It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Divers check 120 Miles of Coastline and almost everything is dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
All of you are really silly. There have been huge problems with the ocean long before Fukashima.

The FIRST thing you need to learn is how to spell 'Fukushima'.

The second is, there's NO PRECEDENT for the die-offs, beachings, collapsed fisheries, and species extinctions most likely happening because of the hundreds of tons of tritium DAILY thats been spewing, NON STOP for three and a half years into the Pacific Ocean.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
So they have a video showing you all the sea life that they DIDN'T see? I only watched about 5 minutes of it but it seemed silly.

Here is a picture or kelp, we didn't see any
Here is a picture of this creature, we didn't see any of those either.
Here is a picture of _____, we didn't see any of those here.

Is there actually video of the empty sea floor?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
sad video
this world is effed up

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Safe to say, none of us are there diving around ourselves... but the thought that years of contamination means nothing is a joke. Do we forget so soon?
Chernobyl Disaster - Before & After

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
So they have a video showing you all the sea life that they DIDN'T see? I only watched about 5 minutes of it but it seemed silly.

I guess to someone living in the middle of the desert it looks normal.

Intertidal zones should be teeming with hundreds of species instead of the four he mentioned.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

yes plenty....admittedly hard to watch i can understand why you didnt bother

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Have to blow your theory Boncho... although what you say is correct for the most part this isn't what's causing this...

check it out... www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca... df

Pdf in regards to the water in the region, if you know anything about this stuff anything living in there is used to some pretty serious fluctuations in "salinity" "temperature" and "nutrient density"...

These are hardy creatures, way up on the list of what would survive ocean changes, everything in there is used to what as an aquarium owner would kill any of my tanks, big, big fluctuations of conditions...

And I can see nothing of any real changes in temperature or anything else

And people don't fish for starfish and anemone's etc, etc...

No

I'm sorry but there is a definitive causation here of "something" and it's not radiation... I don't think at least, the area features a deep water replenishment system as well as substantial fresh water entering at times of the year... in other words this area gets 2 sources of water... one is from deep down where you would expect much radioactive material at this point and time and the other from the surrounding mountains which in theory would freshen it up a bit from radiation even if for some reason the deep current is bringing in material... But again, this water freshens up really well...

Another factor here is that your dealing with Organisms that tolerate radiation fairly well particularly plants, the Ocean is loaded with natural Uranium in far higher concentrations than anything Fukushima should have added to the system at this point in time... and the Earth has had it's moments of being besieged with cosmic rays and stuff and whatever we have that lives in the sunlight exposed surface water has some degree of adaptation to such events..particulate contamination can't be remotely high enough and ionizing factors shouldn't be such a big deal to most plant life...

I have to lean to a biological origin, something new in the environment... a sea plague of sorts

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

your link gave me a 404 error any others ?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca...

Here, just cut and paste into browser....

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

All of you are really silly. There have been huge problems with the ocean long before Fukashima.

The second is, there's NO PRECEDENT for the die-offs, beachings, collapsed fisheries, and species extinctions most likely happening because of the hundreds of tons of tritium DAILY thats been spewing, NON STOP for three and a half years into the Pacific Ocean.

It's not tritium, it would largely be passed out of the plants as Oxygen

Plants tend to absorb Tritium during sunlight hrs and of course to a greater degree when younger, but it takes a lot of tritium to screw the the reproductive cycle of a plant, one of the concerns around Fukushima and other Nuclear plants is that they uptake it and don't die... thus ending up on out plates, even local to the plant where the water is being released the kelp hasn't really died leaving concerns.

Definitely not tritium

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

double post srry
edit on 11-8-2014 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I watched it...but.. his proof is that photos from lush underwater reefs don't match the shoreline when the tides out.
he says he's been doing the diving for years and years and its his life and whats happening now is like nothing that's ever occurred.. so.. with all those years under his belt..

Why didn't he prove all his claims and show a photo of a normal low-tide beach side by side with a photo of today's desolate low-tide beach?

yes, he's right it looks bare, grey and lifeless.. but i cant compare it to anything ?

the mussels being in patches is unusual, its like its the only place that can support life..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

cheers

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

And the control is a bunch of pictures the YouTube posters cut into their video? Where's the data you have to back your conviction?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I watched it...but.. his proof is that photos from lush underwater reefs don't match the shoreline when the tides out.

Eh?

He said nothing of the sort!

There never were "reefs" in the Straits of Georgia.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Where's the data you have to back your conviction?

You need to do some serious homework.

At least now you know the right word to google.

You're welcome.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Regenstorm

How can anyone take a site called the the nuclear proctologist seriously

Sounds to me like he has his finger up his a...
edit on 11-8-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

How can anyone take a site called the the nuclear proctologist seriously

Sounds to we like he has his finger up his a...

"Take it" any way you like, Sybil.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I too live in bc on the coast. This seems like a farce. I think there is some dissinformation here. I haven't notice any mass die off of most of our wildlife. I would not believe this.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join