It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky-Walkers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
In Eastern tradition there are a class of beings known as the Dakini that manifest from the void as pure energy and thought form that some see as wrathful and dangeous, to be avoided, while there are schools of practise that seek total assimilation with them.

In Tibetan Buddhism khandroma is a type of female spirit. The name translates as 'she who traverses the sky' or 'she who moves in space' or, more poetically, as 'sky walker' or 'sky dancer It translates the tantric concept of dakini , derived from a figure of medieval Hindu legend , a female imp in the train of Kali who feeds on human flesh They are comparable to malevolent or vengeful female spirits, deities, imps or fairies in other cultures.

Although dakini figures appear in Hinduism and in the Bön tradition, dakinis occur most notably in Vajrayana Buddhism and play a particular role in Tibetan Buddhism. There the dakini, generally of volatile or wrathful temperament, acts somewhat as spiritual muse (or inspirational thoughtforms) for spiritual practice.

Dakinis basically represent manifestations of energy in female form, the movement of energy in space. In this context, the sky or space indicates Shunyata, the insubstantiality of all phenomena, which is, at the same time, the pure potentiality for all possible manifestations. And the movements of their dance signify the movements of thoughts and the energy spontaneously emerging from the nature of mind therefore, they are usually depicted as dancing.

There are much earlier parallels to this in Near Eastern thought with regards to the Cult of Inanna who had under her control a class of vengeful spirits that could enter in through the window at night and cause derangement of mind, the archetype of the succubus, but then again there were also classes of spirit that it was seem as desirable to be possesed by, the supplicant asks for the protection of the Sedu which precedes the goddess, and the lamassu which follows her

"may a Sedu spirit and a lamassu spirit be attached to me"

"at the casting of her eyes flourish well-being, pride, splendor, lamassu (and) Sedu spirits."

In Tantric practise progression is toward the Dakini becoming corporeal.

The secret class of dakini is Prajnaparamita or voidness, the empty nature of reality.

The inner class of dakini is the dakini of the mandala, a meditational deity.

The outer dakini is the physical form of the dakini, attained by Tantric practices that work with the winds of the subtle body.

Outer-outer dakini is a dakini in human form, being associated with energy in all its functions.

There was thought to be a land were the Dakini originated from, or at least the spiritual practises associated with them, were generally they delighted in Dakini type activities.

Oḍḍiyāna is either conflated or identified with Shambhala, a land inhabited by dakinis and inaccessible to or by ordinary mortals - a beyul "hidden land"

At certain times, the Dakinis, riding through the sky on the backs of wild animals and led by their queen, gather in the cemetery or cremation ground on the mountain and dance naked around their bubbling cauldron. The predominant symbolism here is lunar rather than solar; it is nighttime rather than daytime. The symbolism is chthonic, belonging to the earth and the underworld, rather than celestial and belonging to heaven. In general, the iconography of the Anuttara Tantras is characterized by the presence of these witches or Dakinis and by these demonic wrathful deities. In the Lower Tantras, wrathful deities occasionally appear, but they play a secondary and subservient role as body-guards and doorkeepers. However, in the Anuttara Tantras these banned figures come to step forward and stand in the center of the Mandala

Generally if any sort of weirdness was sensed to be felt it was put down to the presence of Dakini tinkering with the space time ccontinuum;

Dakinis are often connected to the phenomena of synchronicity and inexplicable coincidences of fate These encounters often have a quality of sharp, incisive challenge to the fixed conceptions of the practitioner, flights of spiritual insight, ecstasy, and freedom from worldliness granted by the realization of emptiness.

Amusingly in Japan they related the Dakini to the fox spirit Kitsune and were more likely to try and inflict Dakini on their neighbours;

In early modern times the Dakini rite devolved into various spells called Dakini-ten. People who felt wronged in their village could go to a corrupt yamabushi who practiced black magic, and get him to trap a kitsune and cause it to possess a third party. Reports of possession became especially common in the Edo and Meiji periods.

Wisdom Dakinas-Passionate and wrathful

Dakini-The Goddess who takes form as a woman

A very interesting class of beings then, order yours online today...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Rather sounds like an "anthropomorphic" representation of the quantum vacuum doesn't it? Chaotic, the opposite of what one may expect, something from nothing. Nice. I refer of course to the following:

Dakinis basically represent manifestations of energy in female form, the movement of energy in space. In this context, the sky or space indicates Shunyata, the insubstantiality of all phenomena, which is, at the same time, the pure potentiality for all possible manifestations.

And of course this:

Dakinis are often connected to the phenomena of synchronicity and inexplicable coincidences of fate These encounters often have a quality of sharp, incisive challenge to the fixed conceptions of the practitioner, flights of spiritual insight, ecstasy, and freedom from worldliness granted by the realization of emptiness.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
S&F

Sorry I dont have the energy to read this now, but I know this is important to my own understandings of things.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

It does, very much so, the emergence of the all singing and dancing Dakini from the quantum void, that has pre-existence only as a possibility, that are dreamt into being, with the potential to develop into corporeal form through symbiotic relationship or parasitical depending on one's point of view regarding the general usefulness of Dakini.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i hadnt heard about this before today
thanks for teaching me about this

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt
It seems that something coming from nothing, or the quantum vacuum, is quite the news lately is it not? I'm thinking primarily of the EM engine that has been all over the place. So then, once again the ugly (to the historians) idea that perhaps our elders knew more than we think raises its head. Interesting times we live in.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Sorry, trying to read this because reasons. I have a question tho, the first quote says

a female imp in the train of Kali

is that the goddess Kali or the demon of the same name? I would guess the goddess, but it does say they are malevolent.

I'm new to Hindu belief system, and might have mixed them up once before

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF
I would guess Kali the demon, although Kali the godess is also associated with death and blackness, but I am no expert there.
It would seem logical given that a train of female deities would follow a demon in male form, and Kali is male as a demon. Hope the OP can clear this up.

edit on 11-8-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

There are certainly two ways of looking at all of this, the Hindu associations with wrathful Kali or Durgha presents a scenario were the Dakini will derange one's mind, consume one's flesh perhaps in the case of full possesion toward self destruction and generally drink from one's skull, which they collect and can be seen wearing.

This does have correspondence with Near Eastern tradition and the cult of Inanna sending forth her spiritual diplomatic service toward the same ends, derangement and destruction of individuals that have transgressed in wrathful mode, the Tibetan traditions look toward a symbiotic relationship with the Dakini directly relating to 'enlightenment', union with cosmic energies and thought forms, looking toward positive relationship.

The relation of this messenger to the goddess obviously parallels that of dusk Bararitu,“evening watch” to evening star a manifestation of Ishtar. In the hymn to the Queen of Nippur the goddess punishes a sinner by putting Bararitu on on his case as her representative, the latter fulfils her assignment by deranging the sinner’s mind

Thus “She who comes at dusk” visualizes Ishtar's bad mood “wrath”and its verbal expression “hostile words”, and communicates them to mankind, as the embodiment of an atmospheric phenomenon and a member of Ishtar’s court, she must be found among the unidentified winged nude goddesses of the period. If so, she would closely resemble the spirit of the South Wind and the harpy-like figure of the Burney Relief.

Ishtar’s other high-profiled messenger Kilili,reveals a character trait of the being’s Akkadian counterpart,since together with Abbasusu (“She who spills through the window”), Abtagigi(“She who retires from the window”), and 15 other deities she constitutes Ishtar’s diplomatic service; eighteen in all, they are her “messengers.

I think in these matters they certainly understood more than present and dealt with them as a society through ritual and religious practise, rather than leaving individuals that encounter such phenomena in a confused state of mind and seeking answers from unreliable sources.
edit on Kam831222vAmerica/ChicagoMonday1131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

s&f

It is interesting that the eastern religions have all of these beings.

I find the part about spirits attaching themselves very interesting.
I have never really read up on Hinduism, or Buddhism, but the times I have, when I come across information like this, I am always amazed that much of it mirrors my own experiences.

Spirits can and do attach themselves,
and I think spirit guides are often "attached" to a person.

Anyways, I hope to dig into this thread later after work!
Awesome!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

It was probably held that an individual would always have some relationship to this Feminine archetype, this could be experienced as wrathful, directing that individual in the general direction of the void, or positive wherein with the case of the Sedu and Lammasu spirits that follow and precede, an individual finds themselves within a little magical quantum bubble as it were, in a sense of living for the moment and situations developing seemingly out of nowhere, involving such phenomena as synchronicty and a general sense of feeling connected, a fairytale type scenario.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It seems clear to me that the internet has become, in a way, our Shaman, our giver of knowledge. One would think and expect that over time, given that the internet is STILL in its infancy, new Shaman would appear, giving the truth as it is relevant to our everyday lives. I for one hope that this is the case. Whether it be scientific or spiritual, which in many cases do seem to coincide, I am enjoying the ride, and the enlightenment.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

So my question is...

Do you have a personal relationship with Dakini and if so tell us of that experience.
And how did you make contact with this supernatural being/beings.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Synchronicity and the quantum vacuum, what an absolutely bizarre idea
Causality and such would suggest it's impossible, however we are but children in the garden of men lol.

edit on 11-8-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

It was probably held that an individual would always have some relationship to this Feminine archetype, this could be experienced as wrathful, directing that individual in the general direction of the void, or positive wherein with the case of the Sedu and Lammasu spirits that follow and precede, an individual finds themselves within a little magical quantum bubble as it were, in a sense of living for the moment and situations developing seemingly out of nowhere, involving such phenomena as synchronicty and a general sense of feeling connected, a fairytale type scenario.

What if you changed the magical quantum bubble to energy field that attracts and detracts incompatible things/people causing synchronicity to occur the higher the energy field gets? The higher the field the higher the ability to change the fate of everything. These fields will of course like single butterflies flapping their wings create bigger changes to all creation when the fields intermingle with each other.

Can not telepathy be seen as manifesting by bending fate/creating synchronicity so that the information exists in the other persons consciousness?
edit on 11-8-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yet another fascinating thread! Not sure if this relates at all, but it possibly does represent the union sometimes sought/experienced by the mystic. This whole vid is fascinating, but really ramps up and becomes something very exceptional as the oracles become overshadowed by the "spirits."

Hope you don't mind me linking the following thread, but it's one that I'd like to see more discussion on (from you for one) as it fascinates me.

Dalai Lama Consults Trance Channeled Entities!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
It seems clear to me that the internet has become, in a way, our Shaman, our giver of knowledge. One would think and expect that over time, given that the internet is STILL in its infancy, new Shaman would appear, giving the truth as it is relevant to our everyday lives. I for one hope that this is the case. Whether it be scientific or spiritual, which in many cases do seem to coincide, I am enjoying the ride, and the enlightenment.

The information need to be on the level of the student so that the student can handle it. I know that I have been given information at the wrong time (to early) and therefor could not handle it well. It is all about the right information at the right time.

Namaste

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

What if you changed the magical quantum bubble to energy field that attracts and detracts incompatible things/people causing synchronicity to occur the higher the energy field gets? The higher the field the higher the ability to change the fate of everything. These fields will of course like single butterflies flapping their wings create bigger changes to all creation when the fields intermingle with each other.

Can not telepathy be seen as manifesting by bending fate/creating synchronicity so that the information exists in the other persons consciousness?

Perhaps the problem here is the wish to control? Simply through experience I have personally found the desire to control to be a rather abject and unproductive desire. Just my opinion.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Jonjonj because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I see this as an all pervasive phenomena, everywhere and nowhere and pretty much at the same time, so i think everyone has a relationship to Dakini, how that manifests varies according to the individual, for some seemingly an entirely negative experience, for others quite positive, the majority indifference through unawareness and insensitivity, but the relationship is entirely natural, in psychological terms it is understood as the Anima but that term and tradition tends to minimize the magical qualities of the phenomena observed in earlier cultures.

Again certainly true, the internet facilitates an overview of global esoteric traditions, thus it takes one all embracing network to know another, as it were...

a reply to: LittleByLittle

That can be experienced a localized inter-connected spiritual network, in which you find yourself not only aware of what a person is going to say before they actually do so, but realize that through your own actions you are going to influence and determine what they are going to say or do, at which point you are fully aware of the system and in serious danger of losing your own individuality, so that all gets a bit heavy, but that's enlightenment for you, absolute synchronicity.
edit on Kpm831222vAmerica/ChicagoMonday1131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Perhaps the problem here is the wish to control? Simply through experience I have personally found the desire to control to be a rather abject and unproductive desire. Just my opinion.

Are you talking about desire to control everything that exists or have some control over your destiny and not have to put of with things you do not want to experience?

If we are talking about consciousness on a global level then studies have already shown that people that push energy can manipulate and change violent tendencies in a group not themselves so that the violent tendencies become lesser. Whether it is right or wrong to remove the free will or limit it to be violent by using intention->manifestation I leave to everyone to have their own opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join