It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

All that? From a response not even meant for you?
Apparently you didn't understand it anyway.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The looting is a natural reaction to slavery that exists more completely now than ever. Decades of worsening financial situations is simply showing how thin the veneer of control truly is.

Its hard for the average person to understand the bitterness towards a system that is patently unfair.

It's so easy for some to judge but most have no idea what its like living in a system that is rigged.

Until the squeeze on the middle and lower middle classes is stopped, things will continue to deteriorate.

Like it or not, we are living under corporate control of government, industry and education, also known as fascism.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NATIBOY256

Glad to see I didn't have to name the second agitator. I will disagree with your 95% since he has a bit of a following in NYC [refering to Sharpton]. So why haven't these other people gotten their message out? I doubt that it's the ptb, do they have a actual message? If the message is good the word can get out. Thanks for the response!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Thefarmer
What part do you not get no matter how we protest peaceful or by rioting there is no imidiate change like with civil rights that took years

If you actually bothered to read what I wrote I said that societal change does not take place immediately.

The second part of your sentence is contradictory as 'imidiate change...that took years' makes absolutely no sense. Was it immediate or did it take years?

I'm trying to say that at least with riots people take note and listen with peaceful protest there might be a bit of airtime on the news but that's it

Look how the London riots started, there was peaceful protests outside the police station but it wasn't until the riots started and some old blokes store got burnt the government and regular folk to notice

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican
No sir, the only footage I really seen before was the forward facing dash cams, not that I really go searching the footage out mind you. Thanks for correcting my misconception. They better release that footage, if it is how they say it was(kid attacking cop first), why did they not release it already?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Lol I like watching drunks in the back sometimes they are hilarious, minimally the cars have interior audio records.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The news this morning had reporters talking to the kid
who was with Brown. And he said Brown did assault the
cop. So........ Doesn't look good seeing that. Sounds justified.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer
Yeah they notice alright. Keep the crap up and they won't bother setting up shop in your hoods no more. You will be happy when you gotta take the bus/taxi/drive an hour to buy food because you tear up your own hoods when you get upset? LEarn to focus your efforts where they belong, not on your neighbors houses and businesses.

Oh yeah, not aiming that at you personally, just speaking in general.
edit on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 12:31:39 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
Not really, if he really did have his hands up and got shot in the back, that is still not right. I really hope they got it all on camera, else we will never really know how it went down.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm surprised that Albuquerque has not done the same. People are sick of the police here. APD has shot and killed 3 people in the last 2 weeks.

APD ARE MURDERERS.

Just google how many have been shot and killed this year alone.

APD kills more civilians than the NYPD. Now that should tell you something.

Mark my words, Albuquerque's next.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: randyvs
I really hope they got it all on camera, else we will never really know how it went down.

Looks like we will never really know...

Ferguson Police said its cars are not equipped with dashboard cameras.

Source

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yeah, sounds like stupid kid Sh1t to me. I'll say this tho.
The longer they take to release the cruiser record. The worse
it looks for the PoPo. But they will have to release what every
dumb cluck from sunday knows they have. I don't see how they
can getaway from that.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace
You gotta be frikken kidding me....... In 2014 no cameras on their cars? WTF kinda crap is that. Maybe we get lucky and someone's security cam or cellphone cam caught it...... Damn it.

edit on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 12:40:36 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

How convenient no accountability for their officer his word verses the witnesses, I bet they take his word over all the witnesses.....A boy in blue is more honest than well do we have to finish that...the Blue Wall will win again. Cameras should be mandatory and so should lapel cams for every officer let keep people honest.
edit on 11-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
I'm trying to say that at least with riots people take note and listen with peaceful protest there might be a bit of airtime on the news but that's it

Look how the London riots started, there was peaceful protests outside the police station but it wasn't until the riots started and some old blokes store got burnt the government and regular folk to notice

So you are for violent protest that may or may not involve your neighbor either being injured or killed and the destruction of their property.

Good for you, I am not not.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

A police force without surveillance?

I'll check that out right now.

edit on Rpm81114v02201400000016 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
The looting is a natural reaction to slavery that exists more completely now than ever. Decades of worsening financial situations is simply showing how thin the veneer of control truly is.

Its hard for the average person to understand the bitterness towards a system that is patently unfair.

It's so easy for some to judge but most have no idea what its like living in a system that is rigged.

Until the squeeze on the middle and lower middle classes is stopped, things will continue to deteriorate.

Like it or not, we are living under corporate control of government, industry and education, also known as fascism.

Horsepucky. That excuse might (and that's a huge might) fly if the anger was directed at government or corporate offices and institutions, but it wasn't--it was directed at people just as black, just as poor (well, maybe slightly less poor), in the same neighborhood with the same issues as the rioters. The only difference is that the African American store owners were decent people and not violent thugs like the rioters.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: NavyDoc

The Boston Tea Party (initially referred to by John Adams as "the Destruction of the Tea in Boston"[2]) was a political protest by the Sons of Liberty in Boston, on December 16, 1773. The demonstrators, some disguised as American Indians, destroyed an entire shipment of tea sent by the East India Company, in defiance of the Tea Act of May 10, 1773. They boarded the ships and threw the chests of tea into Boston Harbor, ruining the tea. The British government responded harshly and the episode escalated into the American Revolution

non violent?

Rioting is a part of our history. Some you support but if there black they are thugs and criminals?

Again, you are trying to draw false parallels. The revolutionists were striking against eh British and a corporate government that was abusing them. These thugs and criminals were looking and vandalizing THEIR NEIGHBORS.

No, the shop owners were black and I support them. They were black and I think they had and have every right to defend their shops. You attempt at the race card fails miserably due to the salient fact that the victims of these riots, people who I DO support were also black. As Dr. King said, it is the content of the character, not the color of the skin that counts and these rioters, these thieves, these vandals have no character. My question is why you disregard the suffering of these black shop owners at the hands of these thugs and criminals? Is it that you only support black people when they are criminals?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
No dash cams?
And that does appear to be true! I'm seeing that as a conscious decision
not to have, in the best interest of their fellow officers on patrol in
a racially charged and obviously segregated job description.
And it might have just paid off. That's really messed up because pulling
that trigger becomes a lot easier.
edit on Rpm81114v12201400000043 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join