It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Yell "Kill The Police" After Teen Is Fatally Shot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I would imagine as touchy as the country is, it would lead to a civil war relatively quickly.

Maybe the cops had a reason, maybe they didn't. IDK. We need to hear why this officer felt the need to shoot.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye
Standing by and saying nothing is also very unproductive..one of these days people will move on from yelling to bigger and more suitable responces.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Officers were asking for calm in the neighborhood.

“We wasn't causing harm to nobody. We had no weapons on us at all,” Dorian Johnson said. He was walking home from a convenience store with his friend, Mike Brown. They were walking on the street when a police officer in a vehicle told the boys to get out of the street.

Dorian Johnson says they kept walking, causing the officer to confront the boys, first from his car, then he got out of the car, firing a shot. He said he and Brown were scared and ran away from the officer.

“He shot again, and once my friend felt that shot, he turned around and put his hands in the air and started to get down,” Dorian Johnson said. “And the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots.”

So the cop harasses these guys for being in the road, they ignore him, cop gets tough stops the car, kid's run, he starts shooting at them running...

Cop should of just kept on, it seems he has no other reason for F'in with them other then getting mad..

www.19actionnews.com...

I didn't know the police were allowed to shoot at you running away in the back?

WTF is wrong with some of these guys..

I've been following this from another site, and its unbeleivable. This boy is the age of my middle son. And its like my son and our border walking to the store, and on the way home.......

I want angry crowds to stand up against what is occurring.

I want that boy, back alive again. I wouldn't accept this in the least.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Still no video to prove this:

If you find a video that shows the crowd yelling "kill the police" please post or is this just propaganda?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Still no video to prove this:

If you find a video that shows the crowd yelling "kill the police" please post or is this just propaganda?

Who's propaganda?

I think that the drop in trust for LE has been as grass-root as you could get.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here is the official 'story'..

An unarmed, 18-year-old Missouri man in who was shot multiple times by by a cop on Saturday was involved in a altercation with the officer before being killed, police said at a news conference on Sunday.

St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said Michael Brown, of Ferguson, Mo., was struck "more than just a couple" times by gunshots fired by a Ferguson Police Department officer after a "physical confrontation" that began in a police vehicle and then spilled on to the street. The officer is now on paid administrative leave, Belmar said. The Ferguson Police Department reached out to Belmar immediately following the incident requesting that the St. Louis County Police Department launch an independent investigation, he said.

www.nbcnews.com...

They have the press conference video their also.

So he tried to put the guy in the back of his car and he runs. You can put your finger on a cop,
they call it a 'physical confrontation'.. The guy is running AWAY and get 9 bullets in him??
edit on 10-8-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA
Yes its all just propaganda..we need to all resume enjoying getting shot in the back, beat up, harassed, pets shot..etc

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
According to numerous Twitter accounts and the reporter herself, Brittany Noble of KMOV was the only reporter on the scene in Ferguson last night. A link to their coverage...

KMOV

Witnesses tell News 4 that Mike Brown, 18, was unarmed and had his hands in the air when he was shot multiple times by a Ferguson police officer. Police have not confirmed those claims and have not released any details of the incident other than an officer was involved and that he has been placed on administrative leave.

Dorian Johnson tells News 4 he was walking with Brown when the officer confronted them and drew his weapon.

“He (the officer) shot again and once my friend felt that shot, he turned around and put his hands in the air,” said Dorian Johnson, a friend Brown’s. “He started to get down and the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots.”

St. Louis County NAACP President Esther Haywood told News 4 that Brown was shot once by the officer and then an additional nine times as he lie in the street. Police have not confirmed that account.

Protests continue

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Not for nothing, but as soon as I saw the thread title, I KNEW that the victim had to be a minority.

And I dont say this as an insult.

While I cant condone violence, minorities are the only ones who organize, react, protest and act as a community when one of their own is gunned down by the police.

When will the rest of America follow suit?

edit on 10-8-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

this kind of brutality is nothing new, its just so much more obvious. The record keeping of the internet helps prevent people from short term memory loss. It is way past time. Cops are a gang, and should be prosecuted under RICO. Stop giving these pigs immunity. Stop losing the tapes when they incriminate cops. Stop protecting them. It will be war otherwise.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Thank you for this. It's most disturbing at least, and
a sign of the times we're trying to survive in.
For the last past of it-- the cops aren't here to help any.
From now on, and after a thread title like this-- I'm
going to do whatever I can to avoid threads like this.
Words are beginning to prove insufficient to remedy
the problems caused by using just words for the remedy.

There's mention also of "in their right mind"; and I
believe that went away a long time ago. The excuse
for a major, nationwide clampdown is already there--
because TPTB know they're having to do more to
cover up what they've turned almost all the cops into.

Nobody in their right mind wants a war, or any war for
that matter. Unfortunately the people that are running
the show are as far removed from a right mind as you
can imagine... or worse.

Pretty soon, I expect protestors forming around similar
'events' to just get gassed or hosed off with a pumper
for only being there... or worse. And when the blowback
hits the point where it overcomes even OUR amount of
mufti-phasic conditioning, an apocalypse is understatement.
That "right mind" we've had repressed will collectively snap...
with all the consequences the people running the show have
wanted for decades... but worse than even they can predict.

The thing about people that TPTB can't get yet--- because
they're crazy --- is that you can't use machines to predict
people's behavior. Trends are projections, and even the
smartest machines have no idea .. or ideas.

Finally notice the relief valve the NAACP is getting turned into:

UPDATE 9:25 p.m.:
FERGUSON, Mo. (TheBlaze/AP) — The St. Louis County
NAACP said it wants the FBI to investigate the death
of the teenager shot by a police officer. John Gaskin,
a member of the local NAACP chapter, said the group
wants the FBI to handle the probe to ensure a
thorough, transparent investigation.

Three little words that mean everything: a "thorough, transparent
investigation". From a federal government agency with the FBI's
recent track record? Excuse me for being skeptical to the point
past clinical paranoia, but Lucy 's pulled the football away since
my dad fought in the Pacific theater-- and I'm pretty old and tired.

"All the will destroy evil is a greater evil." The so-called evil ones
evidently have no idea either as to the nearly complete job they've
done..
on turning almost all of us into something more than they are.
Too bad they all have addresses on this planet: because someday
soon words will be replaced by action. When things go that
ugly globally, I want to be on a different planet altogether, for all
the pent up unchecking account about to get closed.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I went to school at NJIT and you are lucky you found a 'good' cop because what he said was absolutely the truth. At the time, there was a Newark school on the NJIT campus. In the 5 years I was there I've had chairs, books and even sneakers thrown out of windows at me walking from class to class. That along with 2 riots outside the architecture building(school was next to it) made for quite a fun experience at 3:pm ever day. They knocked over a police car on one of these occasions!
In the arch. building we had a secret area we used to go up to(old radio station) which overlooked the bathrooms of the next door high school. I've seen everything from beat-downs, drug use to full-on sex happening 20 feet away(separated by a 4 story drop) in those bathrooms. Then again, most of us were doing the same thing in our secret area of the school, shhhh!

I'm glad you made it out, it seems you took the same route I drove for all those years(doors locked).
I even posted that if ISIS wants to take over the US, we should channel them to Newark first. If they win, they deserve to be here more then we do!(sarc)

I've been out for a bit, when did you become Mod-ified?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Other reports indicate as the officer was getting out of his car, the teen pushed him back down in the car, and there was a struggle over his gun.

Big mistake. Any body over the age of three would know better than to challenge an officer for his gun. They are trained to never let it go.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ahh yes, the old "he went for my gun"..he obviously didn't get it.
Not too long ago localy a cop knocked down a clearly disabled woman and then after claimed she was going for his weapon, the video though clearly showed 3 bulls on parade strutting around like aholes taking up the whole sidewalk and then one pushes down the woman because she couldn't get out of their way fast enough..then not one of these pricks helps her up..went for the gun..suuuuuurrrrrre.
We will see.
edit on 10-8-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Well said and I couldn't agree more with every word of it.
Strange times indeed and one wonders when the tide will turn.

a reply to: Dimithae

I was raised the same way. But I was also raised to trust all police officers. I don't even feel quite safe telling my daughter to do the same. Seriously. Granted... She would likely go forever and not be in one of these situations, but here lately it does give one pause.

I would dearly love to know exactly what happened in this case but I'm not holding my breath on whether it will be the truth or not. Either way, I think people are getting tired of the way things are being done. It's a tragic loss of life regardless. I agree with that 100%.

a reply to: FlyersFan

That's a good point. I think every state has areas like that. I have been in a few myself to where I would rather go to the bathroom in the seat of my car than stop my car, get out, and go in somewhere to use it. I don't blame cops at all for being a little twitchy in certain areas but I don't think it gives them carte Blanche to just fire at will. I know that's not what you were saying either. It's just a bad situation all the way around really.

a reply to: LDragonFire

I thank you for your contributions to the thread with the videos and updates.

This one in particular makes the whole situation even more sad. I could not see him gang banging right before he was set to leave for college, but I don't know the whole story yet either. It doesn't seem quite right with what we know so far though. It seems like the PD would come out with an update themselves if it was so clear cut that he *deserved* to be shot.

a reply to: LDragonFire

I used the title that the site used. If I find a video of it, I will definitely post it here for an update. I could find it somewhat believable simply because more shots were fired at the scene by apparent onlookers.

a reply to: starfoxxx

That seems like overkill to me. They didn't think he had just come from murdering people or raping a few women, so I don't understand why they would shoot him 9 times to stop him from running?? Could no one actually be bothered to give chase on foot or was it too hot that day to run?

a reply to: gladtobehere

I don't think it's an insult at all. I think it's the truth and I wish I could answer the question about when the rest of us will do the same. One can say what they want about whether they always come together for the right reasons or not... They do come together when they feel like it's the right reason and it is a lot more than most of the rest of us do.
edit on 8/10/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

A large crowd yelled “kill the police” while confronting a group of officers

I'm not defending the police action, but in the "defence" of the police the above is why they shoot first ask questions later, as it's probably not the first time they hear that line, and that shout out is not going to make things better.

I hear ya. It takes two to tango. Not saying the person killed deserved it, no one deserves it, but clearly the community and as a whole society isn't really taking it upon themselves to change course either. I too feel that a storm is brewing because of these repetitive action/ situations/scenarios, but there ARE alternatives. War is not as inevitable as some make it out to be.

Remember, war is a failure of human strength, resilience and intellect to steer our uncanny abilities to problem solve.

"Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just a few thoughts. The investigation will hopefully uncover what happened and what led to the shooting. I think from what I've read, the kid was probably unruly and resisted arrest but didn't deserve to get shot while apparently fleeing. You put some lumps on his skull with a nightstick, not put bullets in him. Kids these days have got to learn from somebody to keep their mouths shut and don't act like brats or wannabe thugs or they'll get beat down. Or worse.
Okay, now I have to kick a few holes in some on the left. This is what a police state is all about. You don't like the Second Amendment, you want big government, this is what you're going to get so STFU. And people of color will have the worst treatment of anybody. When nobody on the right is left to stand up and prevent this kind of abuse, the feds and law enforcement will come down on urban protestors like storm troopers and kick the living crap out of them.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Business as usual I suppose.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Cops frequently subdue female suspects which is a nice way of saying that male cops beat up women.

edit on 10-8-2014 by mattsawaufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mattsawaufo
Cops frequently subdue female suspects which is a nice way of saying that male cops beat up women.

I think maybe there is a misunderstanding in the difference of "subdue" and "beat up". Whether it's a purposeful misunderstanding or just a mistaken understanding... I suppose only the person knows.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join