It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORAD drills in the Phoenix sky Tuesday August 12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Check out this article from azcentral:

Phoenix sky to be site of fighter-jet exercises Tuesday

azc.cc...

Anything fishy going on or just normal drills? I remember a lot of threads about how disasters, bombings, shootings, .... All started with planned government exercises in the same area. Anybody else remember any of these? I remember one was a FEMA drill in a bombing or shooting area? My memory is horrible. What if they are doing these drills and suddenly a plane gets shot out of the sky? Just my curiosity getting the best of me. Any input would be appreciated, especially from zaphod.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ispyarich

I bet the pilots playing the role of OPFOR (Opposing Forces) will be having a blast.

The guys flying 737's or C-130's would have a hard time of it, but those who are flying the smaller aircraft such as a Gulfstream or Cessna may just be able to sneak in under the radar.

Then again, they'd be breaking FAA altitude rules.

I think that Fighters will be of limited use in this exercise.

edit on 10-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

My buddy actually lives in key west Florida. I talked to him yesterday and he has been spear fishing with a pilot. Said the guy is on a contract to be opposing forces pilot to train top gun pilots. Don't know if it is true or not but my buddy said the pilot is in an old ass jet and is supposed to lose every time but they always dip down to the water and usually win. If they lose he said they are in class for like 3 days straight. And about the original story. I'll try to video any of the exercise if I get to see it. Might be cool to watch.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This seems to me to be a tracking exercise more than anything. Red Flag is more fighter intensive.

NORAD's primary job is to track things in the sky after all. I believe that this will involve simulated hijacked aircraft or maybe even a simulated terrorist attack of some sort. Crop duster anyone? Made to fly very low and slow.

But it would still be interesting to see.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

This seems to me to be a tracking exercise more than anything. Red Flag is more fighter intensive.

NORAD's primary job is to track things in the sky after all. I believe that this will involve simulated hijacked aircraft or maybe even a simulated terrorist attack of some sort. Crop duster anyone? Made to fly very low and slow.

But it would still be interesting to see.

TDawg....glad you're on our side! Crop dusting bio-weopons! Jeez us!
OP'r...thanks for posting. Saw the title and remembered the drills taking place on 9/11
But with the Russians getting snugly with their bombers... the system needs testing and training.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I will definitively be on my roof looking towards Phoenix
might be a good aerial show, hopefully it wont go sour

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I'm guessing NORAD are doing drills in Phoenix, so a terrorist attack in Washington.
That should be far enough away not to respond in time.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Normal track and identify. It will probably involve some Dutch pilots as well. As far as I know they still train with the units in Arizona.

They'll fly several types as "intruders" violating an imaginary ADIZ that they will have to intercept and positively identify. Probably C-130s and KC-135s.

top topics

join