It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Pulling All U.S. Troops Out of Iraq Was Not ‘My Decision'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: xuenchen
If Bush hadn't "started" the war(s) in Iraq,

what would be the state of affairs now?

I think we'd still have a powerful Hussein Government, mainly targeting kurds but he would have kept the extremists in check. Though it would be ruthless and harsh. Israel would still be safe, 4500 Americans would still be alive, 33000 Americans would still be healthy and uninjured. Haliburton would be 40 billion dollars poorer. 130000 innocent iraqi civilians would still be alive.

It is pretty obvious now that those people in that region must be led by a supreme leader such as a dictator or King that is harsh and deadly when challenged. Every attempt at democracy has failed and led to splintering and terrorist.

Is it the religion or education of these people that are the cause? Or Both? Seem unable to live together in a civilized manner without subjugation.

Saddam, Assad, Gadhafi, King Hussein and Abdullah had firm control over most of these crazies and Bush and Obama ruined that and unleashed them on this world, and Obama has done nothing to stop it.

I hope we leave Egypt alone now. Their dictatorial military is back in control and there is peace growing there now.

edit on 12-8-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
But he took credit for it? He said it was one of his goals and later, accomplishments? I'm sooooo confused! Oh...that's right...he is a liar.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Omg a politician spun something.
That has never happened ever. Obviously barry is the first president to do it

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Omg a politician spun something.
That has never happened ever. Obviously barry is the first president to do it

Spun? Call it what it is...a lie. And the fact that many politicians lie doesn't make it right. Your president is a liar...a chronic liar. That ISN'T something to be proud of. Got children? Do you teach them to lie? Nope...you teach them that lying is wrong, dishonest and denotes a bad character. Now apply that to your president. Get it???

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm curious about the status forces agreement that is in effect now?

We are back in Iraq now, what do you wanna bet we got a great deal on it.

I bet they were quick to sign whatever we handed them.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I don't have kids but when I do I will tell them that ALL politicians lie.
Every president we have ever had has lied about something or another. You would have to willfully ignorant not to know so.
And IMO a spin is a lie so I was calling it how it is.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Will you be like most of the rest and still pick the liars you like the most, and form your whole opinion of life on earth around them ?

Crazies are everywhere, just happens to be the Mideast that is the easiest area to program, plug and play, USB for all!

Take us all to our various Messiah's , they cry ! Whilst no proof of any of the beliefs they have, has ever been seen.

Obama is looking pretty haggard , it seems this 8 year cycle ages these liars 3x faster than normal, even after all that training they cant handle it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Will you be like most of the rest and still pick the liars you like the most, and form your whole opinion of life on earth around them ?

Nope, I exercise my right vote for a write in, usually vote for my self

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

With Progressives it was not fast enough, with everyone else it was too hasty. But I agree with the people who say that Valerie Jarrett is the Decider.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Three words:

MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But isn't this what Barry ran on? Who cares what others have done in the past. It brings me great pleasure that Barry is turning out to be the scumbag that a lot of people thought him to be.

Besides those blinded by color, his hope, and his change hahaah!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This thread is missing important context.

Obama: "In order for us to maintain troops in Iraq, we needed the invitation of the Iraqi government and we needed assurances that our personnel would be immune from prosecution."

Fox News

Obama wasn't distancing himself from the decision to leave Iraq, he was stating that the political climate of Iraq did not facilitate a continued presence in Iraq, and that the conditions the Iraqi's created for the US were not his decision.

He is essentially saying, "We could have stayed, but Iraq couldn't ensure such and such, so I ordered the troops to be removed."
edit on 13-8-2014 by Pants3204 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The rise of Islamic State is the strongest precursor to WWIII. The world has more than a billion Sunni Muslims who are living in non-democratic countries. Religious fervour is the only release for them.

Muslims have two dominant political forces - the monarchies and the religious order. Islamic State represents the religious order trumping the monarchies.

If Islamic State become successful, it can lead to demise of middle-east monarchies. The past events in Egypt and Tunisia indicate that America favours that kind of outcome.

Saudi Arabia of course would not want that. America seems to be dithering between pro-Saudi and anti-Saudi stand.

Saudi themselves have hedged their bets by financing the religious extremists over time. However these bets can backfire if Islamic State becomes too powerful.

USA has been sucked into this Islamic mess due to love of Oil. Only time will tell where this road leads.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I don't have kids but when I do I will tell them that ALL politicians lie.
Every president we have ever had has lied about something or another. You would have to willfully ignorant not to know so.
And IMO a spin is a lie so I was calling it how it is.

And I'm sorry to keep harping on this but "spin" is not the same as "lie". Spin implies it is a tactic, something acceptable...lie denotes a liar, an untrustworthy person and definitely NOT someone who SHOULD be the leader of this country. And if you wish to call all former presidents liars...I can not defend them. But using the "but everyone does it" is no excuse. It doesn't make the individual any better just because they all suck. In other words...if you aren't going to point it out, you imply accepting it. I will never accept a lying president.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
The rise of Islamic State is the strongest precursor to WWIII. The world has more than a billion Sunni Muslims who are living in non-democratic countries. Religious fervour is the only release for them.

Muslims have two dominant political forces - the monarchies and the religious order. Islamic State represents the religious order trumping the monarchies.

If Islamic State become successful, it can lead to demise of middle-east monarchies. The past events in Egypt and Tunisia indicate that America favours that kind of outcome.

Saudi Arabia of course would not want that. America seems to be dithering between pro-Saudi and anti-Saudi stand.

Saudi themselves have hedged their bets by financing the religious extremists over time. However these bets can backfire if Islamic State becomes too powerful.

USA has been sucked into this Islamic mess due to love of Oil. Only time will tell where this road leads.

Well...if nothing else, once there is an Islamic state there...we know exactly where to target the nukes and get rid of them all once and for all. And yes...I mean the radicals and their supporters.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ok, the old blame game, so typical, for decades the game has been played by every ruling party at the moment, to claim success when things goes great and blame the last ruling party when they don't

Nothing new, elections are just around the corner, let the blame game start.

After all We tax payers pay top dollars for the Iraqi war, yeah, trillions.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

If nuclear war was so simple and easy, nukes would have been used many times over already. Unfortunately it is not.

The USA will continue to use air-power which is quite expensive.

Even drones are very expensive.

edit on 13-8-2014 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Personally, I think when they pulled Saddam Hussein out of that hole in the ground they should have brushed him off, said, “Sorry about blowin’ away the kids”, given him back the keys to the Kingdom, and then got the hell out of there. They were so much better off without our interference.

If Hussein was still in power over there, then all this would be a non-issue. Unlike what we were told (hmmm.. would this qualify as a lie by the righteous ATS Pants-on-Fire committee?), Hussein hated the likes of Al-Qaeda and did not permit them to setup operations in his country. In his mind they posed a threat to his authority. But, since Hussein had WMD and posed an immediate, imminent threat of lighting up the USA with one of those “mushroom clouds” we had no choice but to launch a pre-emptive strike (OMG, not another lie!). We were told that oil revenue would pay for our little romp in the middle-east, and not to worry (alright, that’s enough of the lies! We’ll eat the trillion dollars and dead soldiers it cost us for this debacle, just don’t lie to us again!). Never mind that thousands of our kids died to avenge a pack of LIES, Halliburton thrived! In our immense wisdom and righteous moral indignation, we hung by the neck the very thing that would have prevented all this from happening in the first place.

Way t’ go, guys! That’ll show those furiners who the Boss is!! Man, how pathetic. What a depraved bunch we are. Will we ever learn?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join