It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Ukraine Achieves Victory/Peace What Happens To Putin Afterwards?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Putin can just stir the pot in Moldova so people forget all about Ukraine. Or go back to an old standby and start trouble in Georgia again. Maybe even another random former Soviet Republic.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Problem is, economics is always being strong armed. The US, with Britain, made their deals with Saudi Arabia, a long time ago. And since then, they strong arm the oil industry, as well as oil transportation.

People follow the money, true ... but, basic society is carnivorous and herbivorous. And wherever there is money, there is need to control it ... and that need, is to strong arm. If Russia gives into Ukraine, there are numerous consequences for Russia. The biggest and most important consequence, is that Russia can't protect it's citizens. Neither territorially, or otherwise. This is no "small" blow, it's a huge blow. Putin is old school, he thinks he can play old military tactics, by reverting into his shell ... of course he's correct in avoiding a war. But avoiding a war, is not something Ukraine, EU or the US care about. It is therefore a question weather EU and US have a long term goal, of ruining Russia. One outer rim, at a time.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

However, Russian military is in no shape to fight war with NATO and will have to resort to WMDs much soon. Something no one wants to see happen.

Hence, Putin is better off not playing war at his point.

Your wrong on this assessment. The US is fighting a war, on several fronts ... which means, that they cannot fight on yet another front. They'll thin out their tactics, to the point of economic ruin of the US and Europe.

If a war is inevitable, which is something that is important, than Putin or Russia must pick the war. It's always a bad idea, to have your enemies decided the place, and time of the battle. If they goat you into a corner, and decide for you where that battle is fought ... you stand less a chance to win. And EU and US, have been goating Russia into a war, for the past 2 decades. Russia has avoided it, and played it's safe tactics ... the "line" of defence is always moving closer, and closer to Moscow.

So, Russia has to fight ... and it has to pick the time and place, while her enemies are at their weakest point. And they have to bring it to a standoff ... threatenening WMD, for no other purpose but to stop the advancement. If they don't the US, or EU, or both ... will continue to advance the line in the sand. They'll pay more goons to stir up trouble inside Russia, to further derail the government. If Putin doesn't fight back .. he could just as well, dissolve Russia entirely.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

That's the whole point, Russian media is talking about sanctions

But are they telling them the truth. Such as I am banning food from the US and EU because they put sanctions on us.

Or did he tell them that the reason they aren't getting the US and EU food is because it is due to health concerns...

As the tougher sanctions began to bite, Russian regulators imposed a slew of restrictions on European food imports, citing health concerns that Kremlin critics say mask political motives.

www.latimes.com...

And my guess would be he said it was because of health concerns, which is funny because they didn't have a problem until the new sanctions were put against Russia.

And if that is what the official answer they tell the populace then they are telling them something other than the truth. Since they already said these bans were because they had sanctions placed upon them.

Whatever, believe what you will, believe the Russian people are dumb and can't figure out the obvious. I will not make that mistake.

That's just it they aren't dumb, but they only know what the Kremlin allows them to see concerning news, so they have nothing to figure out as they think it's all good because that is what the Kremlin wants.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

So, Russia has to fight ... and it has to pick the time and place, while her enemies are at their weakest point.

In that case, why did not Russia supply the rebels with heavy weapons until Strelkov withdrew from Slaviansk i.e. first week of July.

Even now, I did not see much artillery in the hands of the rebels until they captured few from the 72nd Bridgade that fled to Russia in numbers. I have not yet seen any drone type weapons in the hands of rebels.

Russia is not supplying the rebels well it seems. Strelkov was complaining that there was a shortage of ATGMs in Krasni Luch fight and men cannot stop the tanks with AKs alone.........who can btw??

So what is Putin doing here? Begging the west to let his humanitarian aid flow through along with MC labled tanks as peacekeepers !! West is not a fool to let that happen.

So basically you do not supply rebels well..............you do not invade or intervene...........you do not recognize the DPR which has been in existence for many months now.............so what are you upto?

Well supplied rebels with reinforcements from Chechens, Stan-republics, Syria etc. will push the Nazi army to beyond Dniper and more and solve all the problems quickly. Seeing more help coming their way, locals in DPR will volunteer more.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Oh please, what a retarded moron ...

Putin isn't doing anything, because he doesn't want a war.

Retarded moron...you had to be seeing yourself in your monitor when you said that, so were you?

Now you say Putin isn't doing anything, because he doesn't want a war...

Of course, Putin is wrong ... he's trying to play it safe, but he shouldn't. When Ukraine wins, there will be over a million refugees in Russia, which will demand "retribution". Putin won't give it, so he will lose the next election and you're likely to get a very unfriendly president, the next time around.

Well your right Putin isn't doing a thing because he has already done enough, so he doesn't want a war but his hands are all in on Ukraine.

1 million you say...You understand only 168,000 have crossed into Russia but hey million sounds more credible for fabricating a story.

Or one that will actually give the people their freedoms taken from them by Putin.

Putin, is most likely playing for the long term ... not the short term. he doesn't care about Ukraine, he cares about the war ... and this war, will be lost by the US and her allies. Unless you wise up, which is unlikely.

Well if he didn't care about Ukraine then why annex Crimea, and why back the separatists with money, weapons, military hardware?

That is something someone needs to tell Putin.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

In that case, why did not Russia supply the rebels with heavy weapons until Strelkov withdrew from Slaviansk i.e. first week of July.

So now your saying Russia is supplying the separatists with heavy weapons...

Russia is not supplying the rebels well it seems. Strelkov was complaining that there was a shortage of ATGMs in Krasni Luch fight and men cannot stop the tanks with AKs alone.........who can btw??

Well when you shoot a commercial airliner down, you should expect Russia to start distancing themselves from you.

Well supplied rebels with reinforcements from Chechens, Stan-republics, Syria etc. will push the Nazi army to beyond Dniper and more and solve all the problems quickly. Seeing more help coming their way, locals in DPR will volunteer more.

They are going to have to as the volunteer crowd has slowed down, as now they can see the fight is going to be lost.

The locals aren't going to volunteer as they are glad the separatists have left.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

That is exactly my assessment on it, Putin is *not* supplying the rebels. But in western media, it's displayed as all being Putins fault. And the reason behind it, is that EU and US have a goal, to ruin Russia. They're picking it apart piece by piece ... which is why I say, Putin is wrong.

He's losing the war, and losing position ... since he was "bound" to lose position anyway, he should have taken steps to win the war. This if where he fails, and this also why I think he'll be replaced soon ... question is, when he's replaced will it be with a EU pupper, or with a Russian?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

If Putin is replaced my choice would Col. Gen Vladimir Shamanov.........current commander of the VDV.

Tough guy who will throw oligarchs and corrupt bitches out of the window.
edit on 10-8-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Putins a player, he likes to be seen firstly being tough for Russia and those still loyal from soviet times, and also those anti west conspiracy theorist, anything anti US or anti west Putin says gets these types all hyped and cheerful, anything that goes against the western world regardless of right or wrong is considered an EPIC victory even tho Russia influential reach and economy contracts every time

But Putin isn't stupid and he loves being the underdog and knows his limits and when he's pissing up the wrong tree so to speak, he knows the game is up for Russia's aspirations or rivalling the western world financially or militarily and so do the BRICS with a shrinking 11% of world GDP, the world can now see that there are two remaining factions left

I think Putin will be forever seen as a strong leader whom is responsible for there poverty, very much like Kim Jong Ill of North Korea

The longer Putin plays chicken the more chance he stands of getting smashed by a train

He's holding the gas card, once he's played it the game is up, but it's the only high card he holds, the western world have several, and they're absolutely trying to force Putin to play it early

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Your joking right? Ukraine this winter will be enjoying a very cold winter.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Putin can just stir the pot in Moldova so people forget all about Ukraine. Or go back to an old standby and start trouble in Georgia again. Maybe even another random former Soviet Republic.

Did you feel WAR Orgasm after you played Call of Duty? yet you have no issues intervening into countries based on false pretexts thats touchy.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

That is exactly my assessment on it, Putin is *not* supplying the rebels. But in western media, it's displayed as all being Putins fault. And the reason behind it, is that EU and US have a goal, to ruin Russia. They're picking it apart piece by piece ... which is why I say, Putin is wrong.

He's losing the war, and losing position ... since he was "bound" to lose position anyway, he should have taken steps to win the war. This if where he fails, and this also why I think he'll be replaced soon ... question is, when he's replaced will it be with a EU pupper, or with a Russian?

No the problem is Russia isn't supplying enough mercenaries to man or use the weapons Russia supplied, you don't honestly think the DNR make there own tanks and bombs do you?

We're talking a couple of towns in Eastern Ukraine with a small percentage of support for Russia fighting the entire Ukrainian army,

OF course they're going to lose eventually as Ukraine cuts of there supply lines...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: SLAYER69

Your joking right? Ukraine this winter will be enjoying a very cold winter.

Yes just like they did for thousands of years before the Russian overpriced ransom gas age right?

So Ukraine isn't sitting on huge shale gas deposits? What about large Coal supplies? electricity, etc etc? They'll be fine

But

How's Russia gonna cope when Siberia want independence tho?

www.opendemocracy.net...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

If Putin is replaced my choice would Col. Gen Vladimir Shamanov.........current commander of the VDV.

Tough guy who will throw oligarchs and corrupt bitches out of the window.

The very people run the kremlin ...erm I don't think so

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

Why would anything happen to Putin? He stole Crimea. He comes out a winner.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
CNN just shows the Capital of Mongolia inside Ukraine

cs620519.vk.me...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

No only that, it seems Slovyansk is now located in Crimea according to CNN. Quality news

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join