It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Not at all. Books have been banned by governments quite often for the same exact reasons: too dangerous for the common people to have. History--you should learn some.

You drawing wrong parallels here, just another fail...

I am glad we at least agree that gunz and nukes are not dangerous... should not be controlled... just give' away...

Do you even listen to what absurd comments you are making trying to justify right of everyone to own easier way to kill someone else? I am still waiting to motto - guns don't kill people... even we all know that is just muddy motto, as usually people with guns kill people... (now waiting for all those NRA statistic BS
)
edit on 11-8-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So now what we're left with most pertinent.
Is what Browns own partner had to say about it.
With no dash vid, that just about puts this one in
the books guys. The kid with Brown gave it up
in front of God and everybody to be recorded and
no way to take it back. And the hood he's in?
Holy crap. He better put some mirrors on his
shoulders.

Some bigfoot selfie cams and verichip, on star, the works.

edit on Rpm81114v262014u20 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Not at all. Books have been banned by governments quite often for the same exact reasons: too dangerous for the common people to have. History--you should learn some.

You drawing wrong parallels here, just another fail...

I am glad we at least agree that gunz and nukes are not dangerous... should not be controlled... just give' away...

Do you even listen to what absurd comments you are making trying to justify right of everyone to own easier way to kill someone else? I am still waiting to motto - guns don't kill people... even we all know that is just muddy motto, as usually people with guns kill people... (now waiting for all those NRA statistic BS
)

Again, didn't mention nukes at all. You like being disingenuous and dishonest in your discussions?

Nonsense. From a civil rights perspective, the right to keep and bear arms, is on the same level as the right to freedom of speech, and both are designed to be utilized as free individuals as a counterpoint to government and government overreach.

Also, a logical parallel, is that governments have banned books and the freedom of speech for exactly the same excuses that you give for banning guns--too dangerous in the hands of the people. Ideas can indeed be dangerous, say those contained within Mein Kampf. If you think that dangerous things should be banned because bad people might misuse them, then you would also have to agree, in principle, with the banning of books.

Now, in relation to this thread, why would you insist that a law abiding citizen be defenseless in the face of violent, rioting and looting criminals? Is it that you love criminals so much or hate shop owners so much?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I would say, the reason why people are smashing up business and looting is because they cant touch the cops.

People have to vent one way or another. Doesn't make it right.

Had they gone after the police like that? Hello riot police/army.

Might as well get something out of the chaos.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: mikeone718

WHO WANT US ALL TO KEEP THINKING LIKE WE ARE ALL SEPERATE RACES WHEN ITS NOT SCIENTIFICALLY TRUE.There is ONE RACE and thats HOMO SAPIENS.

You can keep thinking that, but the race that live near me work and pay taxes.
The race that are under constant police watch (because of their great contributions to society) will make you want to sell your house (if you own one) if they started moving in.

Reducing a fellow human being to a sterotype is wrong. Scientifically its wrong to keep llabeling others as races. God created all of us and we are to love each other like brothers and sisters. Just because your area is that way does not ring true for every area. And really the police watch everybody.

What is needed is people being taught were all the same no matter skin tone and melanin content. Thats where the powers that be keep their power. In keeping us all suspicious of one another just for a skin tone diffrence.

Again, you can keep thinking that way.
The statistics on crime/drug use/violent deaths/etc say otherwise in "certain" neighborhoods.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

WHO WANT US ALL TO KEEP THINKING LIKE WE ARE ALL SEPERATE RACES WHEN ITS NOT SCIENTIFICALLY TRUE.There is ONE RACE and thats HOMO SAPIENS.

You can keep thinking that, but the race that live near me work and pay taxes.
The race that are under constant police watch (because of their great contributions to society) will make you want to sell your house (if you own one) if they started moving in.

Reducing a fellow human being to a sterotype is wrong. Scientifically its wrong to keep llabeling others as races. God created all of us and we are to love each other like brothers and sisters. Just because your area is that way does not ring true for every area. And really the police watch everybody.

What is needed is people being taught were all the same no matter skin tone and melanin content. Thats where the powers that be keep their power. In keeping us all suspicious of one another just for a skin tone diffrence.

Again, you can keep thinking that way.
The statistics on crime/drug use/violent deaths/etc say otherwise in "certain" neighborhoods.

say otherwise
unquote

which part of "certain" neighborhoods.

or The statistics on crime/drug use/violent deaths/etc

or God created all of us

just curious.

personally i agree God created all of us,, so ya "under God",,We are all the same.

how We, the People of God, act,, well,, thats why there is a Judgement i guess. Once We die.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Are you from the US?

We may have all been created equal under God but we aren't all using our time equally while here...are we?

So, there are areas/neighborhoods where people work hard and worry over their future and on the other hand, there are areas/neighborhoods where people don't work hard, have everything handed to them (and complain about that everything not being enough) and don't contribute in any way.

God created us equally and then hands us the reigns to take control of our own destinies.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Are you from the US?

We may have all been created equal under God but we aren't all using our time equally while here...are we?

So, there are areas/neighborhoods where people work hard and worry over their future and on the other hand, there are areas/neighborhoods where people don't work hard, have everything handed to them (and complain about that everything not being enough) and don't contribute in any way.

God created us equally and then hands us the reigns to take control of our own destinies.

Don't believe in God, but that's very well put.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
I would say, the reason why people are smashing up business and looting is because they cant touch the cops.

People have to vent one way or another. Doesn't make it right.

Had they gone after the police like that? Hello riot police/army.

Might as well get something out of the chaos.

Or they are just using this as an excuse to get some new Jordans.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Thank you

I only included God since this seems to be a religious issue to some instead of a social problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Are you from the US?

then why is it said " for the poor will always be with us "

or is being poor one destiny?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

thnk u,,

this is getting to be a habit.

lol
see i assumed.

i d ten T mistake. lol
edit on 8/11/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Are you from the US?

That is malarkey and woo ha dear sir. While I agree that there are people like you described there are not whole neighborhoods full of only such people. Go to any poor high crime neighborhood in the country and you will find a mix of the two kinds of people you described. You are painting broad black and white strokes when the world does not work that way. You high crime area. You bad and lazy and want handouts. You not highcrime area. You good work hard. Grrrrrrrrr

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

thnk u,,

this is getting to be a habit.

lol
see i assumed.

i d ten T mistake. lol

No worries. What's the countdown for?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You miss the point and keep trying to create different arguments.
A poor man that's trying hard to make it isn't the same as someone with no excuse for staying poor to stay poor.

You choose your own path. Broke and trying to get out of the ghetto? Great. Broke, have free housing, food stamps and are able to get into most schools for free - yet decide to trash your own neighborhood..well...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

Are you from the US?

That is malarkey and woo ha dear sir. While I agree that there are people like you described there are not whole neighborhoods full of only such people. Go to any poor high crime neighborhood in the country and you will find a mix of the two kinds of people you described. You are painting broad black and white strokes when the world does not work that way. You high crime area. You bad and lazy and want handouts. You not highcrime area. You good work hard. Grrrrrrrrr

Malarkey huh? Seriously, where are you from and how far away are you from a high crime area?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You miss the point and keep trying to create different arguments.
A poor man that's trying hard to make it isn't the same as someone with no excuse for staying poor to stay poor.

You choose your own path. Broke and trying to get out of the ghetto? Great. Broke, have free housing, food stamps and are able to get into most schools for free - yet decide to trash your own neighborhood..well...

so then you are saying it is a carrer choice,,You choose your own path

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Oh, here it goes - strait from NRA booklets - second amendment and rights to own guns and protect against government overreach...

Does killing of unarmed teen count as government overreach??

I never mentioned books, you did, in absence of better argument.

You know that if we, citizens, one day decide that we had enough of this gun-loving abuse and non-sense, we might decide and add new amendment that will make second amendment obsolete. Or even, some bit smarter (and less republican) future supreme court might decide to take the case again in their hand and end this non sense that more guns make our country more safe and make better explanation of second amendment, giving guns to coast guard and real military.

I am still waiting to see how did gun protect people from that 'government overreach'.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

I am from the south side of Chicago. I grew up in a highcrime area. I worked hard and now live in a lowcrime area. I saw many people being lazy. I saw many people like me who worked hard. I have also visited many highcrime areas and neighborhoods across the country in anti gang initiatives. There are a mix of both types of people in every area I have ever visited.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Thefarmer
I'm trying to say that at least with riots people take note and listen with peaceful protest there might be a bit of airtime on the news but that's it

Look how the London riots started, there was peaceful protests outside the police station but it wasn't until the riots started and some old blokes store got burnt the government and regular folk to notice

So you are for violent protest that may or may not involve your neighbor either being injured or killed and the destruction of their property.

Good for you, I am not not.

Did I say that? No most of the shops that got burnt or robbed wasn't owned by people from council estates they were multi national company's

And the ones that wasn't was owned by outsiders not from the areas rich people trying to get richer from the poor folk

No matter what I've said you've twisted my words to you're own ends

I'm saying that when peaceful protests don't work there is only one option left well two

Take it on the chin and let the problem persist or by means of violence

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join