It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh... Finally NY Times Discovers Neo-Nazis In Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So when taking part in many of the threads on the war in Ukraine I cannot count the number of times I've been told:
    There are no Neo-Nazis in Ukraine!!!

Well guess what? There are and at this moment they are in east Ukraine outside Donetsk killing people even suspected of being a separatists. I think it's about time the west finally owns up to their support of these Neo-Nazis.

While the US obviously uses terrorists of all stripes to destabilize countries they don't like (Syria, Libya, etc) I'm surprised the the EU would turn a blind eye to this. Didn't they get enough of this in WWII?

Oh... Finally, NYT Discovers Neo-Nazis In Ukraine

“Throughout the Ukraine crisis, the U.S. State Department and mainstream media have downplayed the role of neo-Nazis in the U.S.-backed Kiev regime, an inconvenient truth that is surfacing again as right-wing storm troopers fly neo-Nazi banners as they attack in the east."

Yeah isn't that the truth. Here's what the New York Times had to say about Neo-Nazis.. finally.

Ukraine Strategy Bets on Restraint by Russia

The fighting for Donetsk has taken on a lethal pattern: The regular army bombards separatist positions from afar, followed by chaotic, violent assaults by some of the half-dozen or so paramilitary groups surrounding Donetsk who are willing to plunge into urban combat.

Officials in Kiev say the militias and the army coordinate their actions, but the militias, which count about 7,000 fighters, are angry and, at times, uncontrollable. One known as Azov, which took over the village of Marinka, flies a neo-Nazi symbol resembling a Swastika as its flag.

In pressing their advance, the fighters took their orders from a local army commander, rather than from Kiev. In the video of the attack, no restraint was evident.

I'm not going to split hairs with people on this issue on the "Oh they're just ultra right nationalists" argument. Where I come from if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's a duck. Or Nazi in this case.

Nazi Wolfsangel Insignia

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

So the Times is no longer "blinded" by the light of Aryan truth shining in the dark like a pile of burning tires. in front of a burning building, filled with burning people.

Our grandfathers fought against these cretins and nowadays our government reps are seeking photo ops with them.

For shame…

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So the Times is no longer "blinded" by the light of Aryan truth shining in the dark like a pile of burning tires. in front of a burning building, filled with burning people.

I guess not, at least for now. Maybe better take a screen shot just in case the article receives some kind of editor review and gets "modified."

Just cannot see how the EU can accept this in light of the past. They must really be afraid of Washington DC. Maybe the NSA has more on Angela Merkel than we know. Maybe that's why we're spying on everyone over there, just to keep them toeing the party line.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

With Neo Nazis becoming more prominent in Ukraine and the rest of Europe would America be next?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

With Neo Nazis becoming more prominent in Ukraine and the rest of Europe would America be next?

Don't really know but I doubt it. Neo-Nazis are outlawed in Germany I thought, maybe not. While the US has them as well from what I've studied on them they seem different than the EU versions. Almost like the European variety is what the US versions want to be, but aren't.

Hopefully we'll get some folks from the EU to tell us what they think about all this.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Maybe better take a screen shot just in case the article receives some kind of editor review and gets "modified."

As time goes on its getting harder to hide the motivations of the tire burners. The Times is just saving face.

Ukrainian soldiers are dropping their weapons and fleeing across the Russian border. The Tire Burners will never relent. Their Ethos is imbued with religious fervor, and they finally have their very own Holocaust.

Thats why they were picked to do the EU's (NATO) dirty worK.

imo

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yeah I tried to post a thread on this and the haters came out at me. Some people just can not except that the good old USA is lying through their teeth about who all they are using over there. Glad others are bringing it to ATS's attention.
People need to wake up about this. There is no group of terrorists that are too low or too dangerous that the USA won't use them to do our gov. dirty work. Yet our gov. wants to curb our rights and kill us and militarize our police and take away our guns because WE might be terrorists. I love the irony there.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Yet our gov. wants to curb our rights and kill us and militarize our police and take away our guns because WE might be terrorists. I love the irony there.

Indeed. Looks like the US has it's own versions of the Azov Battalion though in our case more like Azov Divisions.

I did notice the NYT article pressed the point that these Neo-Nazis were under command by local field command.
Yeah, right.

The Azov Battalion (Ukrainian: Батальйон «Азов») is a special unit for the protection of public order - the battalion of patrol special police, subordinate to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
Azov Wiki Page..

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sure sure

And this must mean that the Russian government and all it's people are nazis too right?

Nobody's denying there are neo nazis in Ukraine, they're all over the world, but in a very very very tiny minority

Hope this helps

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I've been holding back my opinion about this whole Russian/Ukraine thing because I wanted to see more about this Nazi stuff first. S&F

p.s Did Putin ever mention Nazi's in Ukraine?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Nobody's denying there are neo nazis in Ukraine, they're all over the world, but in a very very very tiny minority

Uh huh. Well this "tiny, tiny minority" is slaughtering people around Donetsk obviously at Kiev's behest. It does not bother you that the US and the EU are supporting Nazis? Maybe it doesn't.

If not then you've partaken in too much of the party line koolaid. Not to mention MSM propaganda. Good luck with that.

Edit to add - This thread is not about Russia or Putin, it's about US and EU support of Nazis being used by Kiev. Please try to remain on topic.

edit on 060pm4343pm72014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Did Putin ever mention Nazi's in Ukraine?

Yeah he did.

Ukraine: Putin aide brands Poroshenko 'Nazi' ahead of EU deal

Senior Putin advisor lashes out at ‘Nazi Frankenstein’ government as Ukraine signs historic deal

There seems to be a lot of articles on this.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Thought you might want to see how Putin has been financing and supporting Nazis in Europe. In fact he helped finance the right wing parties in Ukraine until this started. Even notice Putin is a holocaust denier and has supported Nazi parties.

www.foreignaffairs.com...
edit on 8/10/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Thought you might want to see how Putin has been financing and supporting Nazis in Europe.

Can't get your link to load either from the US or through an EU proxy.. ?? Hmm..

Anyway there's always a lot of dirty dealing going on but my point was especially for the EU is that they are knowingly supporting Nazis in Ukraine. Anything to get their goal achieved I suppose. Whether Putin is supporting them as well is not my point. The US and EU should know better. Especially Germany,though you would think the same with Russia as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

According to some Ukrainian here after months of posting since the Pro EU Protests. There are No Nazis.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I just love how some of you are now claiming that there are Neo Nazis Russians yet they are usual arent even supported in Russia this makes me think your now deflecting the issue.

Deflecting are we now?

but in a very very very tiny minority

So i assume western ukraine are a very tiny minority of supporters of fascism? sounds like you dont know the history of ukraine.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Thought you might want to see how Putin has been financing and supporting Nazis in Europe.

Can't get your link to load either from the US or through an EU proxy.. ?? Hmm..

Anyway there's always a lot of dirty dealing going on but my point was especially for the EU is that they are knowingly supporting Nazis in Ukraine. Anything to get their goal achieved I suppose. Whether Putin is supporting them as well is not my point. The US and EU should know better. Especially Germany,though you would think the same with Russia as well.

The far right parties have support of Putin and the Kremlin where you aware during the elections in Crimea they were observed by Neo Nazis from several different countries?? Neo Nazis in Russia get strong support from the government in there war against Anti fascists. In fact if clashes occur between the two groups its guaranteed anti fascists go to jail. So Russia making the claim of fascists is laughable as you can see. Heres part of the article since you couldnt read it. you obviously have someone restricting your internet access.

In Hungary, for example, Putin has taken the Jobbik party under his wing. The third-largest party in the country, Jobbik has supporters who dress in Nazi-type uniforms, spout anti-Semitic rhetoric, and express concern about Israeli “colonization” of Hungary. The party has capitalized on rising support for nationalist economic policies, which are seen as an antidote for unpopular austerity policies and for Hungary’s economic liberalization in recent years. Russia is bent on tapping into that sentiment. In May 2013, Kremlin-connected right-wing Russian nationalists at the prestigious Moscow State University invited Jobbik party president Gabor Vona to speak. Vona also met with Russia Duma leaders including Ivan Grachev, chairman of the State Duma Committee for Energy and Vasily Tarasyuk, deputy chairman of the Committee on Natural Resources and Utilization, among others. On the Jobbik website, the visit is characterized as “a major breakthrough” which made “clear that Russian leaders consider Jobbik as a partner.” In fact, there have been persistent rumors that Jobbik’s enthusiasm is paid for with Russian rubles. The party has also repeatedly criticized Hungary’s “Euro-Atlantic connections” and the European Union. And, more recently, it called the referendum in Crimea “exemplary,” a dangerous word in a country with extensive co-ethnic populations in Romania and Slovakia. It seems that the party sees Putin’s new ethnic politics as being aligned with its own revisionist nationalism.

The Kremlin’s ties to France’s extreme-right National Front have also been growing stronger. Marine Le Pen, the party leader, visited Moscow in June 2013 at the invitation of State Duma leader Sergei Naryshkin, a close associate of Putin’s. She also met with Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin and discussed issues of common concern, such as Syria, EU enlargement, and gay marriage. France’s ProRussia TV, which is funded by the Kremlin, is staffed by editors with close ties to the National Front who use the station to espouse views close to National Front’s own perspective on domestic and international politics. The National Front wishes to replace the EU and NATO with a pan-European partnership of independent nations, which, incidentally, includes Russia and would be driven by a trilateral Paris-Berlin-Moscow alliance. Le Pen’s spokesman, Ludovic De Danne, recently recognized the results of the Crimea referendum and stated in an interview with Voice of Russia radio that, “historically, Crimea is part of Mother Russia.” In the same interview, he mentioned that he had visited Crimea several times in the past year. Marine Le Pen also visited Crimea in June 2013.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The far right parties have support of Putin and the Kremlin

I get what you're saying but what has any of that got to do with Ukraine's, the EU and US support of Nazis? Didn't we get enough of that during WWII? Or as I suspect the EU and US will work with anyone or any radical or terrorist group to accomplish their goals.

As I said earlier this isn't about Putin or Russia.This is about the US and EU supporting Neo-Nazis. That's a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
IDk why my last post got deleted..lol..but I was SAYING that this is not unusual. Terrorist from different countries tend to band together when they have a common enemy..Weird how my last post got washed away...maybe because I said Jew...Idk
edit on 10-8-2014 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

Well I don't see the Euro Neo-Nazis banding together with Muslim jihadist groups anytime in the near future regardless of perceived enemies. The Ukrainian Nazis seem to have one focus at this point, anyone who disagrees with the "newly elected" Kiev government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join