Is perpetual motion possible through the use of the sun?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
XL5

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
There are more losses in an electric motor besides fricton. There are IR2 losses in the copper and eddy current in the iron core of the motor. You would need 101% eff motor to get any work out of it. 100% if you just care about it spinning forever.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
a reply to: Biigs

I worked in electrical motors for years. Did some prototype work for Williams international in michigan. I know a little about electric motors. Just had this idea.

I did work at a GE winding factory for a while, while i didnt work on them directly (IT guy) i did ask a lot question.

To which the answer was often "dude can i just eat my lunch in peace"

When i asked about more advanced ideas like superconducting super cooled hyper efficient motors they would simply say they had tryed everything YOU can think of already! Oh well, its fun to try, ive always wanted a set neodymium magnets to play with - for #s and giggles.

edit on b4848442 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i have a question for you, how do they move strong magnets like that - i cant imagine they use regular mail wouldn't that mess with other magnetically sensitive mail?

EDIT: sorry my right hand is still messed up - making a lot of typos

edit on b5353428 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BiigsTrue but it seems that step one would be to just get a wheel to turn on it's own. If you are able to focus a magnetic force then you could achieve this. There are materials that can block or insulate a magnet.

edit on 10-8-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

There would be a net loss of energy with each additional motor. Even if the motors were to run at 100% efficiency (they wouldn't), you wouldn't gain any more energy, only be adding redundant steps in the path.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ok thanks everyone, just had a idea.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What if you had a large array of solar cells that distributed high voltage and amperage to a secondary generator (motor) that also drove another motor to generate another generator and so on, would it be upping the the original source? Wouldn't this work as long as the sun generated solar energy?

Why not?

No cause the energy is still coming from the sun, so energy is not being created out of nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Electric motors aren't 100% efficient. A lot of the energy goes into creating the electromagnetic field that drives the axis round. Some of the energy also goes into heat, vibration from friction. So you lose 20% with each motor/dynamo

I always had the idea of an advanced clown propulsion system for a spaceship where two clowns would push themselves against the side of the spaceship, bounce off a trampoline towards the front of the spaceship and hit the wall - the transfer of momentum through the collision would push the ship forward and the clowns backward. Then ropes would pull the clowns backwards and the process would repeat.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I don't know if we can build a perpetual motor, but I would be happy with a non perpetual motor that run by itself for 10 or 20 years

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The sun will eventually go out. From the human perspective, perpetual is a rather flawed idea. Things decay and in the grand scheme of things, many objects created in our realm are far from perpetual.

However, could a very advanced civilization create a device that utilizes a star's energy and multiplies the output exponentially? When the star "goes out" perhaps they'll also have the technology to transport it to another energy source (star)?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It is to my understanding that you'd need to use resonance and nuclear science for efficiency and return.
With more efficient photo cells you shouldn't need to chain so many things together either.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Every device, every motor will "lose" some energy, because of friction and many other factors. It is never 100% efficient.

In fact I *think* (correct me if I am wrong) that ANY energy conversion (like from sun energy --> electricity --> motion) will always involve some energy loss. So instead of "upping" the input energy you will lose a certain percentage with each motor.

But, let's just *hypothetically* assume that such a machinery would at the end "up" the energy, say you put 100% in and at some point would be able to get out 115%. Where would the 15% more energy come from? You can not CREATE energy from nothing. This is a fundamental scientific principle. And of course you cannot "create" energy by using multiple devices where each actually uses up a certain amount. In fact you cannot "create" energy with ANY type of device...because of this a self-sustaining perpetuum mobile is impossible.

Even if we assume that someone, some day would come up with an over-unity device...even THEN there must be an explanation behind it where this excessive energy is coming from. Eg. "harvesting the energy of the vacuum" etc, something, since energy cannot come from nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
When most people use the term "Perpetual Motion" what they really mean is "Free Energy". Motion is perpetual. Newton debunked the idea of that motion was not perpetual hundreds of years ago; it's high school physics now.

Read about Newton's First Law of Motion here: First Law

There is no "Free Energy" machine. There are many ways to harvest energy and put it to use, but that always cost money. Don't believe me? Build yourself any energy machine; an engine, battery, solar panel, wind mill. The choice is yours. Then, look at how much it cost you to build, including your time and energy.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well I found these interesting:

John Searl's SEG Voltage Controlled Demonstration of Centripetal and Centrifugal Forces

SEG Demonstration of Eddy Current inducing Centripetal Spin

SEG Centripetal Spin Powering a 24w bulb

SHOW MORE: SYNOPSIS describes centrifugal and centripetal forces.

Earth turns on overunity. Something to do with magnetic core, magnetic forces and the sun's energy, imput/electricity. Like an engine.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Words of wisdom from an old man.
"You can't feed a cow its own milk and expect it to live forever."

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Earth turns on overunity. Something to do with magnetic core, magnetic forces and the sun's energy, imput/electricity. Like an engine.

All of those are inputs .. no overunity.

So your post is a hoax and another hoax.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

a reply to: Biigs Ok so it's friction right? What if this was done off world in space and used super conductors in the deep cold of space?

It doesnt matter, its not gravity its friction that holds any moving device back - and even if it didnt you will would only be at 100% not 101%+.

Space stuff isnt perpetual anyway, they all use fuel, the point of this is the more energy you can get into (more importantly out of again) the less you need to carry. EDIT: or the more you can carry the further you can go!

What about my edited update about frictionless bearings in space? Would that help in the process?

Why not add a unicorn? I mean... If you have a hypothetical that is rewriting reality just to make it work. What's the point. You are basically beginning to ask, "is perpetual motion possible if it were possible..."

Never mind the general lack of understanding about perpetual motion. It is tested so thoroughly it's basically a means to describe something that won't work due to entropy. So using it as anything more than that is silly.

If and a really big if they found some unlimited energy source sucking a universe into itself or something and spewing energy right at us so we could use it, it wouldn't be referred to as perpetual energy. 1) the universe would eventually die out, but most importantly, it would be given a proper name like, 'universe boom energy' etc.

(for example)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

LOL Cows cant drink milk at all- beyond 9 mths of age (i.e cows not calves)- they physically cant digest it.

Nature has already had a really good go at extracting "free" energy and it seems biology-employing various quirks of quantum interaction- might actually be the best at it from an efficiency perspective.

Quantum Mechanics in Photosynthesis

Hemp, grown in desertified sub tropical area with low land value, that uses solar power to de-salinate the water supply might be as close to free energy as we ever get.
edit on 12-8-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Couldn't we create a perpetual motion machine by drilling a hole strait thru the Earth (or some other planet), encasing the hole with copper and dropping a magnet down. The force of gravity with keep the magnet falling up and down, perpetually, all the while generating free energy. Why won't this work? Where is energy lost?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: PinealJockey
Couldn't we create a perpetual motion machine by drilling a hole strait thru the Earth (or some other planet), encasing the hole with copper and dropping a magnet down. The force of gravity with keep the magnet falling up and down, perpetually, all the while generating free energy. Why won't this work? Where is energy lost?

Air friction alone will cause it to stop. It won't work because it is only perpetual as long as no "work" is being done. Traveling through air, that is doing work. Any energy you draw from the system is "work". Your device will work forever as long as there is no friction, and you never draw any energy from it.

<< 1   >>

join