It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO Seeks expert advice on the administration of untested Ebola drugs....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
home.mytelus.com...

The WHO wants advice on the ETHICS of administering experimental drugs to Ebola patients.....
Whats the ATS concensus.....to shoot em up or let em die......
Id say that once infected....any hope is better than just the odds.....

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Seems there is no time for ethics. Unfortunate as that is if not even tried it appears like that the consequences could be worse. The recent CDC conference explained that if it's not contained in those areas it is going to spread to where it cannot be contained. To have permission from the infected patients if possible, at least, may ease legal ethics concerns?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

In the meantime, Kieny says, the WHO is exploring the possibility of helping the affected countries develop convalescent serum — blood from survivors which would contain Ebola antibodies — and hyperimmune globulin, a more concentrated antibody serum. Both these therapies are used for a variety of illnesses; hyperimmune globulin, for instance, is used to treat people who have been exposed to rabies.

"Neither convalescent serum nor hyperimmune globulins are there yet," Kieny says. "But this is something that could be worked on and be available in the coming few months."

Why haven't they been stocking up on this stuff.....

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
How long before we see the anti-vax crowd picketing Ebola wards...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
How long before we see the anti-vax crowd picketing Ebola wards...

I remember a few years back with the swine flu scare I believe. PTB were pushing the vaccine like no other but the fear was not high enough for people to get the shot in mass. I also remember a man named Joseph Moshe. This time around I bet people will be lining up around the block....Hmm makes ya wonder.
edit on 10-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Yeah because vaccines have to have a sinister motive in Conspiracy World.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
My husband makes vaccines, and his opinion on things like this is that you have to weigh the potential risks of a drug that hasn't been fully safety tested against the risks associated with catching the disease. When it came to the swine flu, he wasn't prepared to risk the vaccination. In his estimation the risk of catching and fighting swine flu was less than the risks that a rushed vaccine were going to potentially have bad consequences.

However, in his estimation, Ebola turns that equation on its head. Ebola is a nasty enough disease that if it comes into your area. The odds of surviving Ebola are low enough that it's worth the risks associated with a drug that hasn't been fully tested in his opinion, but with Ebola, you are looking at a better than even chance od death as opposed to something that may inconvenience you for the rest of your life. Granted, it may be a harsh inconvenience, but you at least kept your life.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I remember. I also remember no one giving a hoot that the vaccine was untested and forced out the gates in a panic. German officials at least, ordered the vaccine free of preservatives (ie: thermasol) for all government / military employees.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
home.mytelus.com...

The WHO wants advice on the ETHICS of administering experimental drugs to Ebola patients.....
Whats the ATS concensus.....to shoot em up or let em die......
Id say that once infected....any hope is better than just the odds.....

may be the WHO and UN never heard of "imported immunity" they suppressed in favor of vaccines.
how about harvesting anti-bodies of the disease from horses like the antitoxin muscular injection for Dephiteria?
it is been around for a hundred years and the them suppressed it in 1930 in favor of the vaccines.
every disease have antibodies you can make in animals (like horses, mustang horses in west usa for example can provide antitoxin for ebola to all humans of earth).
Dr Brantly was healed by the imported immunity from a survivor (donated blood containing the antibodies) not by the ZMAP drug which did not help the Spanish priest who died and after he died in the same day the WHO declared its support for ZMAP after it failed the Spanish priest,) who are they fooling?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
harvesting anti bodies from tobacco plant, can end up harvesting other things from the tobacco plant (Nicotine which will cause desruption of autonomic system of human body)
!?

while Camel or Horse serum containing the antibodies is already made by a wonderful machine that cost nothing (the animal it self and some hay)

top topics

join