC team preliminary identified faster than light neutrinos that turned out to be not-so-FTL. Preliminary results are far from settled science. There's countless reasons for anomalous results, to call the results so far "very good" is taking a premature leap of faith. Let science take its course before opening the bottle of champagne.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

i watched some of these academics critiquing the various EM drives. LOL. in short the academics were accusing the testers of not doing things the testers clearly did. they didn't do this. um yes they did. it says so right here... they didn't because it violates the laws of physics! no it doesn't. the academics were full of it. they were woefully ignorant of the details of the tests but went with thier mental image of what had to have happened anyway. Iwas and am singularly unimpressed by the armchair critics on this.

as to Rossi he may be a snake oil salesman. his behavior surely was suspicious. at the same time he appears to be straightening out WRT independant testing and if he really has commercial contracts then that pretty much puts the kibosh on the fraud claims if they are to the degree he claims. an independent commercial entity in the US would not be silent if they received worthless junk to test. and an EU based commercial utility likewise would be suing his ass off and blasting him on and in every media available.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The Randell Mills SunCell is no more real than any of his previous scams.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The testing is not conclusive. Nasa have preliminary identified tiny "anomalous thrust". Anomalous being the operative word, here. Just like how the LHC team preliminary identified faster than light neutrinos that turned out to be not-so-FTL. Preliminary results are far from settled science. There's countless reasons for anomalous results, to call the results so far "very good" is taking a premature leap of faith. Let science take its course before opening the bottle of champagne.

actually i just watched Dr White give a presentation on it to the Mars society. He differs with your assessment of the experiments.

furthermore; it may have escaped your attention but the purpose of the test was not to formalize an answer as to why there was thrust. it was to verify that thrust existed and to eliminate probable sources of error. they did that. anomalous thrust is a legitimate and acceptable result. we wanted anomalous. that was the whole fooking point.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Just a few more months and we should see a whole new energy and transportation grid develop.

Is this statement sarcasm or just naive optimism?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Anyone who believes Randell Mills ought to read this.

www.villagevoice.com...

An interview from 1999, that's 15 YEARS ago.

Mills says that with this new understanding he's produced clean and limitless energy and an entirely new class of materials and plasma that will reshape every industry in the coming decade.

Yes, that's the "coming decade" that ended in 2009, five years ago.

Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. is considering a public offering of BlackLight Power stock in 2000.

Would that be the same IPO that is still being discussed as possibly happening this year, next year, sometime, never?

"I'll have demonstrated an entirely new form of energy production by the end of 2000," Mills responds. "If Dr. Kaku has escaped our universe through a wormhole by then, I'll send my first $1000 in profits to his new address."

"By the end of 2000"? Still waiting. "Profits"? Still waiting.

This is the longest-running free-energy scam in history.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
maybe we won't have to wait for this:

www.helionenergy.com...

Helion is an almost aneutronic fusion scheme with direct coversion of alpha particle plasma into electricity. no steam turbines required.
edit on 11-8-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

E-Cat is a proven hoax. Rossi has been caught in so many lies I don't think he is even trying any more.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join