It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incoming space junk/meteor over Perth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
About 10 minutes ago I saw a bright falling spot of light over the Swan River in Perth. The sun is setting, and I'm in Como looking Southwest toward Applecross. The object appeared to be travelling south at about 45 degrees in the sky.
If anyone is able to find any info it would be appreciated.
I'm on Perth time currently which I think is gmt +8, and I'm on my phone so searching ability is limited.
Attached is a photo taken seconds after I saw the light which I estimate was 18:03.

I was surprised to see the object as there's so much visible light.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

get ready for the down under jokes....might wanna flip that photo...ive been seeing so many shooting starts here over the last week or so,some real rippers too..im on the queensland/nsw border

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
About 10 minutes ago I saw a bright falling spot of light over the Swan River in Perth. The sun is setting, and I'm in Como looking Southwest toward Applecross. The object appeared to be travelling south at about 45 degrees in the sky.
If anyone is able to find any info it would be appreciated.
I'm on Perth time currently which I think is gmt +8, and I'm on my phone so searching ability is limited.
Attached is a photo taken seconds after I saw the light which I estimate was 18:03.

I was surprised to see the object as there's so much visible light.

So that's what 'down under' looks like.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

get ready for the down under jokes....might wanna flip that photo...r

Doh!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Yes definitely flip the pic mate, it's hard to tell what to look at. Anyway, keep us updated about what it might be, I'll do the same.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Do you guys see the perseids meteor showers that are happening about this time? I saw a few last night about 11pm here in the UK, but it was dark

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

As you said it is just about time for the Perseids, as well as the end of the Delta Aquarids and a few other minor events, could be that.

edit on 11-8-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Yeah I imagine that's what he saw, on a clear night I think there's about 60 meteors an hour if your looking for the perseids

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Your report contained ALL the critical information we hope to see, in a timely manner. It should serve as an inspirational example to the planet. Mega kudos, and thank you.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm not even going to bother going outside and looking up.
2nd.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The Perseid meteor shower isn't visible from the Southern Hemisphere I'm afraid.

Ok I lie, you may see the odd meteor from it, but not at 6pm and probably only on the 13th at its peak.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Here you go...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The full moon is illuminating the sky so much can hardly see stars let alone meteorites.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

what color was the object or meteor as it traveled through the sky? Sounds stupid but I have a reason for asking.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Salmon color
xD

-x-

I can't see the object >.<
Could you zoom or outline? Thank you!
edit on 11-8-2014 by Yuuma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Yuuma

I almost fell for that!!! Hehe.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

It was the same colour as any standard run of the mill shooting star, just a white light.

I'm pretty sure it was a meteor, having seen a flaming piece of space junk in Melbourne moving at a much slower pace just a month ago.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

AH. I was hoping it was green or dull yellow.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

mate; I heard the boom from the northern burbs

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Of interest, I spoke to one of my brothers this evening, and he says he saw a meteorite flying quite low over the Swan River in the middle of the day. My own sighting was low in the sky, with visible light, but not in full sunlight.

new topics

top topics

join