It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Supporters Flash Islamic Flag in Front of White House

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

While I'm with you in believing the snowden crap is just that, crap... there is still the logical question of original funding source.

What we know, in 2008 al-Baghdadi was released from prison a free man. He was with a small little al-qaeda group prior to that, probably from 2000 has been fighting, but not leading anything. It was after his release from prison that he began leading... and then just a small group - fighting alongside other small groups in the area.

Now here is where it gets tricky. And you, if you are being honest, have to admit the same.

Sometime in 2009-2011 is when things changed for his fortunes. If I'm honest it looks to be more around 2011. (later rather than earlier) It wasn't until 2012 that he went into Syria with some forces (should my recollection be accurate), but that was when he really began making his mark... in Syria 2012-2013.

Prior to that he was virtually unknown, and funded exactly the same as every other al-qaeda group, the same funding sources that get funneled through Saudia and the UAE.

When he was in Iraq, he was not showing any additional funding than the norm. But when he went into Syria, something changed. He had money, plenty of money.

Money actually became part of his success, because he could flood the local economies of the areas he took over, and kick start them, and get them depending upon him.

Now, the tricky part is they were still - even in the beginning of the Syrian conflict - getting funding from the usual suspects, no more than usual, but no less either. Although this situation didn't last long, because that is also where he made his complete and total break from al-Qaeda, including the funding sources.

Now, they were smart. They took strategic locations, trade routes and the like, which helped them as far as monetary needs. Plus they had just embarked on their memorabilia campaign, although that didn't take off quite as well in the beginning as I'm sure it is now. The memorabilia (T-shirts) is also a funding source for them.

But still, this does not give them the funds they were spending at first, and spending it they were. Not even governments can do what he was doing for goodness sake.

I believe, and will believe to the day I die , that he had funding sources which were outside the norm. Think about what it takes to keep up your fighters, even 3 or 4 hundred of them isn't cheap... you have to feed them, clothe them, make sure their families are taken care of, especially in the event of death... plus you have to sustain fighting - bullets and guns etc etc. Not cheap either.

The usual suspects just barely keep up with all that, these are the most well funded - and most if not many small groups fail due to lack of funding - as its too expensive to sustain fighting. Al-Baghdadi was an exception in that he had more than enough funds do all of the above, plus absolutely flood local economies.

So, we are left with an open question, to which there is no proof of the answer. Who helped them, who isn't part of the normal funding crowd.

My husband absolutely doesn't think it was the US either, so in the interest of keeping an open mind and not being biased, I have given much consideration to who it could have been - because if its not the US, then who is it?

The one thing most people do, as we are creatures of habit, is keep doing the thing that worked for us... whatever that thing is depending on the situation. If we find something that works, then we stick with it - through thick and thin.

The one real constant, the one thing that is not even much a variable for him - is his black market artifact funding source. He is quite purposeful in looting all of the places he can loot for artifacts, and then destroy the evidence of such. So.... what if this funding source is not only what he keeps up with, but something which got him his start? Which gave him more money than literally any other groups...

Whatever it is would have to be big, and worth an awful lot of money. There is only one artifact that was worth millions (worth 14 million I believe) that popped up out of nowhere around the same time. Turkey is its possessor...

so it makes you wonder. Because with the Euphrates drying up, and so many new archeological sites popping up that have never before been seen...if that is where it came from - and simply sold to Turkey.

It's a thought, and it gives an alternative... him hitting upon the archeological find of the century and selling black market - because many also see the US as one of the usual funding sources, so having more money than ever before, almost writes the US out as being that particular source that got them their extraordinary start.

But I will say if that is what happened, and I shudder to think of such, because then we must admit he is near genius. That is scarey... although most like him are - militarily and strategically anyway.
edit on 11-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait is where you'll find the financiers to ISIS, money channels from kidnappings and ransoms in Northern Africa and also from selling fake passports in Syria and even oil to Assad amongst other things...

But also, ISIS has pillaged several banks on their march through Iraq, gathering 100's of millions as they go, as well as the billions of abandoned US hardware given to the Iraqi forces.

edit on 11-8-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Actually the selling of an artifact is a very sound theory in my opinion. They have proven that they are hitting very old places of worship, which many times have artifacts of great value in them. This could very well be how they are being funded, though at this point, I would think anyone that is buying them would have to know who they are buying from which would put them in the position of knowing that they are backing a very violent group.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Actually the selling of an artifact is a very sound theory in my opinion. They have proven that they are hitting very old places of worship, which many times have artifacts of great value in them. This could very well be how they are being funded, though at this point, I would think anyone that is buying them would have to know who they are buying from which would put them in the position of knowing that they are backing a very violent group.

Religious relics have always been very lucrative, and acquiring them earns merit for a believer. If that money goes to kill infidels, so much the better.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait is where you'll find the financiers to ISIS, money channels from kidnappings and ransoms in Northern Africa and also from selling fake passports in Syria and even oil to Assad amongst other things...

the oil to assad I don't believe, that's all propaganda when Iran is the one providing Assad with oil.

That said, the fake passports they are giving away are ISIS passports, not selling. And they have no value, in the global economy. Also, most Syrian people just don't have tons of money to purchase questionable European passports with.

As far as the normal funding sources, I already mentioned Saudia etc. but this does not give them the extra funds they had... in the beginning.

But also, ISIS has pillaged several banks on their march through Iraq, gathering 100's of millions as they go, as well as the billions of abandoned US hardware given to the Iraqi forces.

This is another possibility, although it has many holes in it. The money to be gotten is the money the bank actually has on hand, which is never 100's of millions. That's a grand story, but little more. I'm sure they did loot a bank, even two perhaps... but it probably wasn't as lucrative as all that. Just ask any bank robber.

For that to be worth anything to them, they have to have full control of the towns, full control of the banks. All the automated stuff - transfers and the like, can be stopped from central location otherwise.
edit on 11-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think people who purchase black market artifacts know there is blood all over them, and simply don't care. That is a general rule, historically.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR

Threats will be fully investigated by the SS, prank or real.

The weapons our boys fired against ISIS, ISIL, IS - whatever the media calls them this week, were very real.

Who's got the better sense of humor?

edit on 11-8-2014 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

This is another possibility, although it has many holes in it. The money to be gotten is the money the bank actually has on hand, which is never 100's of millions. That's a grand story, but little more. I'm sure they did loot a bank, even two perhaps... but it probably wasn't as lucrative as all that. Just ask any bank robber.

For that to be worth anything to them, they have to have full control of the towns, full control of the banks. All the automated stuff - transfers and the like, can be stopped from central location otherwise.

You sure?

ISIS Just Stole $425 Million

As insurgents rolled past the largest city in northern Iraq, an oil hub at the vital intersection of Syria, Iraq and Turkey, and into Tikrit, several gunmen stopped at Mosul’s central bank. An incredible amount of cash was reportedly on hand, and the group made off with 500 billion Iraqi dinars — $425 million.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR
So the culprit by releasing this photo has given the authorities a rough time of day an angle of view from where he stood and the fact he was using his phone camera.... I'd say he's fu*#ed? A camera in every Bush? Beings its the Whitehouse?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all. Obama is probably their leader.

Crisis in the Middle East | Isis | Barack Hussein Obama II | Pennsylvania Avenue = (225) + (56) + (165) + (220) = 666?

Explain this one Mr. President!

PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA II | MUSLIM | AL-QAEDA |BAGHDAD, IRAQ | WAR ON CHRISTIANS = (275) + (87) + (41) + (72) + (191) = 666!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
BRING IT! Everyone lace up your boots 🔫🔫📣 War is coming...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
So the culprit by releasing this photo has given the authorities a rough time of day an angle of view from where he stood and the fact he was using his phone camera.... I'd say he's fu*#ed? A camera in every Bush? Beings its the Whitehouse?

Yep they will find this guy for sure. You can bet there are secret service going through every video looking for that time of day and car and you can bet they have infrared cameras as well as regular High Def Photos of that car. They will catch this guy for sure.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IXApollyonXI
This doesn't surprise me at all. Obama is probably their leader.

What has our President said or done to make you think he would be the leader of ISIS? Just curious.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
a reply to: Snarl

especially those which are domestic threats.

And how do you suppose you do that? Imprison or kill people without trials?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

It,s what George H.W. Bush said in a speech (11) years before 911. He said we had an "angel in the whirlwind".

THE ANGEL IN THE WHIRLWIND | GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH | BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA II = (248) + (253) + (165) = 666.
Obama shows up in some strange calculations.

MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD = (215) = ANGEL IN THE WHIRLWIND = JOSEPH ROBINETTE BIDEN. Coincidence or Providence?
Barack Hussein Obama II | Joseph Robinette Biden | January 20, 2009 | January 20, 2017 = (165) + (215) + (139) + (147) = 666!

The two dates above are the day they took office, and the day they leave office!

JANUARY 20 = (110) = APOLLYON - Rev. 9:11
Barack Hussein Obama II | Islamic Antichrist |Islamic Terrorists | Muslim = (165) + (187) + (227) + (87) = 666.

edit on 07-27-2016 by IXApollyonXI because: (no reason given)

edit on 07-27-2016 by IXApollyonXI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

If you're critical of this administration on Facebook you get a visit from government agencies.

If you are a vet, salute a flag, adhere to the Constitution, you can be branded a "domestic terrorist".

I hope like hell that these cowardly ISIS pukes get (at the very least) the same damned treatment!

You and I are on the same page far too often lately beezzer! Were I religious I might think it were a sign of the end times. On a more serious note, if I got a knock at my door for "mouthing off" a "vague and veiled threat" to my county veterans resources director which when translated into English means I called them out for how poorly they handled my disability case and the Secret Service doesn't track down whoever this clown is, there is something VERY wrong with our country. Not that there aren't a million things already wrong but I think you get my point.
edit on 12-8-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The NSA has only been used to terrorize American citizens, never to catch real criminals. They won't do crap about this because it promotes their agenda of fear and taking away our rights. These people are doing their work for them. They will probably receive a check in the mail for it with a note encouraging them to do more.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Well...

The main threat is from people who have gone abroad to fight, and could potentially cause trouble when they return. There is a list of such persons, including Americans, Brits, French, and a plethora of other nationalities represented. My solution? When they get back home, arrest them at the airport.

Make membership of all jihadist organisations a capital crime, and without the ten year legal BULLCRAP that slows down the current execution process, just after the arrest, the subject should be taken round to the back of the airport, and be shot in the forehead from a distance of three feet, with expanding rounds.

However, this does mean that the people on the borders, and the people manning the intelligence stations, had better be NANOMETER accurate in their identifications of persons of interest with regard to this situation.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

you mean like the supposed 19 hijackers that the NSA and the 40+ billion dollar a year black budget couldn't seem to stop?

That should work well.

I'm being sarcastic of course, and implying what makes you really think this isn't all coordinated by American intelligence(or lack thereof) to justify some ridiculous coming war that they can only justify by feeding a group called ISIS and letting them attack America. Or, get some Zionist punks to pose as muslims and do the job for them, the Zionist love a good false flag where others fight and die for their racist genocidal cause

Took the words right out of my mouth. Who benefits from this utter BS. Much like the alleged " Sleeper Cells " Their everywhere " Run ! Hide America. Without the aid of the FBI most of this nonsense would not occur. However, now our
Government can once again direct their attention toward ALL of us . Which IMHO has been the plan since day one. I'm
especially PO'd that DHS has the audacity to single out returning combat vets as potential DOMESTIC TERRORISTS.
To hell with all these scare tactics. I could care less about the Gov DHS Israel or the MSM that pump out this fear mongering propaganda.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You know I so totally agree with you! THIS is the best (and only real) solution to the problem in western countries. PLUS... the websites which promote, teach, and recruit for these things need shut down.

I disagree in them having freedom of speech. They are using it to recruit people and brainwash them.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join