It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What junk food does your region specialize in? Greasy Spoon Lovers Unite!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

if you live a busy lifestyle, starches are a good way to fuel it.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Lately, I found this list of discontinued snack food. Among these, I hope they bring back Doritos 3D and Oreo Os.
edit on 17-9-2014 by DaboiaAlien because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2014 by DaboiaAlien because: corrected link

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Probably the best Full English breakfast you could ever have is at Café Tabac in liverpool,England, my home town. It is on Bold Street in the city centre. Now this is something that is truly greasy spoon taken to a fine art. I am sure they have similar in other café Tabacs...but not like this one.

If you are ever in Liverpool, fight or crawl over broken glass to get here for one

What is that round black thing on the plate?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: virraszto

That my friend is called black pudding

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: justnotnormal

Where I am at now....

taco acorazado

yellow rice with seasoned meat in a soft thick corn tortilla full of chillis, onions, peppers, avocados,tomatoes, nopal (cactus) cheese, and sauces. (all grilled)

Its freaking awesome.

There are infinite variations and recipes. I like mine like that though. Its basically a pig person taco.

I like mine to have mexican chorizo (spicy red sausage) and seasoned cecina (seasoned and grilled steak).

edit on 9 28 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You know how to live!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
South central VA...we like our meat and 2 Veg. Fried chicken is very popular (anything fried is popular here). I worked at a local diner for 6 years and we always sold out on chicken liver night. Hamburger steaks, country ham, and homemade biscuits were a staple. All veggies seasoned with pork fat. Pintos and cornbread sold well.Topped off with homemade banana pudding...yum yum. Now I'm hungry......a reply to: AutumnWitch657

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Lol....grits with cheese and grilled shrimp in it is awesome. Don't knock it til you try it..a reply to: queenofsheba

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: justnotnormal

Arthur Bryant's. Every President (I think except Obama....lol) of the United States has traditionally eaten there, at least once in his presidency.

It is a little tiny hole in the wall barbeque place in Kansas City, Missouri. Its in a bit of a run down part of town (at least it used to be a pretty rough neighborhood there near the stadium) but everyone goes from miles and miles around because it is literally the best barbeque in the country... and certainly the best in Kansas City.

It's owned (and ran at least when I was a kid) by a black family, good people, great food!

Used to be back when I was in my early 20's, that you would go and get a barbeque sandwich and fries, and he would put so much meat on it you had it for lunch the next day too.. all for only 5 dollars! (drink not included)

His prices are a bit higher these days, what with inflation and all, and I think they have a second restaurant now too... but it still exists and is still the best barbeque in Kansas City!

www.arthurbryantsbbq.com...
edit on 29-10-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Fried Pork Tenderloin Sandwich. Huge. Luckily you can order a half.

Pork tenderloin pounded or run through a tenderizer, dipped in batter or breading, deep fried.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join