It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Yell "Kill The Police" After Teen Is Fatally Shot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It seems that a lot more people are getting really tired of the way some LEO's are taking care of business. An "allegedly" unarmed teen was such a danger that he had to be shot "several" times?? Witnesses told reporters that the teen was unarmed and was gunned down anyway. While I'm sure that "hundreds" of people didn't actually witness the event... there were witnesses which tells us that there were more than one on the scene.

The grandmother saw the teen dead in the middle of the street herself when she ran outside to see what the commotion was about. And I am not normally a huge fan of the NAACP, but they do seem to get some answers on occasion. They have come on to the scene and are asking for a thorough investigation to be done by the FBI.

I hope they get the answers they are searching for.

But is this reaction by the people starting to grow? Are more and more people seeing the corruption for what it is getting fed up enough to stand up when they see an injustice? This huge crowd could have easily overtaken the police that were on the scene at the beginning and I am assuming that they knew that. They knew/felt it so much that they called in about 60 officers from 15 different departments to come on scene.

There are so many reports almost daily of the corrupt, illegal, murderous things some LEO's are partaking in that it has to be somewhat common knowledge at this point. I just saw this headline and wondered if the people are indeed starting to wake up to it. Even if everything in this case was done by the book, I am left with the same question and that's mainly why I posted it.

Are people just getting fed up? It seems these people were. Now whether it was called for in this case or not remains to be seen I suppose. I think one of these days a situation like this is going to be a spark that sets off something that probably won't be too pretty simply because there have been too many cases of "bad cop" lately.

FERGUSON, Mo. (TheBlaze/AP) — A large crowd yelled “kill the police” while confronting a group of officers after one fatally shot a teenage male at a St. Louis-area apartment complex on Saturday.

The teen allegedly was unarmed and shot several times by the officer, reported KSDK-TV in St. Louis, citing witnesses. The shooting occurred around noon at the Canfield Green apartments, KSDK added.

A St. Louis County Police spokesman Brian Schellman reported that ”a couple hundred people” exited nearby apartment buildings after the shooting, but he didn’t say what prompted the shooting by the Ferguson officer.

Officers from 15 other departments arrived at the scene after a second burst of gunfire rang out, KSDK noted; Schellman said about 60 officers came to the Ferguson neighborhood, which is a few miles north of downtown St. Louis.

Minutes after an uproar from bystanders around 2 p.m., KSDK reported that five gunshots were heard.

There were no reports of additional injuries at the scene, Schellman said, adding that the crowd was under control by 5 p.m.

Updates Include:

UPDATE, 10:38 p.m.: FERGUSON, Mo. (TheBlaze/AP) — A woman whose grandson was fatally shot by police said she found his body in the middle of the street minutes after he was expected to arrive at her home.

Desiree Harris said she was driving through her suburban St. Louis neighborhood Saturday afternoon when she saw her 18-year-old grandson, Michael Brown, walking a few blocks from her house. After she arrived home minutes later, she heard a commotion and ran outside to see Brown’s body on the pavement nearby.

UPDATE 9:25 p.m.: FERGUSON, Mo. (TheBlaze/AP) — The St. Louis County NAACP said it wants the FBI to investigate the death of the teenager shot by a police officer.

John Gaskin, a member of the local NAACP chapter, said the group wants the FBI to handle the probe to ensure a thorough, transparent investigation.

You can read more here:
www.theblaze.com...
edit on 8/10/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This is indeed sad news, one every level. I hope the investigation finds out what happened, and my heartfelt condolences to the Grandmother who lost her Grandson. May his spirit find peace.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

im not sure if you remember the "Rodney King" incident but it would appear we are headed closer to another meltdown like was seen back then

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
This is indeed sad news, one every level. I hope the investigation finds out what happened, and my heartfelt condolences to the Grandmother who lost her Grandson. May his spirit find peace.

I agree. It is a tragedy no matter how you look at it.

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

im not sure if you remember the "Rodney King" incident but it would appear we are headed closer to another meltdown like was seen back then

I am old enough to recall that incident very clearly and I think you might be right. But I think the one that is coming (I do believe one is coming whether it is weeks, months, or years down the road) will make that riot seem like a sunny stroll through the laurels. I don't look forward to it, but I am not sure there will be any other options by the time that happens.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

yeah its kinda shocking....it is almost as if we could place bets on what will actually be the straw that breaks the camels back....riots,virus,hunger/water issues,wars,rocks from space...the list just goes on and on

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

yeah its kinda shocking....it is almost as if we could place bets on what will actually be the straw that breaks the camels back....riots,virus,hunger/water issues,wars,rocks from space...the list just goes on and on

Indeed.

It feels like it is actually seething just right under the surface IMO. Something huge just waiting to pop off at any minute. I'm not usually one of those who says they can feel something coming, but.... I do feel something. It's like the calm before the storm.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Is it just me or does it feel like the establishment is pushing for it to come to a head?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
Is it just me or does it feel like the establishment is pushing for it to come to a head?

Nope. It's not just you. I have often wondered if they didn't want it to get to that point so they could bring about marshal law. Then it would be our fault and they would just be doing what they had to do to keep us safe from our own actions. It might be an unreasonable thought to many, but I've thought it nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Nope. It's not just you. I have often wondered if they didn't want it to get to that point so they could bring about marshal law.

I don't think it will work. Too many people are waking up with their hands on their weapons. Too many people responding to societies problems by purchasing AR15s and other potent weapons.

The die is cast and what happens next is anyone's guess. The powers that be expect the augmented Feds to handle things but that is not likely to happen, not once Mr and Mrs Joe average have had enough.

We live in interesting times and not just in America.

One thing you can rely on. America, or rather the American People are the world's last hope for freedom and a lasting freedom at that. Like it or not, you are the only well armed Western style nation on the planet.

ETA. The Police no doubt feel the same thing happening which makes them a damn site more nervous and we enter a spiral of cause and effect that eventually spirals right out of control.

P

edit on 10/8/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

A large crowd yelled “kill the police” while confronting a group of officers

I'm not defending the police action, but in the "defence" of the police the above is why they shoot first ask questions later, as it's probably not the first time they hear that line, and that shout out is not going to make things better.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Officers were asking for calm in the neighborhood.

“We wasn't causing harm to nobody. We had no weapons on us at all,” Dorian Johnson said. He was walking home from a convenience store with his friend, Mike Brown. They were walking on the street when a police officer in a vehicle told the boys to get out of the street.

Dorian Johnson says they kept walking, causing the officer to confront the boys, first from his car, then he got out of the car, firing a shot. He said he and Brown were scared and ran away from the officer.

“He shot again, and once my friend felt that shot, he turned around and put his hands in the air and started to get down,” Dorian Johnson said. “And the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots.”

So the cop harasses these guys for being in the road, they ignore him, cop gets tough stops the car, kid's run, he starts shooting at them running...

Cop should of just kept on, it seems he has no other reason for F'in with them other then getting mad..

www.19actionnews.com...

I didn't know the police were allowed to shoot at you running away in the back?

WTF is wrong with some of these guys..

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I'll throw my 2 cents in here since I am VERY familiar with that area. I grew up there not 1 mile away from that apartment complex. My Ex used to work for this complex and my brother in law still lives right next door to it. This is a very bad area to live in. Crime is very high,and the people there are hostile. You wouldn't want to walking through there when the sun went down. There ARE some nice families that live on this street,but there is still a ton of crime as well. There are gangs in there firmly entrenched. Our local news showed a picture of this teen flashing gang signs.

Now, did he deserve to be shot? That I can't answer. I would hope not. Maybe he was innocent and just walking along. But why did the police put him in the car to begin with? From the girl that was walking with him,she says that an argument broke out between him and the cop,then the cop shoved him in his car. I was raised to never argue with the police. You wait till you talk to your lawyer and let them do the fighting. Safest way.

I guess we will have to wait for the coming days to find out just what all went down for this kid. It is really terribly sad that he lost his life over this. I feel for his family and wish them peace.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There are several issues there that should be considered:

The first is that we need to know what happened before the shooting. No one ever sees the events before the shooting, the facts are often not clear. One of the posters mentioned about Rodney King, yet what came out about that, was that the video happened at the middle, not the events that led up to such.
In this case we should hope that the investigation is fair and gets to the bottom of such. There are too many questions and often there is no answers that are given. In this case there needs to be an investigation and it needs to be open to the public.

If it turns out that this was a case of police brutality, the justice system needs to start punishing police and government officials as if they were just like everyone else. It can no longer be one set of sentencing for one group and another sentencing for another group. And the investigations need to be separate from the police department, where they are the watchers of those who are sworn to uphold the law.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yesterday afternoon I was in Newark NJ for a church event. It turned out not to be a good neighborhood. It was very run down and not only were there bars on all the windows in the area, but there was actually razored concertina wire unrolled around buildings. You would have thought it was a middle eastern war zone instead of Newark, NJ USA.

At the end of the church event, I asked a man in the event if he could give me directions. Turns out he was a city cop. He gave me the most straight forward directions to get to 78West .. and then he said 'get out of the city before it gets dark'. He told me the gangs take over and even cops won't go into the neighborhoods. He told me of how he'd patrol in a vehicle only to be aggressively followed by gang cars until he got out of the neighborhood.

The gangs are all armed and they run the hoods. Some of the cops are in a 'I"m the man' mentality. So believing 'eye witness' or believing cops ??? .... well it's a war zone and everyone has their own version of a story. I'm sure the way it is in Newark is the way it is in a lot of cities.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Police right= if they fear for there life they can kill you even if no crime has occurred.

Citizens right= submit and obey or die

I haven't seen any video of the crowd chanting kill the police, yet. Its only a matter of time till the citizens start fighting back.

Witnesses tell News 4 that Mike Brown, 18, was unarmed and had his hands in the air when he was shot multiple times by a Ferguson police officer. Police have not confirmed those claims and have not released any details of the incident other than an officer was involved and that he has been placed on administrative leave

kmov

Dorian Johnson tells News 4 he was walking with Brown when the officer confronted them and drew his weapon.

"He (the officer) shot again and once my friend felt that shot, he turned around and put his hands in the air," said Dorian Johnson, a friend Brown's. "He started to get down and the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots."

St. Louis County NAACP President Esther Haywood told News 4 that Brown was shot once by the officer and then an additional nine times as he lie in the street. Police have not confirmed that account.

killed for jay walking?

edit on 10-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Yesterday afternoon I was in Newark NJ for a church event. It turned out not to be a good neighborhood. It was very run down and not only were there bars on all the windows in the area, but there was actually razored concertina wire unrolled around buildings. You would have thought it was a middle eastern war zone instead of Newark, NJ USA.

I live two towns over from Newark and you could not pay me to drive in some parts of it after dark, Irvington, which borders Newark, is even worse.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

He was 18 years old, just graduated high school and was to attend Vatterot College starting Monday, your typical gang banger???? He was just visiting this area on his way to his grandmothers house.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

If true, then it's simply....... murder.

Looking forward to the 'no comment because of the pending investigation', followed by the 'officer followed procedure and the action was justified' bit.

Lovely.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

A large crowd yelled “kill the police” while confronting a group of officers

I'm not defending the police action, but in the "defence" of the police the above is why they shoot first ask questions later, as it's probably not the first time they hear that line, and that shout out is not going to make things better.

The blaze made kill the police the title, yet I have not been successful in finding any video of this. The right slant on the story ksdk is very republican. So what is the story.

A 18 year old who just graduated from high school was to start college on Monday is killed with his arms in the air, shot 8 or 9 times for jay walking, or the crowds alleged reaction to it?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Another sad story.

Of course we don't know all the facts yet, but this incident highlights many issues we need to address in our communities.

Our police are there to protect and serve the people and they should be trained to accept the fact it's better for a person to run and get away from the police than it is for the police to gun them down. Unless they are in imminent danger, shooting someone should never be on their mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join