It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Slaps Obama: Clinton: U.S. Failed to Stop ISIS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton isn't mincing words about the current crises in the Middle East. In an interview with The Atlantic, the former secretary of state attributed the "failure" to the U.S. decision not to intervene in the early days of the Syrian civil war. The result is a number of al Qaeda-inspired offshoots wreaking havoc in Syria and Iraq. Clinton suggested that Obama's foreign policy has been too cautious, addressing the president's doctrine of "Don't do stupid stuff," saying: “Great nations need organizing principles, and ‘Don’t do stupid stuff’ is not an organizing principle.” She also spoke of the Israel-Hamas situation, expressing support for Israel's need to defend itself. www.thedailybeast.com...

Old wicked Hillary is playing it smart. She sees that the vapid, conman is taking the Democratic Party down with him.

She has to separate herself from Obama’s naïve foreign policy, typified by his wimpy response to ISIL in Iraq.

When the dust clears form this ISIL disaster Obama may go down in History as the sorriest president.

Eventhough Hillary is full of crap since if they went into Syria it wasn’t to stop ISIL but to destroy Assad, which actually would have helped ISIL so Hillary is right about Obama wimping out on ISIL in Iraq but the idea that he did wrong in Syria is a straw man argument.
Obama actually did the right thing on Syria and is doing the wrong thing on Iraq and ISIL, IMO.

edit on 10-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
"Failed to stop them?" We have factions in our own government, and especially in those of our "allies" actively seeking to support them.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Its about setting herself up for the next election and giving the illusion of democracy. I'm convinced there is no such thing in the us anymore. It is now time to make obama look like a failure slowly gradually that way when the sheep vote hillary in as the first female president they will all say like stupid morons " oh now we can have real change". And the illusion will role on while the real powerbrokers who are always there will just continue their agenda.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
When the dust clears form this ISIL disaster Obama may go down in History as the sorriest president.

That'll will be a relief to Jimmy Carter. He's been holding that title for decades.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is purely political, she is just playing into the minds of all the people that don't agree with how obama has handled things, aka the right.
She prob got on the phone with barry and said "Hey, gonna start talking trash on you now for the next couple years, cause well you know, I want to win the next election".

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well, yeah. That's how politics works. This stuff even works. We had a provincial gov't(my bosses) that were mired in corruption with a minority gov't. Leader steps down. Next leader wins a majority less than a year later. A lot of times people vote for the devil they know.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Make no mistake Hillary is a HAWK. More so than even her husband. She of course repressed her on inclinations as Sec Of State under Obama. If she was President ISIS would be being bombed by the hour.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

On Obama’s self-described foreign policy doctrine — “Don’t do stupid #,” or “Don’t do stupid stuff,” Clinton was blunt. “Great nations need organizing principles, and ‘Don’t do stupid stuff’ is not an organizing principle,” she said. “… I think [Obama] was trying to communicate to the American people that he’s not going to do something crazy. I’ve sat in too many rooms with the president. He’s thoughtful, he’s incredibly smart, and able to analyze a lot of different factors that are all moving at the same time. I think he is cautious because he knows what he inherited, both the two wars and the economic front, and he has expended a lot of capital and energy trying to pull us out of the hole we’re in.” Read more: www.politico.com...

Obama basically is a simpleton without any vision.
He never could live up to his election rhetoric because it just isn’t in him to be visionary or great like a Kennedy or Roosevelt.

What makes great men in politics is how they deal with great important events.
Obama has shrunk like a midget and Hillary, who is a conniving pedestrian herself, is kicking him while he is down.

He deserves it but Hillary I doubt will be any better as president.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
She couldn't give a crap. Where was her condemnation when the CIA were handing Rockets and other assorted weapons to the rebels in Libya to move on to Syria? This issue goes way further back than Syria and Hilary would be better off keeping her mouth shut. She dodges the Libya connection because of Benghazi. She is a bs artist.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That was my first thought, since Obama middle eastern relations and procedures has fallen into crap, I got my own belief as why, but I would not talk about that right now, beside that I have to say that I did like Carter he was likeable and he was all for peace, Obama, well he does lean to be more friendly to terrorist "certain groups" that any other president before him, his legacy will always be seen with a question mark about his true loyalties to the US nation.

edit on 10-8-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If anything, I feel like she won the votes of the people who disagree with Obama with this.
I don't really know what to think with a lot of this. I agree with some of her viewpoints on a lot of different things. But she's messed up pretty bad with some stuff, too. And I feel like this was just setting up for next elections.

Whether it's Hillary or someone else though, I do think next President will be a female. A lot of things recently have kind of been setting up for it.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
she could stand there with Obamas beating heart in her fist and I still wouldn't vote for her..

Anyone that is so desperate to have the power shouldn't have it.. and No I haven't seen anyone on the republican side that's any better.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
she could stand there with Obamas beating heart in her fist and I still wouldn't vote for her..

Anyone that is so desperate to have the power shouldn't have it.. and No I haven't seen anyone on the republican side that's any better.

For me, with last elections... It was the 'better' of the two evils that got my vote. I can only hope this next election won't be the same. I won't say that everything that Obama has done has been bad, because he's done some alright things, but just like Hillary, he's had some screw ups.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hilary was a big part of Obama's failed foreign policy.

She is going to have to own that before the next election is over.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Hilary was a big part of Obama's failed foreign policy.

She is going to have to own that before the next election is over.

Why do you think she sat out(in the public) for the second term?
Distance makes people forget. I've seen that stuff FOREVER!

ETA: Benghazi. The right is thinking this will sink Hillary. Hell, day to day people don't even recall Benghazi. See my point?
edit on 10-8-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

I am one of those that "throws his vote away" last couple elections I have researched and voted for the third party candidate that I like over trying to stomach a vote for the lesser of two evils.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: intrepid

That was my first thought, since Obama middle eastern relations and procedures has fallen into crap, I got my own belief as why, but I would not talk about that right now, beside that I have to say that I did like Carter he was likeable and he was all for peace, Obama, well he does lean to be more friendly to terrorist "certain groups" that any other president before him, his legacy will always be seen with a question mark about his true loyalties to the US nation.

Middle east issues are played, its hegelian dialectic. They created isis and gave them the rockets when they let them launch the benghazi attack. When will people grow up and turn into real educated adults? This is how the world works now. There are no sides in us politics now only the illusion of. Ah whatever yeah its real the us political system is real and its fair and when hillary gets in the elves will join with the pixies and we'll all have cake at the mad hatters party.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Great nations need organizing principles

They do indeed.

The biggest two principles should have always been counter-terrorism and the preservation of life.

Your government, as well as mine. Has used these principles as an excuse... Far too often.

Libya is an example of Western intervention due to principle that was not well thought out and led to the complete opposite of what it was supposed to achieve. Then you have people like Khalifa Haftar who are claiming to be fighting those sponges that's soaking up the power vacuum we made. Seems the only thorough thing thought through was that Gaddafi must go.

Syria, A long played out fight that MSM has seemed to give up on also, the place with the chemical attacks and another leader that must go. Again, our principles have gotten more people killed and even more extremists rearing their ugly noggins. It's ironic how our principles have condemned our ten years plus hard work in Iraq, in a matter of months.

It's a truthful representation if I was to say our politicians care more for their own standing, than the standing of those they claim to represent or fight for.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Who was Sec. of State before Kerry?

Who was in charge during the formation/creation of ISIS?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Rich coming from the lady who did the "reset" with Russia.

This election coming up and in 2016 is going to be nothing more than Democrats eating their young and stabbing each other in the back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join