It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Stewart runs over and kills Kevin Ward Jr. after race dispute

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: abe froman

The gas comes right as he he passes him not after.

Have you considered the distance to the camera and the time it would take the sound to reach it? Maybe he gunned it sooner?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga
Actually I have, the camera is on the complete opposite side of the track, the engine we hear is probably not the #14 at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Sad day for everyone, but I don't think Stewart intentionally tried to hit Ward. Ward looked like he was pissed and going after the cars. Everything could have been avoided if he stayed in the car. Man, I was just about to post this, but you beat me to it. Bah.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
While it's a tragedy that the guy died.... WTF was he doing walking across a live race track??? I mean... seriously.
That is almost Darwin Award level stupidity.
To say the driver ran over and killed him like it was an act of aggression is just plain stupid too.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
What if he wanted to die though?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
It's possible he tried to clip him, it's equally possible he tried to avoid him. Either way the only one responsible is this Kevin Ward person.

I don't watch racing so I don't know how often they run out, etc, but that comment made no sense to me so I had to reply.

How is only Ward responsible either way, if one of the aforementioned ways is the other guy intentionally trying to clip him? I mean, you clip someone with a car, you kind've expect the damage to be severe.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well this doesn't look good for Stewart.

"Stewart was involved in a July 2013 accident at Canandaigua that seriously injured a 19-year-old driver. He later took responsibility for his car making contact with another and triggering the 15-car accident that left Alysha Ruggles with a compression fracture in her back."

www.wralsportsfan.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
you have to take into account visually the driver is impaired as he is wearing a helmet sitting inside a cage, driving an open wheeled sprint car with massive tyres, hearing is limited due to open exhaust. also bad light factors with the victims black race suit.
Now chances are he only saw the guy for an instance , but to say he honestly meant to murder him with his car, come on people

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Tony Stewart has always had a violent temper. Hard to say if he even saw the kid, but it will be really hard to explain, given his history. But I will agree, running out on a track of cars racing is idiotic.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm not a big race fan. Don't they have cameras inside the cars? Maybe we will see it if and when it is released. Sad day for all.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Tony is a looser for feeling the need to even race these type of tracks and run 'kids' as they call them off the road and 'teach' them a lesson... That said, tony has gotten out of his car A BUNCH OF TIMES and done this type of thing

I don't think tony intended on KILLING him, but I hope one of these days
tony does this and gets hit and killed in the same way...

Tony promotes violence on the track and gets upset like a big baby..

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Looks to me like the rear of the car goes to the left so it doesn't look like he did it on purpose. I don't like Tony Stewart but I don't think he did it on purpose.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Yeah, I think you're right. It looks like the back end of the car jerks left in response to hitting the kid.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
1. Idiot gets in accident
2. Idiot gets out of car in speeding traffic
3. Idiot advances into speeding traffic
4. Idiot gets hit and killed by speeding traffic
5. Darwin

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It looks like Tony purposely murdered this guy. He romped on the gas right as he done it. That guy died instantly. How did Stewart not get arrested right then and there?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I'm actually surprised none have been shot either.

Really? You believe race car drivers carry firearms with them when they race?

I am very confused.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I personally do not believe he intentionally tried to kill the guy. Being a hot head and starting fights and throwing helmets is a long way from being a murderer.

I think possibly when "passing" him he meant to spin the tires and shower him with dirt or something and piss him off more.

Those cars are pretty dangerous and it's not uncommon to clip another car with he open wheels of your car. The kid got pissed because he got clipped and spun out and wrecked his car and obviously had a temper of his own or he wouldn't have ran out onto the track in the middle of traffic.

You can speculate all day long but only Mr. Stewart knows if he meant to hit the guy or not. I think it was just a terrible accident but with his past tantrums there will be LOTS of speculation from armchair racers and judges.

Driving one of those cars is EXTREMELY loud, the vibration is terrible, visibility is limited between the vehicle and your helmet. I doubt he even saw him but for a couple seconds and then he would have been right on top of him before he saw him. You have the luxury of seeing it unfold through a nice steady camera.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I just don't get how everyone can put the blame solely on the kid. Yes getting out of getting out of his car was stupid and if he didn't do that that then this could have been avoided.
But tony gassed his car and that didn't try and do anything extra to avoid the kid. IMO it seems like it was that extra gas that propelled that poor kid and what ultimately killed him. If tony want gassing it as he hit him, would the kid have been thrown up feet? The track was under caution which means the cars SLOW DOWN, not gun it when they want to make a point

Yes the kid was in the wrong for what he did. Tony was also in the wrong for accelerating as he passed him and staying close to the kid. Seems there is a 2 wrongs make a right attitude going on in here.
Since kevin did something stupid then tony is awarded the same chance to do something stupid.
The kid was was 20 years old people, just a kid that got pissed and handled it very poorly. Tony is a grown man that handled it even worse.
And i don't think Tony did it on purpose, but that doesn't excuse him for killing the kid.
edit on thSun, 10 Aug 2014 12:45:51 -0500America/Chicago820145180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Too many cars on that track to honestly say that Stewart revved upped the engine. It could have been the car behind Stewart that reved up their engine. There is no way of telling.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
By Nick Bromberg

Tony Stewart will not race at Watkins Glen; Regan Smith to drive the No. 14

"Shortly after the green flag flew in Sunday's race, Stewart issued a statement.

"There aren’t words to describe the sadness I feel about the accident that took the life of Kevin Ward Jr." Stewart said "It’s a very emotional time for all involved, and it is the reason I’ve decided not to participate in today’s race at Watkins Glen. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and everyone affected by this tragedy.”"

sports.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join