It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Beheads Christian Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
you gotta love how operation phoenix just keeps coming back in some form or another to bite the US in the ass time and again.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
It's a waste of time to debate who trained anyone or causation... it's obvious whatever the west does makes things worse be it Israel or America or even Europe.

When we enter this arena we are trying to operate from a pov of logic, material benefits, alliance and a variety of other factors we understand.

Even the Israelis mainly don't understand this kind of religious fervor, despite having a population that is at least half religious itself, Israelis, particularly within the military and politics are basically science and logic driven, 30% atheist, half the population ends religion at lighting candles, it's mainly a culture a basic spirituality, tradition...

None of our leaders outside Israel actual begin to understand a mentality that is in the end... simply not based around this world, people who's every action is incredibly uneducated, both base and animalistic in tandem with an utterly contrived and superstitious world view...

And the more out of control the region gets... the more people will fall upon their religious programming

What if some Israeli trained some of Isis or If Mc Cain had meeting for some psuedo nefarious goals in regards to Syria? As wrong as that is, it still is the way of politics and espionage of the world at large... what every nation does to one degree or another... Drama

They have no idea what they are dealing with here, how severely religion can actually warp the world view of individuals, they expect them to do some guerrilla fighting, topple a government and then go on to build condos and do what most people do when a conflict ends... move on, live their lives.

But that's not what happens when a religious movement gets going...

This is Spanish Inquisition stuff... This is something the world hasn't seen in a while, the kind of madness that creates witch hunts and much worse. It's a social disease as bad as Ebola is biological and they had no idea, these are politicians and military people making decisions not Psychologists and historians who might have comprehended...

What they didn't know?

Saddam was right

He talked about it, he spoke of why Iraq needed a dictator and the rule of fear and what would grow there without it...

And it was there, it's always there in every religion in small amounts, but it was already there and growing, even a dictator like Saddam was nothing more than temporary solution, it was already growing in Afghanistan and other locations, there was NOTHING we could have done to prevent this, sure.... we DID speed the process up, but this cancer was there already

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
a reply to: Swills

Wow,...

Lets see,... NPR, Wash Post, and "A U.S. counterterrorism official"...

must be true...

Can I ask which sources you would be prepared to accept as viable evidence that these atrocities are on-going?

Have you put any effort into investigating these claims yourself, or are you just here so that others can provide you with a link to satisfy your scepticism?

ISIS /ISL is a real present threat to world security. An outright Sunni /Shia religious war has the potential to involve nuclear powers and the global economy for decades. Sitting on the side-lines an hoping it dies down is a foolish way to behave.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Let me state it clearly

When our politicians say " we are not in a cultural war with Islam " they believe that nonsense, they have even consulted and spoken with very well educated Islamic folk for whom religion is like it is for everyone else a set of traditions a faith...tempered by a PHD very often or just a simple normal life...

But they just don't get that nobody informed 250 Million some odd folks of the 1.5 Billion that comprise Islam who ABSOLUTELY are in a cultural war with literally everyone else that this was the case lol....

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The level of hypocrisy in this thread is astounding. Sorry, revolting. Revolting is what it is.

ISIS or whoever they are, still have a VERY long way to go before they can EVEN HOPE to rival the number of children TORN TO PIECES by US bombs during the invasion in 2005. You all need to get it through your thick skulls that THE NUMBER ONE factor turning muslim men towards weaponised religious extremism is the decimation of their families, the levelling of their towns, and the destruction of their local economy by US "surgical strikes".

And you people want MORE bombs BECAUSE of the children ? Pardon me but where the F$?!K were you when these same children were being killed and dismembered by uncalculable frikkin' droves in 2005 ? You know, by YOUR bombers.

Disgusting. Disgusting and incredibly stupid. Warmongering sheep, playing right into to the knee-jerk propaganda.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Ismail because: he thought of something else to say

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

well i guess when ISIS finally marches on Israel we'll all be in a cultural war in some form or another with Islam wont we, to bad it could have been sorted out before hand

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ismail

This would not be 100% true, the actual root of the rise of this kind of extremism was already there.

It exists to a lesser degree in America too.

It happens whenever modernization be it technology or simple higher philosophical thought MARGINALIZES a highly constricting faith... It is right there now in America as ethnic diversity and technology combine to challenge the highly restrictive, dogmatic and inflexible and unchangeable by way of belief system views of certain people, it makes them economically and socially irrelevant and that's where in these peoples mind the "death threat" begins...

All we did was speed up the process, but it was festering in Iraq and many other places already and don't even begin to kid yourself into a belief that in the internet age "completely unacceptable" philosophies communicated globally weren't going to drive this process irregardless

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'd like to know what you think the world should do? Are you trying to make the case that we should sit by and let things like this continue?

Even on a pure economic basis, with ISL now controlling the Mosul damn and shipping engineers in, for who knows what purpose? If they cut off the water supply to southern Iraq, or breech the damn and lay waste to the major population centres in that country, what do you think this is going to do the Sunni / Shia conflict that has been going on for centuries and now includes nuclear powers?

The past is the past, you need to build a future. Posting tirades on internet message boards does not have any effect. What action are you prepared to take? Or do you advocate that we sit by and do nothing?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Please can we stop saying what about the children.

If a snackbar hides behind a poor child and an ally has to take them both out, lets pray the ally gets the support and rehabilitation to deal with that.

ISIS - is it another bogeyman? I hate to give 'merica credit for the ability to spin those live leak videos into propagander. What kind of dick head ISIS media man allows that on MSM - none, if they can edit a video together in deent standard, they are nor un-aware of propagander.

I am not sayong this is a set up by the USA (i am not paranoid), but i will bet an English Pound that that something big and terrorising comes of this skirmish from 'merica,

Thanks US - please shut down the snackbars xxx

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IamSirDrinksalot

The collateral damage caused by war when trying to kill an enemy combatant are not the same action as deliberately sawing off the head of a young girl.

In virtually ANY case in normal warfare if one came across an enemy child severely injured in fighting that child would be rushed for medical care (I, in no way condone that sort of thing happening) but I could, no matter how much I dislike religion or have any bias against a culture come across a child on a battlefield and not attempt to aid him/her

To face to face take a complete innocent and saw it's head off is a complete warping of the mind, a detachment from reality... an insanity

It's something else entirely

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
That's great over-intellectualisation right there.

"All you did was speed up the process". Don't make me laugh. The USA's war on the middle east has turned a very minor civilisational ajustment phase into a giant clusterfrack, and killed millions in the process. As long as you are able to carry on justifying that, by intellectually masturbating until you can minimise your soldiers role as international butchers, with a FAR GREATER body-count than all the terrorist groups on earth combined, then sorry, but to me, you are just as bad as these child-beheaders.

Guess what, if some random superpower came along to any persons hometown and blasted their house and family to small bloody pieces, most people would react the exact same way. They'd want revenge. And a gun. So they go to join the guys with guns, and because these people are mostly uneducated, they also lap up all and any religious hogwash they get fed. They wouldn't be acting this way if the US had left them with something to lose.

edit on 10-8-2014 by Ismail because: he can't spell

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: redshoes

The world should do nothing at all.

Interventionism invariably kills more people than terrorists, and in the process, it also fuels terrorism by sowing even more death and destruction. Between terrorists who behead a handfull of children, and the US airstrikes which kill thousands, who, in your mind generates the most hate ?

The past is the past ? Tell that to fathers and brothers who have held their dying loved ones. Who have seen their homes destroyed. Their neighbours killed. The streets they used to play in turned to rubble. Those men have no future, because they have been left with NOTHING except their hatred for those who took EVERYTHING from them.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Ismail because: he can't spell

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
a reply to: IamSirDrinksalot

The collateral damage caused by war when trying to kill an enemy combatant are not the same action as deliberately sawing off the head of a young girl.

To whom ? The little girl is still dead. Her parents still mourn her. They are still angry at those who took her from them. To them it is exactly the same. It is only in your mind that it is not, because you have the luxury of emotional detachement.

When you drop bombs on a residential area, you KNOW that you will kill civilians. Just because you are not doing it with a sword does not make it better. It only means that you can hide behind words like "collateral damage", because you didn't single out any one individual. The result is that ten times more people died in your bomb blast than by the terrorists sword. Neither of these evils are right, but one is killing a lot less human beings, I can tell you that.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Something tells me you'd feel differently if it was your neck beneath the sword, or your children's heads on pikes (assuming you have any).

And for those of you who doubt this happened... I can post pictures if you like, or rather PM a link to you as such graphic material is against the T&C's. Personally, I wouldn't recommend seeking them out. I will never be the same after seeing them.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Swills:

ISIS wants to murder all of the Yazidis because they think they worship the Devil. After looking at the pictures they posted of beheaded children it's clear to me who worships the Devil.

daaskapital:

ISIS is not human, and needs to be destroyed.

Of course ISIS is human, what else could it ever be? All human-upon-human conflict is fought by humans. Not supernatural beings, not humans possessed by spirits or demons or other such nonsense. Man is simply facing himself as his own adversary. So let's not blow things out of proportion.

Ideology and belief systems are the root cause of all 'good' and 'evil', each of which are relative to human perceptions. Ideologies and belief systems set purpose and goals, the means to achieving them justify the ends, which is why it can be rationalised as 'one man's good is another man's evil'. Good and evil are both what mankind set them as. Neither exist independently of man, they are human constructs to define and laud or punish behaviour.

The purpose of committing atrocities is to render your enemy demoralised, to instil fear and utter psychological despair. ISIS are acting out of ideology and belief system, so when they behead children, they do not perceive killing children, but only an enemy who will grow to become an adult adversary. Evil is nothing more than 'harm', and one should rightly combat that which seeks to bring harm. It is not a fight against good and evil, it is a fight against that which brings harm to one's way of life, one's own ideology and/or belief system. When you perceive evil in others actions, you are looking in the very same mirror they too are reflected in. You term something evil simply to justify killing it, to salve the conscience of the act of killing a member of your own species.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

How about you lose the double standards.
I can post COUNTLESS MORE pics of dying children, dead children, dismembered children, who fell victim to the bombs you erroneously believe to be the solution to ISIS barbary (and that said bombs helped create in the first place).

edit on 10-8-2014 by Ismail because: he thought of a better way to formulate his idea

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ismail
a reply to: DeadSeraph

How about you lose the double standards.
I can post COUNTLESS MORE pics of dying children, dead children, dismembered children, who fell victim to the bombs you erroneously believe to be the solution to ISIS barbary (that said bombs helped create in the first place).

Congrats buddy. I can post them too. What's your point? The U.S helped create this mess so the world should just stand by and let the islamic state behead children, mutilate women's genitals, impale peoples severed heads on spikes in public, and crucify their enemies?

What... Are we supposed to feel so guilty about past foreign policy blunders that we turn a blind eye to such atrocities? Should we overlook genocide because of our errors?

You should read a history book sometime.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ismail
a reply to: redshoes

The world should do nothing at all.

Interventionism invariably kills more people than terrorists, and in the process, it also fuels terrorism by sowing even more death and destruction. Between terrorists who behead a handfull of children, and the US airstrikes which kill thousands, who, in your mind generates the most hate ?

The past is the past ? Tell that to fathers and brothers who have held their dying loved ones. Who have seen their homes destroyed. Their neighbours killed. The streets they used to play in turned to rubble. Those men have no future, because they have been left with NOTHING except their hatred for those who took EVERYTHING from them.

So that's your solution? We stand by and do nothing at all?

God forbid anything bad should happen to you and the world just passes by. You need to read some history, and learn from it. To allow the atrocities to continue is to be complicit in them. You can make a choice, deny ignorance or maintain it.

Be a grown up and take some responsibility for your own future. You have the luxury of living in an educated liberal democracy, and like it or not, there is a price that needs to paid for the luxury of doing nothing.

By all means, criticise the US and others for their air campaigns, but don't condone the future acts of ISL because you want to make a political point and remain neutral.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The types of evil people have existed for millennium.

How evil can you be if there are no safe guards to keep you from beheading children?

Where do you, as a human, draw the line and say "I won't do that?"

These evil people have no boundaries. No limits on what they will do, because they have lived their lives without boundaries to the evil they will perform. Without those limits, society as we know it starts to collapse.

Honestly, this is the end, this is the Armageddon. I was wondering how we could even possibly get to that point and now I see how.

These power hungry evil people use this religion as their shield, their REASONS why they allow themselves to do this evil, and eventually the world will stand up against them, but not until they are far stronger, which is why this is the path of Armageddon.

Glad I've been stocking up on food, water, and ammo.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
YOU ARE NOT THE GOOD GUYS WHEN YOU YOU KILL MORE PEOPLE THAN THE BAD GUYS.

Your bombs WILL kill more civilians than ISIS.

That suffering and misery WILL create more terrorism, and generate more hatred for the west.

Your interventionist policy IS the greater evil in this case.

You have no moral highground to stand on, and in turn, I invite you all to read some history books. Interventionism DOES NOT WORK, and I can assure you that no country has ever, ever, thrown billons of dollars away for humanitarian motives. If they had, world hunger would have ceased to exist long ago.

There is no point debating any further with you if you fail to understand this simple fact : another war will kill more people and generate more terrorism than doing nothing at all.

Have a nice thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join