It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Supporters Flash Islamic Flag in Front of White House

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Freedom of speech is a right that everyone ought to have, but one ought also to have responsibilities that come alongside that right, namely a responsibility to speak with dignity for yourself and respect for everyone you are addressing.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So you would disagree with shutting these sites down then?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Freedom of speech is a right that everyone ought to have, but one ought also to have responsibilities that come alongside that right, namely a responsibility to speak with dignity for yourself and respect for everyone you are addressing.

policing one's ownself's hearing is far superior to policing an other one's speech
non?

there is such a thing as an off switch
failing that ear plugs
failing that
get a bullhorn of your own, and shout louder
( also helps with non comprehending people of different language )

edit on Thupm8b20148America/Chicago36 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I would disagree with doing so on the basis that the people running it ought not be afforded the same rights as anyone else. However, they should be taken down simply because of the specific material to be found within them, and because the only intent of posting hate speech is to create a climate of fear and hatred between people. THAT ought to be a different issue entirely, and sites producing such content should be removed from the internet.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Here is my basic problem. I used to debate the extremists using polemical arguments in an attempt to show them for what they were, misrepresenting the religion and promoting an extremist ideology.

This did not seem to work because for every 1 we took out of their hands, they got 10 more people. For every 10 or 20 that they would convert to their extremist ideology, perhaps 1 had the potential of being a danger, here. (and I emphasize the word potential)

In my mind, stopping it at it's source, the websites themselves which recruit specifically western muslims, or western non-muslims, is the best way - when polemics don't work.

My husband however claims that is not the source, but that the source is whatever makes the individual prone to accepting extremism - basically what makes them feel disenfranchised from society at large - but I'm not so sure that is so easily done. Because I cannot for the life of me figure out what that is; as it's certain to vary from individual to individual.

All I know is this must be stopped. And the spread of this ideology is serious. ISIS and Al-Qaeda has recruited a minimum of 12,000 from Europe alone (that are so extreme they are willing to fight to the death)... this does not count the possible Americans (North and South) or all the other countries... that means recruiting in the west to this ideology, is a BIG problem.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Yes I understand the very real threat of ISIL, I did fight insurgents during the 2007 surge while active duty.
My inquiry was more to point out the domestic image taken, this is questionable due to its conditions.

Just to clarify...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I have full intentions of utilizing Constitutional measures of justice for those it concerns.

As for the enemies, that is for me and mine to know, and them to find out...after its too late of course.

I am not inclined to disclose potential operational solutions, however a quick search will reveal much of my disposition.

edit on 15-8-2014 by ADVISOR because: for correction of grammar

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

History is due to repeat...it always does.

Personally, I feel it is necessary especially with global jihad, a crusade is only way its been able to be stopped and our past speaks for itself. Jihadists are living the very example of insanity, doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. It's not going to happen, just like a functional communism of any form. Its never worked out well for the people.

If all of us who value life are willing to separate ourselves, from political ideological bs (something which causes polarization and deliberate us versus them mentality), then we are stronger for that. We can set aside minor difference to be united for a common interest and goal.

Preservation of that precious value of life.

We as a people, must decide if action can preserve more life than inaction.
In our home towns, our States and as a Country, more importantly as an international community.

United We Stand, The Rest Is, Not An Option!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Why does this get repeated so often?

It's pure ignorance.

Pure Ignorance Huh?...

www.ft.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Fylgje
Is this real or is it just a BS trick by TPTB to stir fear in Americans so that nobody will say anything when they start bombing and killing "terrorists"????? Sorry but I have to question everything since 911.

Question everything or just the US government?

In case you forgot 9/11 was not the first attack on the WTC by Al Queida.

You were saying what what now?
The FBI knew they were going to blow the towers up.. Salem tried to tell them.. What did they do to him?? Ya thats right they threw him in prison.. Interesting that..

So whats this about ALCIADA now?

whatreallyhappened.com...

Mr. Salem, a 43-year-old former Egyptian Army officer, was used by the Government [of the United States] to penetrate a circle of Muslim extremists who are now charged in two bombing cases: the World Trade Center attack, and a foiled plot to destroy the United Nations, the Hudson River tunnels, and other New York City landmarks. He is the crucial witness in the second bombing case, but his work for the Government was erratic, and for months before the World Trade Center blast, he was feuding with the F.B.I.

Supervisor `Messed It Up'

After the bombing, he resumed his undercover work. In an undated transcript of a conversation from that period, Mr. Salem recounts a talk he had had earlier with an agent about an unnamed F.B.I. supervisor who, he said, "came and messed it up."

"He requested to meet me in the hotel," Mr. Salem says of the supervisor.

"He requested to make me to testify, and if he didn't push for that, we'll be going building the bomb with a phony powder, and grabbing the people who was involved in it. But since you, we didn't do that."

The transcript quotes Mr. Salem as saying that he wanted to complain to F.B.I. Headquarters in Washington about the Bureau's failure to stop the bombing, but was dissuaded by an agent identified as John Anticev.

Mr. Salem said Mr. Anticev had told him,

"He said, I don't think that the New York people would like the things out of the New York Office to go to Washington, D.C."

Another agent, identified as Nancy Floyd, does not dispute Mr. Salem's account, but rather, appears to agree with it, saying of the `New York people':

"Well, of course not, because they don't want to get their butts chewed."

edit on 9/22/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

I'm willing to bet, if terrorists were going to wait for a weak indecisive political regime in America, like the on e we have under obiden. It would be now.

Terrorist will always attack, when they feel emboldened by incompetent leaders. Which is why we see what's happening in the World. Terror cells or not, it's only a matter of when, not if.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wow interesting I had no idea this was done, very soon hamas flag will be Infront of the white house.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: margo6044
Wow interesting I had no idea this was done, very soon hamas flag will be Infront of the white house.

What an odd sight that will be, a Hamas flag flying next to a rainbow flag.

Interesting times.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join