It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Yell "Kill The Police" After Teen Is Fatally Shot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Perhaps. But the fun part of all of this is that these folks attacked Quicktrip. I believe that a realistic assessment of the human condition shows that the targets of violence should probably be wealthy people, their property, and government employees and organs. Instead, we are seeing groups looting businesses in their own neighborhoods. I keep wondering, when can we just go ahead and have martial law? How long until they cage us all in and gas the groups that complain the loudest?

How long til the Second American Civil War and the totalitarian regime that will inevitably follow?

a reply to: Sparkymedic

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: remmetlee
Perhaps. But the fun part of all of this is that these folks attacked Quicktrip. I believe that a realistic assessment of the human condition shows that the targets of violence should probably be wealthy people, their property, and government employees and organs. Instead, we are seeing groups looting businesses in their own neighborhoods. I keep wondering, when can we just go ahead and have martial law? How long until they cage us all in and gas the groups that complain the loudest?

How long til the Second American Civil War and the totalitarian regime that will inevitably follow?

a reply to: Sparkymedic

Mob mentality is a strange one indeed.
as for the 2nd American revolution and the totalitarian regime,,
since most americans are brainwashed into believing that the government is right and that guns are bad m'kay
it's not that far fetched a scenario once they got rid of the ones who think for themselves

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
First, anyone who dies is a tragedy. Car accident, falling off a ladder,etc...When it is a young man, black or white, it is a hard time for the parents. But if you read ALL of the articles from multiple sources you will see how the MSM is trying to paint this 'kid' as just a little boy like they did with Trayvon.

1. He was not enrolled in college, he was thinking about it. As time has gone on it has become a "boy seeking better life in college GUNNED DOWN!" headline

2. There were shots fired in the car as M Brown reached for the weapon. This was not a 'same old reached for the weapon' excuse it would seem.

3. The picture in the street show him facing away. This does not mean he was shot running away but it is easy to 'explain' it with the picture.

From what I have read, the kid got loud with the cop and did not comply. You can see from the footage they hate the police here anyways and any kid growing up there will no respect them. This is what can happen. So he pushes the cop into the vehicle, attempts to take weapon, shots are fired and when he gets up do you think he did NOT confront the cop again? I would think that was his last mistake. While facing the officers, probably saying he will kill the officer, the officer with shots already fired shoots fearing his life.

Sad....a few seconds of heated argument....dead young man.

Dashcam footage of this will tell us the truth and till then it is all speculation.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Half of your post is speculation... What is up with that?? We don't care what you "think" happened.

The Ferguson Police will never release proof of their side of the story because, so conveniently, their police cars are allegedly NOT equipped with dash cams.

Such a neat story, coming from ONE officer.. Yet all eye witnesses say something different..

There have been no pictures of the shell casing in the police car, a bullet hole in the police car, Michael Browns fingerprints on the gun... NOTHING.

The police have released NOTHING but a statement, yet people like you hop on the bandwagon.

That's the second most disappointing thing here.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: unphased

Half of your post is speculation... What is up with that?? We don't care what you "think" happened.

The Ferguson Police will never release proof of their side of the story because, so conveniently, their police cars are allegedly NOT equipped with dash cams.

Such a neat story, coming from ONE officer.. Yet all eye witnesses say something different..

There have been no pictures of the shell casing in the police car, a bullet hole in the police car, Michael Browns fingerprints on the gun... NOTHING.

The police have released NOTHING but a statement, yet people like you hop on the bandwagon.

Ok, whatever the 'real' complete story is, does it justify damaging and looting locally owned businesses in their own community? Why not channel that hatred and energy into a demonstration on the polce station instead of trashing their own infrastructure. The police are the bad guys, not the business owners. East St. Louis will be another Detroit, if It's not already.
edit on 11-8-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: unphased

Bandwagon, no, an opposing view you do not like. I am sorry but I get sick of hearing ' he was a good boy' whenever this happens.

The footage will be released, and we will see. Until then, lets burn down our neighborhood...idiots....

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Ok, whatever the 'real' complete story is, does it justify damaging and looting locally owned businesses in their own community? Why not channel that hatred and energy into a demonstration on the polce station instead of trashing their own infrastructure. The police are the bad guys, not the business owners. East St. Louis will be another Detroit, if It's not already.

Nowhere did I try to justify or even mention the looting and rioting..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Bandwagon, no, an opposing view you do not like. I am sorry but I get sick of hearing ' he was a good boy' whenever this happens.

The footage will be released, and we will see. Until then, lets burn down our neighborhood...idiots....

Did you miss the part where THERE IS NO FOOTAGE??

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Did you miss the part where THERE IS NO FOOTAGE??

That dashcam footage is in the same bin as the footage fom Tony Stewarts car after he killed that kid.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If the officer was not justified then he should be punished. In fact a stricter punishment due to his position.

As a police officer I deal with the public on a daily basis. From what I personally experience and read I do agree that the relationship between the police and the citizens is at an all time low.

I also feel that the straw is coming. Whether truly justified by the citizens or not, violence will happen.

I have also come to the realization that there is a significant chance that (although I pride myself as being a moral, ethical and compassionate police officer) I am going to be targeted by that violence. Simply because I am a police officer. That makes me question who I can trust.

I want to continue to do my job and help the public but what choice do I have? I refuse to make my family and my home a potential target if SHTF.

That is why I am doing everything in my power to leave the career. I am not the only person that feels this way. It is a growing trend amongst officers who share my morals and ethics.

This is actually occurring as we speak. Good people are leaving the job and potential quality candidates are looking at other career options.

It is one of the parts of the three reasons as to why I feel we are seeing an increase in police corruption, violence and mistakes that are being made in the line of duty. I have listed the reasons several times but they usually only generate comments from the blanket police bashers.

As the moral and ethical officers leave or choose to pursue different career paths, the citizens will be left with the bottom of the barrel.

Trust me, it is only going to get worse...
edit on 11-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Every cop and every cop car should have a vid camera rolling at all times.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Agreed 100%.

As an officer I support mandatory cameras in vehicles, on officers and citizen oversight.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig
I was listening to the radio the other day and a former member of the R.C.M.P. was talking about how he felt he was lucky to get out of the force many years ago..He felt the quality of officer and especially leadership has turned the thing into something no longer universally respected. I will admit Im not much for cops..lol but a few of you have made posts here such as the one you just made that reminds me your human too.
Thanx.

edit on 11-8-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yes I don't know why the use of cameras has not been universaly adopted..cost maybee?, it would answer alot of questions in these tragic matters.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It is sad that you needed to be reminded that we are human. That hurts me to the core.

I can assure you that I am human like everyone else. I bleed and feel both physical and emotional pain too.

I can only speak for my department but you are correct in the fact that we do not have body mounted cameras due to budget constraints.

It is also why we haven't had pay raises in years, cuts to retirement, cuts to health beneftis, old cars etc. (just like most employed people have experienced)

When you factor in increase in out of pocket costs for retirement and health insurance I have actually gone backwards in pay. (just like most employed people have experienced)

Morale is at an all time low.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
And Im real sorry for that..honestly,
I have had a few not great experiences in the past that have made me very wary and negative I guess, and we are constantly bombarded with "feel bad" stories.
You have reminded me to get my humanity in check and to consider the individual.
Hang in there.
Peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So, since the police officer is black, does that make a difference? Find it SOOOOOO odd that the MSM does not include this in ANY articles.
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002014-08-11T12:17:45-05:001245 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

No worries man.

I am sorry you have had some negative experiences with the police in the past. Just don't let that sour your view of every individual officer.

Think about this, in my job I deal mostly with the criminal element of society and have negative experiences on a daily basis. Does that make it okay for me to view every person as a criminal?

Of course not.

There are bad people in every position. There really is no way of completely preventing every bad thing from occuring. Nor is it possible to weed out every bad apple from the beginning.

That being said when a bad apple is found it needs to be punished and discarded!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Every cop and every cop car should have a vid camera rolling at all times.

...ideally everyone should. We're not to far off from this IMO and thankfully we'll have much less he-said-she-said.

But, I can't see those "up to no good" recording their every move...but criminals are pretty stupid

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

(changed statements because the officer appeared to have been right about fearing for his life since it seems that the man who was shot was trying to wrestle the gun from the officer)

All the people who are rioting are just taking advantage of the situation to destroy property, rob anything they can get their hands into, and in general commit any crime they want which is completely wrong.

Even children are participating in the looting. What do you think that these children will grow up thinking about the looting, destruction of private property and other criminal activity? Those children will most likely grow up to become criminals.

Here are some videos showing some of the looting as well as reports being made by eyewitnesses.

edit on 11-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: changed opinion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join