learn more

‘Knockout Game’ Attacker Asked Man If He Had A Gun Before Punching

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

here are all the factors that cause crime according to various and sundry progressive liberals:
poverty
unemployment
poor role models
poor parenting
mental illness
drug addiction
lack of delayed gratification
negative peer group
prejudice
discrimination

the list goes well into over one hundred factors

not once do they ever list personality responsibility and personal choice.

The criminals I ask usually give one or more of reasons on this list.
then I ask how many brothers and sisters and what do they do?

brother owns janitorial service
sister is nurse
sister is caseworker
brother is truck driver

I point out that siblings lived in same house, neighborhood, same parents..... and
please explain the success of siblings and your demise?

the ONLY explanation and the only causative factor is personal choice and exercise of free will.

PERSONAL CHOICE AND FREE WILL.

the rest of the hundreds of reasons is so someone
can get money from government to study their pet theory.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

the rest of the hundreds of reasons is so someone
can get money from government to study their pet theory.

No offense, but that is the biggest load of crappola I have heard... well, on ATS I guess not, but it ranks right up there with Pyramids were gold making machines.

Personal choice and free will are obviously a significant part, but anyone with a half a brain would know that a child raised by a crack ho in the ghetto with no father figure is much more likely to wind up a career criminal than a middle income kid raised by good parents in a good neighborhood and going to a good school. Data supports this, studies support this and common sense supports it.

Your anecdotal study seems to me not done in a professionally conducted manner, let alone your hypothesis.

edit on 11-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

you obviously are much smarter than me.

I asked thousands of criminals, tens of thousands of criminals, and the overwhelming majority, 99.99 out of 100 said that if they would have followed the advice of mom, dad, uncles, aunts, older siblings, they would not be in prison.

now you can belittle this data as unscientific, against common sense, and whatever other terms you recall from high school or college statistics classes all you want to.

every pet theory is just a system for the pet theorist to get some government funding to either study or treat the "CAUSE" of crime.

What is the cause of crime? The criminal chooses, via the agent of FREE WILL to commit the crime.

It really is THAT SIMPLE.

personal testimony of the men making the free willed incorrect choices is what causes crime.

read Criminal Mind

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I TOTALLY thought of that scene as well when I read that. NICE!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I will leave "criminal mind" to my daughter. She is the PhD and worked at the federal prison in Butner, North Carolina. These days she provides analysis for Judges in cases where the defendant may not be mentally qualified to stand trial.

She does not use statistics such as "99.9%"... I do, as a layman, indicating a vast majority of whatever.

So you are saying that a child born of a crack ho in the ghetto has the same likelihood of becoming a criminal as one born to a middle income family whose parents are actually into doing the right thing when it comes to raising their children?

Interesting....

I am sure I can find statistics that destroy that belief, but I am not going to waste my time.

every pet theory is just a system for the pet theorist to get some government funding to either study or treat the "CAUSE" of crime.

While I will not doubt that some in Academia stoop that low, as a general statement that is hogwash. There are plenty of studies that have been done that get down to the root causes of criminal behavior. Many of those studies were Theses....no profit or govt money involved. That was a very cynical statement that indicates you have zero respect for science or for those who have dedicated their lives to enlighten our knowledge of how or why nature is as it is. ATS's motto is Deny Ignorance....not embrace it.

edit on 12-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaphneApollo
What kind of pistol would the guys on here recommend a woman conceal/carry, thinking of getting a permit to carry?

If you carry in a purse and aren't real interested in target shooting a small revolver like a S & W Bodyguard 38 special is nice. A little thicker than a semiauto, but small and light overall.
It's very easy to load - never jams, never miss fires, pull the trigger and it will go "bang".

Go to a good gun shop or a show and handle lots of guns, a young left handed lady I know wasn't comfortable with the semi automatics but felt completely natural handling the revolver...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
99.99 is not a statistic my man it is a percentage.

i am certain you will leave that for your daughter.

genetic sandwiches are interesting

show me where i said something about a crack whore,
or stop trying to put words into my mouth.

my dad always tried to put words into my mouth
so i studied and became a psychology major.

100,000 of personal testimony saying that if they would
have followed the advice of mom, dad, uncle, grandparents they would not be in prison

man i am trying to make this as simple as i can for you.

quit obsessing on the pet theory buzz word, as the topic is crime and criminal mind

edit on 12/8/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

So you are saying that a child born of a crack ho in the ghetto has the same likelihood of becoming a criminal as one born to a middle income family whose parents are actually into doing the right thing when it comes to raising their children?

While I will not doubt that some in Academia stoop that low, as a general statement that is hogwash. There are plenty of studies that have been done that get down to the root causes of criminal behavior. Many of those studies were Theses....no profit or govt money involved.

i never said anything about a crack whore.

your posts and replies are steeped in contradiction.

you use big words like academia and even capitalize
it and in another sentences use the word hogwash and ho.

if studies have gotten to the ROOT cause of criminal
behavior then why do we still have criminal behavior.

we have gotten to the root cause of the deficit===(we spend more money than we make)
the root cause will yield the appropriate solution.

trying to keep this simple.

here is the obverse (opposite) of criminal behavior question.

what is the root cause of pro-social (non-criminal) behavior?????

FREE WILL AND FREEDOM OF CHOICE.

LOL

what does the criminal justice system ultimately do???
hold people personally responsible and accountable for their own behavior.

YES it is true. when you do a crime you are held accountable and given a sentence.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This sickens me to no end that people are doing this.........

Ive seen so many vids about it, honestly athorities should be taking all these vids and arresting the people for assault......they have all the proof they need.......

Its bead enough what they are doing, whats worse is they are now doing it to the elderly..........

Im sorry but if I witness someone hurting an elderly person, they would wish to god they had never stepped out of their house that day........

I cant stomach sometimes what the world is coming to..........its not just this of course......but its a symptom of a larger problem......

When I was younger we did a lot of stupid things, but we would NEVER do anything to hurt an elderly person

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I didn't say you did. I asked the question twice. Either you didnt read it at all, failed to understand it or refused to see the facts as they are.

You say my posts are steeped in contradiction... please provide an example.

I used the word hogwash simply because it applied. I used the word ho because it applies.. it is a low class ghetto word and was perfectly apt given the usage.

Knowing root causes are not the same as having a solution or solutions to problems. Not to mention that people have to want to help themselves in order for help to work. We know that alcohol usage will result in alcoholism in a percentage of the population. Obviously outlawing alcohol is not the solution, so what is the solution?

Root cause of pro-social behavior? Not sure any studies have been done, but I believe a good start to an answer to that would be the opposite of the roots of criminalism.

I have agreed with you in the past regarding personal choice being a factor, but UNTIL you can explain why the child of a crack ho (lol) is more likely to be a habitual offender than the child of a middle-income family with good parenting it has to be painfully obvious that personal choice is not the whole answer.

Your example of who society punishes and holds responsible is dead on. Who else should they imprison because ULTIMATELY it is the individual who makes the choice.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I didn't say you did. I asked the question twice. Either you didnt read it at all, failed to understand it or refused to see the facts as they are.

Root cause of pro-social behavior? Not sure any studies have been done, but I believe a good start to an answer to that would be the opposite of the roots of criminalism.

the root cause of pro-social behavior is very simple:
IT IS FREE WILL CHOOSING TO FOLLOW THE LAWS.
THE OPPOSITE ANTISOCIAL BEHAVIOR
IS FREE WILL CHOOSING TO BREAK THE LAW.

Here it is stated in another fashion.

Criminals solve their problems illegally,

all the rest a can be contributing factors,
but FREE WILL AS APPLIED TO CHOOSING IS
the cause of behavior.

in fact if you start trying to prove those contributing factors as the causative factor
you will end up with this absurdity as the cause of crime:

MOMMY SAT ME ON THE POTTY CROOKEDLY.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

This was my question to you. You fail, repeatedly, to answer the question. Afraid of the truth? Embracing ignorance?

Apparently so.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I am not saying that and stop trying to tell me what I am or am not saying.

it is not a question it is telling me what i am saying and i am not saying that.

the kids who do these knockout games should be either shot during the act or imprisoned as soon as possible afterwards.

the child of the crack coc aine whore.

that child has the power to choose as they grow and mature and get older.

that child will be exposed to numerous healthy people during the course of their life.

you are the one that keeps saying that this child will be a criminal sooner than one of your children,

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Apparently you refuse to answer the question for obvious reasons.

Is the child of a crack ho more likely to live a life of crime than the child of a middle income family with good parents?

The answer is simply: yes or no. Your choice. If you cannot answer the question honestly, then just say so.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This one of the best instant comeuppances ive ever seen from a pointless attack on a random innocent girl.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Haha I don't have a Glock either, but have a look at this .357 full of hollow points

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DaphneApollo

any small, compact, semiauto .25 or .380.

Itll surely get your point across.

I would leave the .25 alone. I know a guy that took 5 rounds in the chest and picked the bullets out with tweezers. Went back and apologized for being a dick to the guy that shot him.
As far as small caliber goes, a .22 l.r., or magnum, hollow point is a better choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join