It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Age of Chronos Created via Heterarchy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The shareholders of this world control we stakeholders via a process of production bottleneck. By studying the price vs demand curve, they are able to tailor their level of production to optimize the net amount of economic resources they are draining off of our economy ensuring they profit from our efforts to the highest degree by giving the incrementally least value in return. In order to eventually create a post-scarcity economy which can support a large population on this world or out into the depths of outer space, we will need to change at the least two key things about our society.

The first thing we will need to change is the types of food we are eating, moving over to a fish and aquacultural based diet, preferably developing more fortified foods that can provide complex nutrition from highly productive agricultural products.

The second thing we will need to change is the way we acquire our food, moving from a gathering and factory farm style of food production and moving towards a self-productive, decentralized, localized style.

By setting up aquaponic setups in our homes, utilizing fish like catfish which can thrive in a low-oxygen, densely populated environment and growing plants that can be made into secondary products easily in order to avoid any waste, we can drive the price of organic and heirloom foods down to the point of putting large agricultural producers out of business.

For less than $1000, a family of four could set themselves up on a path of producing almost all of the food their family needs for little effort, curing their problem in perpetuity instead of renting their lives from the elite on a weekly basis.

Once, there were great societies that produced food into abundance, freeing up the populations of this world to pursue more extradimensional concerns. This can happen again. This small liberation of one minor area of our economic life could lead to a cultural revolution that could ripple out to touch every area of our lives, transforming everything into a higher state of being.

Build an oasis to sustain yourself in this desert. If enough of us do this, we can carpet this desert with oases, transforming it into paradise.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ahhh...Mom...catfish again?
"You sit at that table until you clean that plate."

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Diversity of production would also lead to a more stable food supply. The importance of that can not be overstated, especially in regions with less "advanced" infrastructure.

The biggest issue comes in the form of accessibility. In this, very few are capable of maintaining their own food supply for a plethora of different reasons. So, the first step should be research, design, and production of the means for most of the popluation to accomplish the goal of diversified food supply. The issue with that is, yet again, regulation and influence of industry titans.

I have no doubt it can be accomplished, or I wouldn't be working on it as part of the project. But, it must be done in ways that embrace a different cultural story. One that recognizes that real world value is more important than fiat value.

One of the biggest stumbling blocks, and not just on the topic of food, is that we have become more prone to just sit back and complain rather than share solutions. You can see this all over the internet. Heck, 99% of threads on this site fit the same model. If and when that dastardly word "solution" is brought up, most will just throw the responsibility of it back on the person who brought it up.

It is all so deeply embedded in our culture, I feel it is a problem that needs to be addressed on every level before we start to implement solutions in everyday life on a mass scale.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

People would probably still eat other sources of food outside of their home product, but if they produced 80% of the food they ate using the fish mainly as a source of fertilizer, soup broths and the occasional meal, they could probably free up thousands of dollars per year to use for other purposes. They certainly couldn't grow nuts in the home or cattle so dairy and legume products would still have to come from outside of the home. Not to mention two of the cheapest sources of raw calories are potatoes and sugar beets and those cannot easily be grown in an indoor environment. I'm not saying it would totally end factory farming, merely reduce our dependence on it to a more reasonable level.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash
Forgive me for being a wise ass. It's just in my nature. I agree with you whole heartedly.

top topics

join