It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Knockout Game’ Attacker Asked Man If He Had A Gun Before Punching

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
This animal had to make sure that this guy wasn't a "gun-totin nut job". Had he been, it would've deterred this animal. This is proof that these thugs are skerd of, and conscience of, "gun nuts".

Its proof that they only attack others who have the disadvantage of not being armed and in ambush. What has it to do with "gun nuts"? Are gun nuts like gum nuts? What is a gun nut? Are all weapon carriers gun nuts? Are police gun nuts?
edit on 10-8-2014 by Bilky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

I guess the sarcasm in my post wasn't as clear as I thought it was.

I am all for carrying to stop these dirtbags from attacking random victims. Got a sig 9mm myself!

The going off and killing everyone was a joke about arguments made by anti-gun crowds.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

it was not sarcasm.
sarcasm is from a Greek word sarcazo which literally means to tear flesh.
it was facetiousness.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is the act of a true coward, if they are so Badass they wouldn't ask if someone has a gun to shoot them with.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What good is a gun going to do if they already knocked you out or possibly killed you? All you are doing is giving them something else to loot from your body or corpse.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It would have been great if the victim said "no", and actually had one, then shot the thug after he was punched.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilky

In my opinion the only way to not get approached in the first place by jackasses looking for trouble or an easy score is with your body language. But thats sad. Should a person have to walk around 24/7 with the disposition that they are ready in a flash to deploy a knife or start swinging. Constantly checking everybody out to make sure they aren't a threat. It's really the only thing that works short of simply walking around all the time brandishing a weapon. But still that no way to live and it shouldn't be forced upon anybody to live like that either.

I say persecute those playing the "knock out game" to the fullest extent. Make examples out of them that this won't be tolerated.

If that fails show them it won't be tolerated with a little street justice. (but again that would be real sad if as a society we had to go there, simply to live decently)

The problem is culture, and to a second extent parenting or lack there of. But lets be honest the culture has to change first.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

After a few stories of these wanabe thugs getting popped, it might send a message. I just hope that these punks learn some sense before too many are killed for just being dumbasses. But the MSM doesn't seem to be pushing this information much.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75
it is irrational to blame parents.

I disagree. If parents spent the time to explain how important others rights are and how precious life really is, then these thugs would not be looking to inflict pain or death on strangers. Things have changed.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Let's see.. parents often do not teach their children that there are consequences to their actions. Serious ones in some cases.

Ghetto parents are often the worst parents ever. Often absent, seldom good role models. Often with either drinking or drug issues, and most often with a record and a bad attitude.

You think it is irrational to blame the parents? I say it is irrational NOT to blame the parents.
edit on 10-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Dahmers parents weren't "Ghetto"

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I remember a story here in the UK, a few years ago.

Some thugs tried happy slapping an old man. Too bad for them that he was a karate champion, and on his way home from training. The altercation was captured by cctv, and shown on the news. He put them down, very quickly.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I still think you guys are a little trigger happy.

It would be a shame for one of these punk kids to get shot for something like that.

Who knows what he may have thought after he was older, and what sort of person he may have turned out to be?

'Wow, what a punk I was.., stupid kid I was..

There is this thing.. it's called mace.. it works. Or learn how to fight and knock them out yourself.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
I still think you guys are a little trigger happy.

It would be a shame for one of these punk kids to get shot for something like that.

Who knows what he may have thought after he was older, and what sort of person he may have turned out to be?

'Wow, what a punk I was.., stupid kid I was..

There is this thing.. it's called mace.. it works. Or learn how to fight and knock them out yourself.

i believe you are serious.

it would be better for him to think about it in jail, after he got out of the hospital.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

knockout players need to get shot.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

Dahmer was not a misbehaving youth. He was broken inside. You cannot compare Dahmer and street thugs. 2 different animals.

Regardless of your comment, my observation still stands undeniable. Unless, that is, you wish to defend Ghetto parents? Actually, more like Parent, if you want to be accurate.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I guess you havent noticed that these punks/thugs pick someone who is old, small, female, or in general someone who likely will not be able to defend themselves.

You do not see them sucker punching someone built like a linebacker who is 6'2" tall.

So I guess your recommendation to learn hot to fight and knock them out is for 5'6" grandpa....

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Let's see.. parents often do not teach their children that there are consequences to their actions. Serious ones in some cases.

Ghetto parents are often the worst parents ever. Often absent, seldom good role models. Often with either drinking or drug issues, and most often with a record and a bad attitude.

You think it is irrational to blame the parents? I say it is irrational NOT to blame the parents.

i worked in a prison for fifteen years and commented to about 5-10,000 inmates every year: I bet if you had listened to and followed the advice that the people who loved you were giving you, you would not be in here today.

ALL of them agreed.

AT the age of 9-12 a child learns to force their own will.
the eventual criminals at this age begin rejecting society and its rules, in spite of overwhelming social pressure to follow society rules. read Criminal Mind by Samenow and Yokelson.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

I can agree with that to a degree. Unfortunately when you have the breakdown of the family unit and/or members of the family are setting the WRONG example for their children, the child does not learn certain lessons that they may have been able to learn under different circumstances.

If that were not true then we would not have the patterns of criminal behavior that we see. There is a huge amount of data that supports this.

Parental behaviours play a strong role in shaping a child’s risk of later involvement in criminality.
Parental criminality appears to be strongly correlated with an increased risk of a child of developing conduct problems and later criminal involvement. The influence of parental criminality is complex because of the multiple mechanisms (shared environmental factors, genetic and other biological risk factors, negative modelling by parents) involved that potentially pass on a parent’s risk of criminal involvement to their child.
Poor parenting practices, such as poor parental supervision and parents’ rejection of a child, are modest predictors of subsequent delinquency by the child. Children who experience severe or harsh parental practices have increased rates of conduct problems, substance abuse, depression and anxiety and violent crime in early adulthood, compared to those whose parents did not use physical punishment.

Nevertheless, a small number of individuals who are chronic recidivists are responsible for a large proportion of juvenile crime. Much research has shown that these juveniles commit their fist offense at an early age (usually age 11), and even at this early age, these juveniles display a variety of serious problems indicative of an "at-risk" juvenile:

Failure in School. This factor manifests itself at an early age. Failure at school includes poor academic performance, poor attendance, or more likely, expulsion or dropping out of school. This is an important factor for predicting future criminal behavior. Leaving school early reduces the chances that juveniles will develop the "social" skills that are gained in school, such as learning to meet deadlines, following instructions, and being able to deal constructively with their peers.
Family Problems. This factor includes a history of criminal activity in the family. It also includes juveniles who have been subject to sexual or physical abuse, neglect, or abandonment. It is also manifested by a lack of parental control over the child.
Substance Abuse. This risk factor includes not just arrests for drug or alcohol possession or sale, but also the effect of substance abuse on juvenile behavior. For example, using alcohol or drugs lowers a person's inhibitions, making it easier to engage in criminal activity. Also, drug abuse can lead to a variety of property offenses to pay for drug habits.
Pattern Behaviors and "Conduct" Problems. Pattern behaviors include chronic stealing or running away. Juveniles with "conduct" problems can be character-ized as those individuals who have not outgrown aggressiveness by early adolescence.
Gang Membership and Gun Possession. Gang membership and gang-related crime is primarily a juvenile problem. Gang membership, especially at an early age, is strongly associated with future criminal activity. Juvenile gun possession is a factor that "magnifies" juvenile crime by making offenses more likely to result in injury or death.

Most of the above risk factors can be influenced by good parenting. If you cannot control your children and have not taught them the difference between right and wrong, and consequences for bad behavior by the time they are 12, good luck doing so during their teen years.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilky
I meant it as sarcasm(how gun owners are viewed by some). I'm a gun owning second amendment loving person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join