It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I did hear some idiot posted on his Facebook "looted Jordan's all Sizes"

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dawgishly
a reply to: cerbium

84% of whites murdered were killed by another white. But I got pretty damn upset when that white couple down in TN was kidnapped, rapped and murdered by a gang of blacks. I would be off my rocker if it happened in the south side of Chicago and the blacks were not a gang but police officers who were let off with a reprimand and two weeks docked pay by the black police chief. And this was the fourth or fifth time it happened this year.

So 1. You have to be able to understand where others are coming from in this world man. 2. Ever damn one of the rioters was there because they had misplaced rage from what had happened that night. They all knew the kid was one of the few kids to get to college and keep his nose clean in that environment. In fact, that was precisely why they were rioting. It wasn't because cops killed a black kid. It was cops even will kill the "good black kid" over nothing.

You are seriously over-thinking their motivations.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
And no what I'm saying is when peaceful protest don't work violent protests is all that's left

And considering the bypassed peaceful protest and went right for looting what is your excuse now?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They have seen how peaceful protest didn't work on countless occasions and thought to hell with it

Like I am with this conversation with you as you are now boring me, with you're omg there looting crap

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And no what I'm saying is when peaceful protest don't work violent protests is all that's left

And considering the bypassed peaceful protest and went right for looting what is your excuse now?

They bypassed peaceful protest and went right to looting in New Orleans before Hurricane Katrina struck.... mainly because there was nothing to protest.
They are simply taking advantage of the situation to loot. They are thieves.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

or the team attempted to reach for the cops gun and rightfully got shot.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

And you know all of these "innocent" people are in fact innocent?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

They have seen how peaceful protest didn't work on countless occasions and thought to hell with it

Did they tell you that via telepathy? Your juvenile statement is rather at odds with the law abiding citizens who were actually out peacefully protesting the situation and not behaving like marauding animals by looting and burning their own neighborhood.

Like I am with this conversation with you as you are now boring me, with you're omg there looting crap

In case you missed the thread title, it is about looting and rioting which, by your statements, are acceptable behaviors to affect societal change.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: UberL33t

Many in the Black Culture are just looking for a reason to revolt and riot. The role models and parents have failed on an epic level. It is wide spread and I believe it is as high as 50% of the Black population.

LA riots.....Katrina......Detroit......Snap cards spending spree....Knock out game.....Now this. When will real leaders rise up and lead the Black culture away from this. Mr. King we need you.

the hitting of the nail on the head has been said.. thank you

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: f4rwest

Only one witness, the shooter, claims this.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Did they tell you that via telepathy? Your juvenile statement is rather at odds with the law abiding citizens who were actually out peacefully protesting the situation and not behaving like marauding animals by looting and burning their own neighborhood.

In case you missed the thread title, it is about looting and rioting which, by your statements, are acceptable behaviors to affect societal change.

Yes they are in my books

Arab spring comes to mind Ukraine maybe? But that would be ok because there not blacks right

Oh and there was no reports of looting on the second night of protests but the police still opened fire with rubber bullets and tear gas

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

I can see riots like this happening with greater frequency in the future. First of all the violence broke out before a planned rally and vigil for the victim got underway. I would be willing to bet that a fair amount of the people attending this event knew the victim or at least knew of him. Others from the community possibly would have attended for simple, supportive, and understandable reasons.

One has to wonder if the police overreacted by calling in officers from all over the county to monitor this rally/vigil. Seriously. The top brass threw gasoline on a campfire resulting in a wildfire with that boneheaded decision. It can be argued that Law Enforcement indirectly caused this riot by their unnecessary show of force. Destruction of property and damages to persons aside I can understand why a riot like this would start. The rally & vigil was essentially the only legal thing the victims' family and friends could perform to express themselves in immediate response to the slaying. The people involved cannot launch an independent investigation. The people involved cannot perform a citizens arrest. The people involved cannot file formal charges against the police officer and convene a grand jury to hear evidence. The people that live in a culture of poverty know better than most that there is no equal protection under the law when police are concerned.

One can argue that mob rule took over. Sure, it played a factor; perhaps a large one. Another could argue that the culture of poverty itself is to blame. Sure, it played a factor. Yet the single most important thing that many people underestimate in cases like these is powerlessness in the face of official authority. It can drive people mad. No one likes being helpless and at the mercy of others. If pushed far enough a human will react like a cornered animal.

In cases like these authorities never attempt to prevent a situation from developing. A little honesty, compassion and understanding can go a long way to diffuse tension. A show of force at a vigil for the deceased does the opposite.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Yes they are in my books

Good for you, I am glad you think violence should be the answer. I am glad you were not involved in either the a Civil Rights or Suffrage Movements.

Arab spring comes to mind Ukraine maybe? But that would be ok because there not blacks right

Yeah, those are working out real peachy, right?

Oh and there was no reports of looting on the second night of protests but the police still opened fire with rubber bullets and tear gas

Do you actually look things up before you type or are you just lying?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: yuppa

Nope I have no idea where they live, but neither do you?

Point was that you do not have the information to support your post that almost all of those businesses were not locally owned. Franchise stores though normally ARE locallly owned. How many on that list are franchise stores? B e honest.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Nope not lying news.sky.com...

Says no reports of looting on Monday night

And yes thank god I wasn't alive at those times shame racism is still a huge part of Americas plight and on here aswell

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Nope not lying news.sky.com...

Says no reports of looting on Monday night

And yes thank god I wasn't alive at those times shame racism is still a huge part of Americas plight and on here aswell

I clicked on the link, here is what it says.....

More Riots In Town Where Police Shot Black Teen

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The fact all this happened instantly before any investigation could even be done says it all. Taking advantage of a situation for their own gain. The actual peaceful protesters do care that a person was shot, everyone else is looking at it from the angle of "Im getting mine" and do not care why this opportunity presented itself. You cant justify acting this way and doing what they are doing. You can justify being angry for sure, you can justify protesting the actually police station, etc. But no matter what you say, you know deep down burning and looting businesses that had nothing at all to do with this is very wrong. And civilized people know 2 wrongs dont make a right.

I keep seeing people claim that witnesses are saying he was shot in cold blood, yet one of the first reports from a witness, who actually was there and knew Brown, said that he did in fact assault the police officer. But this is not being brought up. Also the fact that this person has a rap sheet including assault, yet everyone wants to state he was a quiet kid that just wanted to go to college and do better. And Im not saying just because he got in trouble before means hes guilty and deserved to be shot. But to act like the guy never did anything violent before and was shot just because he was trying to better his life to escape the hood and happened to be black is just pulling the heartstrings to cloud the issue.

The point is, if after an in depth investigation is done and they find the cop did indeed shoot him for no reason while on his knees giving up, I will be one to shout for his immediate arrest and prosecution. I have seen the heavy handed actions of the police and know it needs to be stopped, but will any of you ever change your view if they find that he did attack the officer and he was justified in the shooting?? No you wont, you will say its the MAN keeping you down and that they changed the story to keep this from getting out of hand.

Hopefully this gets sorted out and the people there calm down and stop acting like animals before something else bad happens.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BLACKOWT
a reply to: SubTruth

Sorry to break it to you...but this kind of thinking and acting is actually the minority in African American culture....It just so happens that this is what is mostly publicized.....usually to keep closed minded thinking individuals like yourself well......closeminded.

THANK YOU. AT least someone is aware and alert.

Both Black and white have been subjected to decades of social engineering, and manipulation of thoughts and perceptions by pervasive., constant, media brainwashing. The zionist owned media corporations take a small, ignorant, fringe culture that developed from secretly imposed poverty and dependence, along with drugs and guns pushed into the neighborhood, then put them on t.v. and billboards. Then the kids, to the parents and community's dismay, talk and look and act like them. A couple generations later, it is now inherently "black" to talk like dis yo (ma nigga), baggy pants, have a doo-rag, large pieces of jewelry, be tough and hard. Possibly sell drugs (maybe for a gang) and handle a gun (most likely a mac-10 or tech 9). Most of us know that this general culture is wrong and destructive in the back of our minds, but are not aware of how it started (poverty imposed, educational and social institutions destroyed by government, American materialistic culture, government drug pushing), how it spread (tptb using t.v., magazines, newspapers, billboards, cartoons, comics, etc... to promote the general portion of blacks to a dumb, unaware population that bases it's very reality off of the media provided to them, to be the small minority portion that the general portion hates and avoids), and for what reason (divide and conquer. Mental manipulation. Control. Chaos. White people don't like blacks because they are ALL naturally hood crims, black people don't like whites because they are ALL naturally racist oppressors).

This media representation of blacks soaks into the minds of everyone and over several generations, becomes apart of Black American's mentality, and white America's views. All due to effective social engineering and organized moral degradation.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: cerbium

In the post I responded to, you made assumptions about the mental state of the looters. Specifically stating that they didn't care that the young man was killed but were merely opportunistic looters. But when I make assertions about their mental state two minutes later, then it is not an appropriate tactic? Are you 1. that unaware of what you are writing or do you 2. lack any semblance of self-respect and civility in civil discourse?

Grunt once for option 1. or twice for option 2.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
www.thegatewaypundit.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/massive-brawl-shuts-down-st-louis-galleria-mall-on-lockdown/

Some updates
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
edit on 12-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join