It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baghdad is under a full-fledged coup ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is starting to sound like Vietnam in reverse and in no good way. Will this go like Ngo Dinh Diem in 1963?

I hope to learn this is local action by local motivation to defend Baghdad and lead Iraq without ISIS, not the outcome of foreign planning again. That has a bad track record.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that tanks have now been deployed near Baghdad's Green Zone.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, seeing as the current Iraqi government has been and is unwilling to work with all the different sects within their borders, ISIS stepped up and is doing what we see now. So it doesn't surprise me that the military somehow grew a brain to eject this idiot in hopes of actually uniting the country in hopes of possibly stopping its spiral into hell.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the US suggest PM al-Maliki change face and work with the oppositions when ISIS reared it's ugly head?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The United States, Iran, the Sunni, the Kurds and many Shia agree on one thing. That a new leader with a unity of government is needed in Iraq. No doubt all those groups have been putting pressure in making that change. A unity Govenment would be a much faster less bloody end to ISIS who would have to head back to Syria when the Sunnis move agains them. If a coup is indeed occuring is not something anybody seems to know at the moment but, most would welcome it.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Good...Why doesn’t Malaki just take his Swiss bank account and get the hell out of town.

They say if he quits he will be killed.
That’s what’s wrong with these Arab leaders they don’t know when to quit…give up power.

Get the hell out Malaki, leave, adios, Vamos muchachos
au revoir

GO!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So it seems from what I gather this is not them taking him out of power it is he trying to stay in power. His coalition won the last election and he says they have to re-appoint him as PM but, thus far they have refused. He calls that a coup and has brought in armed supporters. I have no idea about the legalities of all of it. Nor do I suspect any of those in Iraq do either.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Correct me oif wrong but that means theres a Sunni (Kurd)president, and a Shia (mailiki) as Prime minister....
Sounds like they should be a team rather than enemies.....If maliki could get his act together....

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Just found out the reason I had trouble getting information that night is because 'something' was trying to suppress it. I don't know who or what did it but it affected several news sources including internet service from Iraq.
I can only conclude they didn't want ISIS to know there was political unrest in Bagdad at the time for they may of used it to their advantage.
I more and more am becoming VERY suspicious of the news I see lately. This orchestration is almost becoming the nail in the coffin for me.
Anyway have a better one. . .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join